• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The AMD Navi Thread **

Soldato
I love AMD but at £350 for a card that is just above V56 and slower than V64, both of which cost less than 5700, AMD need to position these new cards at lower prices, otherwise Vega kind of remains the better deal especially with V56 still around £250 and V64 from £300 at OcUK.

Let us see, I guess maybe these parts will be similar performance but consume much lower power.

They want to be Nvidia but without the years of having hit the mark Nvidia has.
Unbelievable, what an own goal and an epic fail. If you look at the rumours of 14 TF GPUs with hardware accelerated raytracing and super fast SSDs in the next generation consoles then you can see where all AMD's time and money went, this is not necessarily a bad thing it just means that desktop graphics is their lowest priority. These next gen consoles look like they'll be monstrously fast and a true revolutionary step forward all for price of a single 5700XT desktop GPU.

Its just a joke really. If AMD had at least priced the RX5700XT at £375 and the RX5700 at £275 to £300,it might have been OKish.

Caporegime
I'll likely get a 5700XT 50th on day one if RAL (Radeon Anti-Lag) isn't coming to Vega, and sell my RVII.

Re: all the REEEEEE about pricing. What do you expect? Giveaways? If RAL is exclusive to Navi, then that's a huge killer app for them until NVIDIA respond. That's way more important than a couple more FPS, even if people don't yet realise.

Also, as I've repeatedly warned and people have repeatedly rubbished, there is no chance of low pricing because wafer supply is not infinite. If AMD priced Navi and Ryzen 3 significantly lower, then demand would vastly outstrip supply and it'd be a disaster. Until they have more wafers, there won't be any significant price reduction. Navi prices will probably fall quite a bit in Q4 when this happens, but not before.

I did say the 16 core wouldn't launch below $750 and if it did launch, wouldn't come in July. But no, people had convinced themselves that AMD wanted to give them a free lunch, and supply be damned.

Virtually none of the posts since the announcement have been even moderately realistic.
Are you serious? Radeon Anti-Lag (that thing nobody ever heard of) is a "killer app" that justifies the Navi price?

Damn bro, how much of the Kool aid did you drink? We might need to get your stomach pumped.

Soldato
Who cares? Amd isn;t a charity, as a conusmer you can only make purchases based on what they produce

This,and basically you could have RX5700XT level performance buying an RTX2070 at launch or a GTX1080 in late 2017 when there were deals on. Even Vega64 was available at launch for around the same money in 2017.

Are you serious? Radeon Anti-Lag (that thing nobody ever heard of) is a "killer app" that justifies the Navi price?

Damn bro, how much of the Kool aid did you drink? We might need to get your stomach pumped.

Remember all the mocking of Turing because of its price and RTX not working brilliantly. AMD does not even have the RTX excuse,and literally is selling an RTX2070 level GPU for RTX2070 level money 9 months later,and a RTX2060 class GPU for more money 5 months later.

Yet when AMD does it,that's fine.LMAO.

Associate
I don't know what to make of this launch.

How does the blower style card compare to dual/triple fans?
I've always ran with the fans.

If bad like I think, then Red CPU, and Green GPU for me.

Soldato
Still living in cloud cuckoo land.

You are another enthusiast living in a little bubble so stay in cloud cuckoo land. 84% of all GPU sold in early 2018 were under $300.

People like you were mocking Nvidia,and the moment AMD does the same you defend it.

I love AMD but at £350 for a card that is just above V56 and slower than V64, both of which cost less than 5700, AMD need to position these new cards at lower prices, otherwise Vega kind of remains the better deal especially with V56 still around £250 and V64 from £300 at OcUK.

Let us see, I guess maybe these parts will be similar performance but consume much lower power.

pmc25 thinks you are a cuckoo.

Soldato
How I see this Navi launch is what Zen1 was to Intel. It is a hello we here but not quite there yet. Its a coming of a new age for AMD and I can honestly say this with confidence that a year or two, AMD with Navi will be pushing Nvidia price and performance to the top.

All in all its very exciting stuff and I am really happy what AMD has shown us with Zen and Navi.

The only thing I can agree with peoples negativity in here is the pricing and as a VEGA user, it's not left us much to jump to but has defo raised an eyebrow.

Let us look back at this post in a year or two ;)

Soldato
Someone like myself who classes himself as a competitive player am excited to try out anti lag from navi.
Pricing aside I do like what I see here with navi they is some cool features coming along with the GPU a driver feature like DLSS and Anti lag basically drawing a frame ahead of the competition might not seem much but I can definitely say in a competitive shooter like csgo 1 frame is a lot.

I'll be hanging onto my Vega 64 a little long all about 2020 with navi 20 for me.

That is interesting, thanks for that. I'll be sticking with Vega 64 til next year too.

Soldato
BTW,people should read the AT article on Navi:
https://www.anandtech.com/show/14528/amd-announces-radeon-rx-5700-xt-rx-5700-series

With a single exception, there also aren’t any new graphics features. Navi does not include any hardware ray tracing support, nor does it support variable rate pixel shading. AMD is aware of the demands for these, and hardware support for ray tracing is in their roadmap for RDNA 2 (the architecture formally known as “Next Gen”). But none of that is present here.

This is a stop-gap generation like Vega was. Lack of variable rate shading is weird,as it is part of the DX12 specification and Turing has it:
https://hexus.net/tech/news/graphics/128588-microsoft-adds-variable-rate-shading-support-directx-12/

The consoles will most likely use it:
https://www.techpowerup.com/253227/...chnique-for-console-vr-performance-domination

Soldato
Navi is the equivalent of AMD launching the Ryzen 1800X not at $500,but at $1000 since the Core i7 6950X was $1050. I mean I was not expecting Navi to be Polaris pricing but £360 for a RTX2060 competitor,5 months after it launched,doesn't make any sense.

Last edited:
Soldato
0y47netvym331.jpg

Back
Top Bottom