Always wanted an NSX, so here we are.

Car details:

2016 NSX finished in Berlina Black (non metallic) w/1.9K on the clock:

Standard features:

- 3.5 V6 Twin turbo w/hybrid drive 575PS
- 9 speed DCT w/manual paddle shift
- SH-AWD system
- 4 driving modes - Quiet, Sport, Sport+, Track
- Heated/electric seats w/memory, bluetooth, WiFi, Garmin nav, cruise control, dual zone climate, auto lights/wipers etc

Optional Extras:

- 19 " front/20" rear polished "Interwoven" alloys
- Carbon Ceramic brakes w/red calipers
- Tech Pack (ELS audio, sensors, rear camera)
- Carbon fibre roof (gloss)
- Carbon engine covers (matte dry)
- Orchid Leather interior

GTR has gone now so some basic comparison:

NSX Pros vs GTR

- Build quality feels better
- Interior more ergonomic
- Infotainment
- Looks for me
- Braking (carbon ceramics)
- steering
- no turbo lag

NSX Cons vs GTR

- Practicality. Rear boot can fit 2 or 3 medium backpacks
- Cheap modding is out the window
- Purchase cost

The NSX deploys it's power with the same lack of fuss as the GTR, you can full throttle mid corner and not upset the car if you really wanted to. Power delivery is linear with the electric motors being noticeable in the lower RPMs to torque fill. The engine revs out to 7.5K so you get a little more up top than with the GTR.

The main performance difference is the steering & handling. The GTR handled well but you never felt like it could, if that makes sense. Where as you have more confidence in the NSX, as it turns like a shark in water, so rapid.

Braking is weird as the pedals are not physically connected and the carbon ceramics can lack feedback but the results speak for themselves.

The noise sounds more rorty than a stock GTR and very nice on full throttle but not loud at least and somewhat disappointing if you were expecting a R8 or Gallardo style sound track. There are aftermarket exhausts and down pipes to fix this which I will do at some point.

The different driving modes really do change the car completely. You don;t want to drive in anything other than Sport+ for the extra exhaust, full battery assist and suspension/steering tweaks. Quiet mode is cool for cruising and so much more refined than the GTR. When it kicks into full EV mode at low speed is such a bizarre feeling!

The NSX infotainment has been universally panned across all reviewers, however they mustn't of used a GTR in the last 3 years! I'ts light years ahead and the first time I've used Apple Car play which has been great.

Style wise, man I love it. So much cooler than an R8 looks wise and not as obvious as a Lamborghini or Ferrari.

Because of the atrocious weather I haven;t driven it too hard yet, so mainly pottering around. I must say that the visibility and "normal" road manners have made the NSX very easy to get to grips with. Not as intimating to drive as you might think a mid engine super car would be.

I hope you enjoy the pics and I will post when I can on how I'm getting on.

48043358321_cc033e9f42_b.jpg

48043449212_f6c5062774_b.jpg

48043358271_c5748ea05a_b.jpg

48043449122_487c0bf096_b.jpg

48043393028_f55551ea08_c.jpg

48043453277_216db792e0_c.jpg

48043453437_5129c6ab3b_c.jpg

48043453512_0e4a6129bd_b.jpg

48043362706_6afd9f2d93_z.jpg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
The GTR handled well but you never felt like it could, if that makes sense. Where as you have more confidence in the NSX, as it turns like a shark in water, so rapid.

You mean like there is a bit of a disconnect? you throw it into a corner and do the steering input and know it will do it but doesn't have the (progressive) feedback? I get that a bit with my Navara.

Soldato
Front plate is utterly horrendous!
Also, silver wheels, what's going on? I thought all cars had to come with black wheels so you can't see the pattern and so the car looks rubbish....

Looks really nice that in black with silver wheels (plate is horrible).

Man of Honour
I like buddy! Congrats and enjoy!! :) Not a fan of that front plate but you don't see any number plates ragging it to within an inch of its life so that is irrelevant.

OcUK Staff
Nath

Think its stunning, love the silver/chrome wheels against the black, looks absolutely gorgeous, really good looking car that stands out from the norm, certainly for me much better looking and more unique than say an R8.

The mid-engine thing as you've discovered you really benefit in visibility, I've found the same in the 458 the car feels smaller to drive than my F-Type but its wider, but the visibility is so good you can simply position the car much better and the mechanical traction from mid-engine setup and of course a sorted chassis just make it oh so good.

Enjoy it man and cannot wait for a passenger ride. :)

Soldato
Looks incredible, much more so than an R8, most 911 and GTR. Front plate is a little strange. A shame a smaller font couldn't be used so it sits straight. They kind of look like a cross between a few different super cars and in a good way. Are they not regularly changing up and down the box with 9 spd though compared to say 6 or 7?

Soldato
You mean like there is a bit of a disconnect? you throw it into a corner and do the steering input and know it will do it but doesn't have the (progressive) feedback? I get that a bit with my Navara.

To much steering assistance causes that.

Soldato
Awesome! Very special compared to a GTR IMO. Apart from the front number plate... sorry, pointy elbows etc.

There is something in me that would want an original NSX rather than the new one. Have you driven the original?

Soldato
Hardly anyone bought the original, they said it was to expensive for a Honda. But it's turned out to be one of the best supercars of the era, largely because it's a Honda and still works. I wonder if the current one will be similar.

Back
Top Bottom