Straight Pride - Right on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
I mean there's literally no need for a straight pride so like pretty much all right-wing rallies, it will be funded by weirdos for weirdos and only weirdos will go, while everyone else has better thing's to do than "trigger the libs", which is all this is.

But it's funny as **** so i support it, i want to see how depressing it can be.

Soldato
I mean there's literally no need for a straight pride so like pretty much all right-wing rallies, it will be funded by weirdos for weirdos and only weirdos will go, while everyone else has better thing's to do than "trigger the libs", which is all this is.

But it's funny as **** so i support it, i want to see how depressing it can be.

It's funny how actually triggered you are while simultaneously knowing that they're doing it to trigger you. Why even care if they want to have a straight pride? Just move on with your life, it's not important or relevant

Soldato
There is lots of adversity in life for all of us. People who get involved in these things are attention seekers deliberately trying to make themselves marginal groups. I bet there are lots of gay people who dont participate in these events because they dont feel the need to be portrayed as special.

Got a gay friend who thinks pride is very cringe, he was a semi professional athlete and now works for a big firm in London. In the same way most straight people don't give "promoting" their sexuality a second thought, neither does he or is interested in doing so. To his mind it is just holding progress back by constantly over emphasising it and he finds it a bit patronising I guess.

Associate
Got a gay friend who thinks pride is very cringe, he was a semi professional athlete and now works for a big firm in London. In the same way most straight people don't give "promoting" their sexuality a second thought, neither does he or is interested in doing so. To his mind it is just holding progress back by constantly over emphasising it and he finds it a bit patronising I guess.
Pride is important in many countries as a display of solidarity for diversity and gay rights.
If these rights already exist in a country then I think it is more of a carnival which is fine with me.

Caporegime
It's funny how actually triggered you are while simultaneously knowing that they're doing it to trigger you. Why even care if they want to have a straight pride? Just move on with your life, it's not important or relevant

I'm not triggered, i'm entirely amused that they feel the need to fight back.

I don't even like Pride in the first place, it's usually obnoxious, corporate and fetishised by weirdos who bring their sex life with them, then there is the militant lot that disrespect the whole thing.

Soldato
Checks user name before commenting ............ Roar87 ...................... as suspected.

I actually took the time to go through the articles linked about him, the article just says he has "connections" to the far right, the OP immediately described him as a bigot and far right though obviously.

Soldato

I have a couple of gay friends who I don't think have ever been to a Pride. I have had others that go every year and love it. Just because the ones that haven't been and have no interest in going doesn't mean it shouldn't happen.

Soldato
I have a couple of gay friends who I don't think have ever been to a Pride. I have had others that go every year and love it. Just because the ones that haven't been and have no interest in going doesn't mean it shouldn't happen.

Never said it shouldn't happen but there is a growing presence that to not support it and get involved is to be a bad person. That I find very silly.

Soldato
I'm not triggered, i'm entirely amused that they feel the need to fight back.

I don't even like Pride in the first place, it's usually obnoxious, corporate and fetishised by weirdos who bring their sex life with them, then there is the militant lot that disrespect the whole thing.

Oh look, we agree on something

Soldato
I don't see an issue with a Straight Pride Day, as long as its intentions were noble. All people should have equal opportunity to celebrate anything they want, as long as those ideals aren't harmful or oppressive.

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
BBC Online said:
The organisers of a so-called "straight pride" parade in Boston have claimed to be victims of terrorism after receiving envelopes full of glitter. The letters prompted a response from the FBI, three fire departments and the bomb squad. [LINK]
Presumably the "glitter" wasn't grey :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom