• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The AMD Navi Thread **

Soldato
Indeed. That was another bizarre card that no one wanted or needed at its price point.
Seems that way

They know Nvidia is upto something but continue unperturbed. It shows how crap the GPU market,is when the only hope is for Intel to come and do something about it. I feel they will see what is happening and just join the pricing circlejerk now.

Soldato
I just cannot get my head around the pricing. Everyone knows that Nvidia are gouging. The CPU side acknowledged the massive gouging by Intel, but you didn't acknowledge the gouging by Nvidia. Seems like they are really trying to turn around and profit.... But at that price... Lol.. it makes the nvidia card prices look acceptable.

These are mid range cards at mid to high end prices.

Soldato
Yeah but that's the fault of AMD by not giving any high end cards for the last 4 years, it almost makes me wonder if Nvidia are giving them a % of their profits to not bother

People will buy nvidia by 4 or 5 times even when AMD compete, look at the 150 to 300 price range.
So why bother?.

Associate
Yeah but that's the fault of AMD by not giving any high end cards for the last 4 years, it almost makes me wonder if Nvidia are giving them a % of their profits to not bother

AMD are trying to fight in two markets right now. People seem to forget that. Not to say I agree with their pricing on the graphics cards, but I fully expect Ryzen to help fuel a comeback for AMD in the high end graphics market.

AMD will drop prices if they have to, Ryzen is where the majority of their revenue will be coming from anyway.

Soldato
People will buy nvidia by 4 or 5 times even when AMD compete, look at the 150 to 300 price range.
So why bother?.

So screw over the people who would buy them,so they end up also looking at Nvidia too?? I had mates looking forward to Navi,as they prefer AMD,but now they have decided to just keep what they have,or look also at what Nvidia has to offer too.

It is suspicious after so many years that AMD still have no answers to Nvidia's high end offerings.
Yet they are coming up with customized solutions for next gen consoles left, right and centre.

This is when it breaks that AMD is secretly a major stock holder of Nvidia and have been playing all sides for fools lol.

Last edited:
Associate
But why must they compete ?

Its a bit like moaning why a small company like lotus can't compete at the absolute top end like against a Lamborghini which is a section of a much larger company

Associate
No i agree i am not overly convinced about its price, i dont think it should be much over 400$, or about £320-£339 to be honest.

But i dont think its a bad card, looks ok to be fair - not sure about the blower but if they have temps under control ..well we will see in reviews. Just the price.
But then both Intel and Nvidia have both done this, and worse. the 2070/80 and ti are a bad joke. Its not cool to see AMD go this route but i sort of can understand.

Soldato
But why must they compete ?

They don’t unless of course they actually hope to sell any. There are already GPUs on the market that offer what these new cards have. Unfortunately the existing cards are more efficient and have features that the AMD cards don’t have such as RTX, power efficiency.

If your offering into a market a card that at best offers parity then why would anyone buy it over the market leader?

It either has to be better or cheaper of which it’s neither.

Soldato
I think nvidia will drop the 20xx super and rename it the 20xx mediocre in line with AMD’s offerings.

Nothing surprises me fortunately, I may even be in the market for a 2070 today as yesterday I was in The market for a Navi card.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
I wonder will these cards (blowers) be as good as the blowers in vega56 flavour, when it comes to undervolting and tweaking. My vega 56 blower I had a few months ago, was fine with undervolting to keep temps down. Didn't sound bad at all. A slight whoosh of air but nothing that bad really. Stock was a different story with fan noise, but with tweaking, it was a great card and decent dB levels on the ears.

Just watching the Gamers Nexus video and they say that AMD have put effort into reducing the noise of the stock blower this time around. The fan is limited to 200-1800RPM and 43dBA max.

Still not exactly quiet, but not as bad as some other blowers.

Soldato

80% of the world buy Nvidia products. How can AMD possibly compete in a world that doesn't care whether there's a monopoly or not? I live in hope that there will eventualy be a time when there's a 50% split which will lead to much faster and cheaper products from Nvidia and AMD. Therefore, I'll buy AMD products until that happens because a monopoly is scewing everybody over. That's not me being a fanboi because if AMD ever gets too big, I'll switch straight back to Intel/Nvidia. But obviously that wont happen because most people only think about the here and now as opposed to thinking how good the world would be 6 years down the road if there was a change.

The 2080 Ti would be faster and cheaper if Nvidia only had 50% of the market. Most people would like that to happen but nobody does anything about it.

Back
Top Bottom