**GUNNAR EYEWEAR IN STOCK NOW!! - PROTECT YOUR EYES!!**

Associate
OP
Bailey - do you use over-ear headphones at the same time? If so, how is the comfort level?
I have the Razer FPS Model and use them with SteelSeries Arctis Pro's and they fit fine. Gunnar's are designed to be used with headphones.

"The lightweight frames feature low profile temples for audio headset compatibility." - From the Sales Pack used for setting up the Gunnar Products.

Permabanned
Blue filter makes the image look crap lol you get this tech on monitors and if you have sore eyes trust me upgrade to 240hz and drop the gimmicky glasses.

I would probably give this a 1 out of 10, indeed i would score it a 0 if it had razer rgb too.

Associate
OP
Blue filter makes the image look crap lol you get this tech on monitors and if you have sore eyes trust me upgrade to 240hz and drop the gimmicky glasses.

I would probably give this a 1 out of 10, indeed i would score it a 0 if it had razer rgb too.

It really doesn't do that much to the image colour and if its that much of an issue, get the clear lenses. Regardless of what program you use to reduce blue light using your monitor, it wont remove screen glare. which is what causes the burning and stinging sensation in your eyes. That is where the Gunnars come in. I sit infront of a screen for roughly 11 hours a day. Since using the gunnars, I dont suffer with eye strain or dry eyes. And yes, before you ask, i've been using F.lux, the built in windows 10 settings and Optifine (still had sore, dry eyes after using them)

ADP

ADP

Associate
I've recently bought some of these glasses just over a week ago before Overclockers started selling them, they definitely do reduce the eye strain that I was suffering with. I first heard about these glasses years ago but only just gave them ago.

This video convinced me to try them. Very good explanation about the difference between Blue light filter glasses and Computer glasses:

Associate
Bailey and PREDATOR - you say that you have experienced benefits of using these - that they reduce your eye strain. What sort of symptoms have help alleviated for you?

I spend hours on computer screens at work and then come home to spend 5 hrs at night playing games etc. As I am middle age I have been putting done my eye problems (perhaps headaches, blurred vision, sometimes dry eyes) etc to old age. I do have short sight and long sight prescription specs now though I don't use (unless I am at the cinema or reading small print) - my prescription should mean that I am OK to see 30cm to say 10m. These sound like they might actually be beneficial to me but I want to know more specifics why you are saying they are good.

Associate
OP
Bailey and PREDATOR - you say that you have experienced benefits of using these - that they reduce your eye strain. What sort of symptoms have help alleviated for you?

I spend hours on computer screens at work and then come home to spend 5 hrs at night playing games etc. As I am middle age I have been putting done my eye problems (perhaps headaches, blurred vision, sometimes dry eyes) etc to old age. I do have short sight and long sight prescription specs now though I don't use (unless I am at the cinema or reading small print) - my prescription should mean that I am OK to see 30cm to say 10m. These sound like they might actually be beneficial to me but I want to know more specifics why you are saying they are good.

I used to suffer with tired, sore, dry eyes after a full day at work, like yourself I also game in the evening after work. I am also incredibly susceptible to Headaches and Migraines (I have my Mother to thank for that). Having been using the Gunnars, I find that my eyes are not as fatigued come the end of the working day, they are not dry or sore. I have also noticed that I am not suffering from as many headaches. I do still get them but not as often. This I would put down to the "focusing Power" as Gunnar call it, a very slight magnification to the lenses that mean text is easier to read for example. The blue light reduction is great and believe it or not, the amber tinted lenses really don't affect colour that much, infact, i'd say you become used to it and dont really notice the slight tint - not until you take the glasses off. I stare at a lot of white screen during the day at work due to the nature of the job - this is where the lens tint helps, the lenses as stated, also help protect from screen glare/screen burn.

When I get home, I game on my home PC for a few hours, usually in a dark room due to sun or light reflection off of my monitor. The Gunnar's slight tint helps brighten the room up so i'm not straining when looking at the screen - helps on dark games too! Works similar to shooting glasses, brightens the environment up a little, just to take the strain off the eyes.

I'm no Optician or Ophthalmologist so I cannot go into Medical depth, however, I will say that they work. Gunnar had their lens design Medically Approved too!
In fact, put it this way, I brought a pair - even though I wasn't originally sold, like most other people, I was just using f.lux and other software for blue light reduction and I am honestly glad to say I was pleasantly surprised. :)

Associate
Thanks. I may give them a go. it is good to get this actual feedback. I had not even considered them seriously until seeing this. If they do work for me it would be worth the £50 (I would go for the cheapest to see if they work).

Permabanned
Thanks. I may give them a go. it is good to get this actual feedback. I had not even considered them seriously until seeing this. If they do work for me it would be worth the £50 (I would go for the cheapest to see if they work).

I thought about packing gaming in last year because my eyes hurt so much Alan. Everyone is different but what i realized is working with computers then coming home for a 4 or 5 hr gaming session to midnight meant i lost vision and i have focus problems. I know i said bad things a few posts ago sorry but i never thought about this application. Its perfect use them in the daytime but im telling you all now what made me able to play again without headaches is 240hz 1ms displays.

No more headaches or eye strain before i could play for hours but age changed what my eyes can tolerate 144hz is the absoloute mimimum i say people should game on for eye health. But if you value your eyes well use Gunnars at work and something like the Gigabyte Aourus 240hz would work wonder? If you doubt me boys try a AW2518H monitor and report back about the eye strain. And with DSR you can do 4k on such a monitor and making it even more easy on the eyes.

Associate
I thought about packing gaming in last year because my eyes hurt so much Alan. Everyone is different but what i realized is working with computers then coming home for a 4 or 5 hr gaming session to midnight meant i lost vision and i have focus problems. I know i said bad things a few posts ago sorry but i never thought about this application. Its perfect use them in the daytime but im telling you all now what made me able to play again without headaches is 240hz 1ms displays.

No more headaches or eye strain before i could play for hours but age changed what my eyes can tolerate 144hz is the absoloute mimimum i say people should game on for eye health. But if you value your eyes well use Gunnars at work and something like the Gigabyte Aourus 240hz would work wonder? If you doubt me boys try a AW2518H monitor and report back about the eye strain. And with DSR you can do 4k on such a monitor and making it even more easy on the eyes.

when you say a go 240hz displays - do you mean even if your gpu cant get up to 240fps?

Permabanned
when you say a go 240hz displays - do you mean even if your gpu cant get up to 240fps?

Yes i do because 240hz reduced the blur so much it was equal to my Eizo FG2421 which is fake 240hz but with a very well renowed trick called black frame insertion. And removing this blur also made me feel less sick weirdly. It was for me just a complete package of relief i could have cried.

And my findings were at long as you have a minimim of 120fps 240hz still works like 240hz. But there are issues below 120fps so i had basically a huge flexible performance window where 120fps is good but the smoothess when you start to climb above 170fps is simply incredible. With my 1080 i can play 4k in Overwatch at 160fps this is at 4k as well with everything but textures on low. And its the only way i can play if i try to do this on anything else i feel incredibly sick within an hour and that is me for the night. This way i can and have did six hour sessions like i was a teenager again. What do you have to lose?

Associate

from the gigabyte aurous monitor info:

The the Aorus AD27QD also includes technology to help reduce eye strain. In particular screen flicker and blue light have been identified as sources of eye strain. The Aorus AD27QD addresses both these, it has been certified for its low blue light emissions and the screen is flicker free.

perhaps a better monitor will help with eye strain? My monitors are 1440 and 4k but only at 60 hz 9and quite old at that and so none of that blue light reduction stuff).

Associate
OP
from the gigabyte aurous monitor info:

The the Aorus AD27QD also includes technology to help reduce eye strain. In particular screen flicker and blue light have been identified as sources of eye strain. The Aorus AD27QD addresses both these, it has been certified for its low blue light emissions and the screen is flicker free.

perhaps a better monitor will help with eye strain? My monitors are 1440 and 4k but only at 60 hz 9and quite old at that and so none of that blue light reduction stuff).
I currently run an Acer Predator 4K G-Sync Monitor. Had it a few years but it is only 60Hz because 4K G-Sync. But i came from an old 1080p "HD Ready" TV (God help me) so anything was an improvement :D

Might be worth a monitor upgrade for myself too eh?

Back
Top Bottom