Chernobyl miniseries - coming to Sky and HBO in May 2019

Man of Honour
I've just started watching this and got through the first two episodes last night. It's fantastic and I'm really enjoying it. Like many here I remember the actual event unfolding on TV in 1986. I do wonder how many cancers across Europe have been caused by it over the years.

Soldato
I've just started watching this and got through the first two episodes last night. It's fantastic and I'm really enjoying it. Like many here I remember the actual event unfolding on TV in 1986. I do wonder how many cancers across Europe have been caused by it over the years.

We were having a conversation in work today and a guy who had cancer in the last decade actually mentioned there is quite solid data which shows a flow of increased cancer rates from the epicentre year on year. He mentioned it's been dramatically on the rise since the event across most of Europe and there is even a pattern further and further out as the years go on. Not saying this is true, just mentioned what he's told us, however he's generally a guy who is quite accurate with information, kind of like a human encyclopedia.

Man of Honour
Just saw the final episode and thought it was far away the best - my criticisms of the other episodes didn’t apply. Really very good.

Man of Honour
I just finished watching this last night. Great acting and very informative story telling.. I remember the news breaking at the time but not much after that. There wasn't the media coverage back then like today.

A stark contrast of communism and today.

I did wonder while watching if it signified the start of the end of the eastern bloc and the cold war. They kind of admitted that they were swallowed by their own internal politics, lies and the lack of help from outside.

RUSSIA is plotting to make its own version of Sky Atlantic's critically acclaimed series Chernobyl — in which it blames the CIA for the nuclear catastrophe.

LOL

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I recognised the KGB agent in episode 3 and 5.. The older chap with glasses but I can't find him listed under the cast..

the chap who told Valery Legasov that he was nothing, that no one would know who he is ..etc

Soldato
Enjoyed the series. Not the best thing I’ve ever seen but very enjoyable.
I liked that they had Trevor from Eastenders as the head of the miners. Kept thinking he would freak out and want to pour gravy over everyone. Instead he just got naked... :eek:

Back
Top Bottom