***E3 2019***

Soldato
Well Navi was utterly disappointing, no idea how the Scarlet is supposed to get 8k at playable frames, definitely no way it's doing 120fps @ 4k with Raytracing, I doubt it'll even push 120 @ 1440p, so looks like next gen 120fps will only be at 1080p which isn't very next gen considering PC games has had this standard for years

Just watch Squeenix show now, FF7 :eek::D Shame it seems to be PS exclusive :(

Soldato
Well Navi was utterly disappointing, no idea how the Scarlet is supposed to get 8k at playable frames, definitely no way it's doing 120fps @ 4k with Raytracing, I doubt it'll even push 120 @ 1440p, so looks like next gen 120fps will only be at 1080p which isn't very next gen considering PC games has had this standard for years

Just watch Squeenix show now, FF7 :eek::D

No one in their right mind should be thinking the 120fps comment was aimed at the higher resolutions. Will probably be options in menus for the higher frame rates but lower resolutions ie 1080p. I’ll be happy with 1440p upscale to 4k with magic trickery as long as it’s 60fps console machine first and foremost. Native 4k60 is absolute best case scenario

Soldato
No one in their right mind should be thinking the 120fps comment was aimed at the higher resolutions. Will probably be options in menus for the higher frame rates but lower resolutions ie 1080p. I’ll be happy with 1440p upscale to 4k with magic trickery as long as it’s 60fps console machine first and foremost. Native 4k60 is absolute best case scenario

Yeah but it's not really next gen is it, it's basically a slight upgrade on current gen or maybe my expectations of what next gen should be are too high :confused:

Avengers sounds meh as well and no gameplay footage ? :(

Soldato
Yeah but it's not really next gen is it, it's basically a slight upgrade on current gen or maybe my expectations of what next gen should be are too high :confused:

lol is this your first year watching or something? It's the same every time - over-promise and under-deliver... lots of flash, "bigger numbers" but no substance. When the latest PS4 and Xbox models came out at E3 all they were saying about was 4K @ 60fps and for the most part we didn't see anything close to that in terms of actual games and this will be no different. I believe 8K 120fps is actually just the theoretical max spec for HDMI 2.1 which is probably why they said it, I haven't gone back to check but I expect they said "We will be able to support 8K at 120fps" but without directly saying that any games will actually run at that

Soldato
Just watched the FF8 Remaster trailer - I'm soooooo excited - It's definitely my favourite Final Fantasy, and my hopes for a remaster/remake were dashed when I heard they lost all the original files :confused:...

However, the trailer doesn't give much away - does anyone know exactly what is going to be in the "remaster", is it just so it looks half-decent on modern TVs?

Permabanned
Native 4k 60fps is ok but the 8K and Raytracing will be like VR a gimmick this is about 4k 60fps as poor console owners have to put up with 90 ppi as a standard. When they go to 8k they up the screen sizes to keep 90ppi they said this very thing.

The PC im using then must be next gen... 4790k will be as powerful as any cpu they have x4 over current sounds about fair and similar. The 1080 is probably equal to what they will use also. I bet this pc comes in close to scarlett and that means 1080p will be the res for Raytracing and 120hz there will not be the power for AAA games like GTA raytraced or 120hz it will still be about 4k 60fps with 90ppi on OLEDs. Which is still OLD tech thanks to DSR you can buy a 1080p 90ppi monitor and play it at 240hz and upsample to 4k and keep the 4k 240fps at 90ppi.

So TLDR i have the same ppi on Rocket League at 4k but im going to be able to play it at four times the framerate which you almost can on a 1080. It runs around 170fps in Overwatch and Rocket League. I said this last year that 240hz DSR was futuristic and it is.

Soldato
lol is this your first year watching or something? It's the same every time - over-promise and under-deliver... lots of flash, "bigger numbers" but no substance. When the latest PS4 and Xbox models came out at E3 all they were saying about was 4K @ 60fps and for the most part we didn't see anything close to that in terms of actual games and this will be no different. I believe 8K 120fps is actually just the theoretical max spec for HDMI 2.1 which is probably why they said it, I haven't gone back to check but I expect they said "We will be able to support 8K at 120fps" but without directly saying that any games will actually run at that

I'm not expecting 120@8k, they said 120fps "upto" 8k and raytracing, nobody is expecting all together but surely actual 4k @ 60fps should be reasonable to assume for next gen instead of upscaled 1440p, even 1440p @ 120fps would be better than current tech but if it's going to be 120fps @ 1080 then it doesn't exactly scream next gen

Not to mention raytracing which is going to cripple framerates at any res so that's just a gimmick

Soldato
I'm not expecting 120@8k, they said 120fps "upto" 8k and raytracing, nobody is expecting all together but surely actual 4k @ 60fps should be reasonable to assume for next gen instead of upscaled 1440p, even 1440p @ 120fps would be better than current tech but if it's going to be 120fps @ 1080 then it doesn't exactly scream next gen

Not to mention raytracing which is going to cripple framerates at any res so that's just a gimmick

Yeah absolutely. It did make me laugh though because at first they came out and appeared like they were going to focus hard on disk stuff and loading times. I thought to myself "how refreshing! Instead of just whacking us over the head with silly promises of crazy resolutions and frame rates they're actually going after something where there is real room for improvement" and then they shattered that totally by falling back to the same spec-based stuff they always do

Soldato

A £1200 nvidia gpu can’t do native 4K 60hz in every game so I’m not sure a £500 all in one console will.

I fully expect checkerboarding.

Soldato
A £1200 nvidia gpu can’t do native 4K 60hz in every game so I’m not sure a £500 all in one console will.

What I'm saying is, it's misleading calling these consoles next gen when they can't achieve something I would actually consider as next gen, upscaled 1080/1440 to 4k is not next gen it's a lie :D

Permabanned
A lie to braindead sheep thats the truth console owners are morons to swallow this up and no one will dare counter that or they would find themselves blacklisted by microsoft.

Did you watch the video? The people talking especially those women they really are true gamers i mean when i look at them i see me... someone who no wait these people are basically like your mum and dad talking about gaming lol who play for maybe an evening per week if lucky! :)

Caporegime
A lie to braindead sheep thats the truth console owners are morons to swallow this up and no one will dare counter that or they would find themselves blacklisted by microsoft.

Did you watch the video? The people talking especially those women they really are true gamers i mean when i look at them i see me... someone who no wait these people are basically like your mum and dad talking about gaming lol who play for maybe an evening per week if lucky! :)

Cripes. Insecure much?

Soldato

That's playing with ultra everything on the settings - some of which are insanely expensive for it's increase in visual fidelity. Consoles preset settings usually remove those kinds of things.

Soldato
Seems like a generational leap in console gaming to me.

Sure, it isn't when compared to a £1500+ PC. But we're talking about a ~£500 console here. It's never going to be "next gen" compared to a PC which costs several times as much. If it's as capable as an £800 PC, it'll represent incredibly good value.

I never really understand the animosity. If you want to spend a large amount of money to get the best possible visuals, PC gaming caters for that.

Last edited:
Permabanned
What are you even on about?

Raytracing 8k and HFR its all lies because people are too dumb to realize it is not achieveable. As pointed out they claim these things while using checkerboard please keep up or shh.

And no i am not insecure either it is the opposite i am secure in that i am already next gen on a four year old PC.

Back
Top Bottom