PC Game Pass (was Xbox Game Pass for PC)

Soldato
Just tried downloading Void. The Xbox Beta app wouldn't let me install to a second hard drive without setting it as the default location for all apps. It then wouldn't let me use that drive for apps without removing all of the apps currently installed there. I wasn't sure if this meant everything (i.e. my Steam library) or just the Windows Store stuff already on there (FH4, Sea of Thieves). So it's going on my system drive (small SSD). Really annoying. I need more storage anyway though, so I might take the plunge and buy a 1TB NVME.

That's strange, works fine for me

Dc6tif8.png

Could it be due to drive letters maybe?

Soldato
Yup it's awesome quality is much better than steam too. It will emulate a 360 pad but use virtual here and you can pass the controller over IP to the machine and it will be as if its locally connected...

I'm currently playing odyssey with a Bluetooth Xbox one pad connected via this method.

Worked just fine for Metro Exodus, I did however somehow bugger up my hosts bluetooth USB adaptor, however that Broadcom adaptor has been right finicky since I've updated to Windows 10 1803 upwards, so no surprise there, I just used a USB wired xbox 1 controller - worked just fine, so did keyboard and mouse. Game was actually pretty smooth, so there we go, can even stream Windows 10 games over the net. !!

I'm pretty happy with this...

Soldato
Just tried downloading Void. The Xbox Beta app wouldn't let me install to a second hard drive without setting it as the default location for all apps. It then wouldn't let me use that drive for apps without removing all of the apps currently installed there. I wasn't sure if this meant everything (i.e. my Steam library) or just the Windows Store stuff already on there (FH4, Sea of Thieves). So it's going on my system drive (small SSD). Really annoying. I need more storage anyway though, so I might take the plunge and buy a 1TB NVME.

That is odd, it allows me to select whichever drive I want. I've set one as a default but it will allow me to select one as well.

Soldato
Seems to have fixed itself now. I installed using the Windows Store, and it worked fine. I then went back in to the Xbox app and now it'll let me install to my second drive. Still gives the same message for my external drive though.

Soldato
xbox beta app, I look at the games I own tab, and it says - none

I do own MS store games, so thats broken, it is in beta but its got some work ahead of it. and why can't you press the xbox button and see what achievements left to do etc in the app, its fine, it all works, but its got some work. For the price, well prepared to stick with it, it'll improve I suspect.

Associate
im having trouble installing the xbox beta app ive just installed the latest update (1809) but when i go to install the app it says "It looks like you don’t have any applicable device(s) linked to your Microsoft account" anyone got any ideas what this means?

Man of Honour
im having trouble installing the xbox beta app ive just installed the latest update (1809) but when i go to install the app it says "It looks like you don’t have any applicable device(s) linked to your Microsoft account" anyone got any ideas what this means?

Thats not the latest update, you need update 1903 , which is the May 2019 update. If you dont have that one you get that message about devices, my friend had the same thing last night. He got it because he was trying to do windows update over wifi and for some reason the 1903 update wouldnt come across on the wifi. The moment he plugged in wired instead he was able to get the 1903 update.

Soldato
Why do they not allow some games to be installed somwhere other than the system drive? Do they not knows some people have an ssd as a boot drive and have games elsewhere on a much bigger drive?

Soldato
Why do they not allow some games to be installed somwhere other than the system drive? Do they not knows some people have an ssd as a boot drive and have games elsewhere on a much bigger drive?

They do allow it; the app is just buggy. Try the Windows Store instead.

Associate
Thats not the latest update, you need update 1903 , which is the May 2019 update. If you dont have that one you get that message about devices, my friend had the same thing last night. He got it because he was trying to do windows update over wifi and for some reason the 1903 update wouldnt come across on the wifi. The moment he plugged in wired instead he was able to get the 1903 update.

ok thanks just checked for updates but its not coming through ive only just updated to 1809 so maybe it takes a while to come through

Associate
I had the same issues with installing to another drive. I think some updates on top of other updates were needed, I made sure I rebooted and installed all updates. I then reset store settings etc clearing any ca he issues and it eventually let me change drives.

Soldato
Need new gpu and then can investigate this. Could be interesting with old xbox 360 too

You can't play 360 titles on PC, there are quite a few games you can get on the store though.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/store/top-paid/games/pc < all Win 10 games

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/store/most-popular/games/pc?IsGamePass=true < Win 10 game pass games

If you were talking about pulling out your old xbox 360 then ignore :p

I would LOVE Windows support through the store/xbox app for 360 games though, even if they are emulated.

Soldato
Yup it's awesome quality is much better than steam too. It will emulate a 360 pad but use virtual here and you can pass the controller over IP to the machine and it will be as if its locally connected...

I'm currently playing odyssey with a Bluetooth Xbox one pad connected via this method.

Just a quick thank you, me and gf sat and played crash bandi , street fighter and Forza Horizon 4 in her living room using her Internet to connect to my PC at home, and it worked flawless. Controller worked, even got a DS4 working with it - big thank you for the heads up on that, works better then Steam in home, as it works for all games regardless of store. Very impressed. Thank you.

Soldato
Possibly a daft question, because I'm not sure I fully understand this, but....If I get the "ultimate game pass" for £1, does that mean I can get Metro Exodus (for example) and play it for a month at no additional charge?

Back
Top Bottom