Final Fantasy VII - "Remake"

Associate
I heard LOTS of the classic music in the gameplay reveal thing and trailer.

I still think I'd prefer the old combat but I can live with this I think. It looks amazing tbh.

Also agree, i had my doubts about the combat system but it looks like theyve done a decent job. FFVII is one of if not my fav game of all time so this is a day one purchase for me. I've never taken time of work to play a game but i will be for this.

Soldato
It looks like they're really throwing everything at this if Midgar is going to be its own 2 disc game. I think they're going to milk this thing to high heaven, like 4-5 parts until they finish it.

The combat looks good I suppose, I'm just a bit concerned about how it will evolve as you gain levels because it appears rather simplistic. I hope it opens up with more depth as you gain levels like in the original.

Overall it's looking good, actually better than I expected. The character designs look amazing (especially Aerith and Tifa,) the environments look really authentic and I can't wait to hear more of the music. The only minor annoyance for me is Sephiroth's English voice, he just sounds far too young and common. It should be deeper and more charismatic, I think they've messed up with this choice which is a shame because I like the other voices so far.

Caporegime
It certainly doens't suggest it's going to be a five hour game, either.

No idea re: how many discs in the end either, since even though I've pre-ordered the 1st Class edition, I'll be getting the game digitally anyway.

Right at the beginning - I'm at work at the moment but I'm pretty sure I recalled most of the music.

I'm afraid in this day and age, it does mean exactly that. Day one DLC is prolific in modern gaming.

Based on what? I'm not without my doubts, but it's been said multiple times that this is a reimagining of the original game - I'm pretty sure Nomura said it's going to be flehsed out.

We will find out, soon enough.
[/QUOTE]

My concerns are mainly

A) how many games is this being split over
B) how will they handle back travelling between games
C) just what will we get from this game, will sections be cut completely?

I know it takes nothing away from the original but I won’t support something based on vague comments about what’s in game 3.

Christ it could be 10 years before you get to play game 3.

Soldato
I'd much rather prefer it as a single release, who knows when we'll get to play the entire thing considering Part 1 is practically a year away.

Soldato
Looking forward to the VIII remaster more than this atm.. :(

I love FF VIII, but it is an acquired taste. The story is a trainwreck!. Even though I was fairly young and a massive fan of final fantasy when I played it, I remember my reaction to the orphanage scene (... Really? I think I even stopped playing it for a bit and went back to it later)

I'll be all over the remaster anyway. I hope they do it justice. I do love the game

Soldato
I love FF VIII, but it is an acquired taste. The story is a trainwreck!. Even though I was fairly young and a massive fan of final fantasy when I played it, I remember my reaction to the orphanage scene (... Really? I think I even stopped playing it for a bit and went back to it later)

I'll be all over the remaster anyway. I hope they do it justice. I do love the game

VIII is fantastically bonkers. I love every bit of it.

The orphanage scene was fantastic for me, but I was 9 when I played it - so go figure. I still think it gets too much stick.

Caporegime
I've never played FFVII past Midgar so wasn't really bothered about this remaster but having watched the latest footage, it looks really good. I actually can't wait to see what they've done with the other characters like Red whatsits and Sephiroth.

Soldato

FFVIII is worth it solely for Triple Triad and making yourself OP in Disc 1. I've literally spent 15-20 hours before just grinding card mod with Seifer on Dollet and then grinding a load of cards in Balamb Garden to get a load of magic and Lionheart on Disc 1 and I loved every minute of it :p. The story is ridiculous but I enjoy it for the most part. The orphanage scene is terrible though.

Soldato
It is.

The FFVIIR game will be released on the 3rd March 2020, which will be spread across two blu-rays, and that's just Midgar.

Where did your read that? I assume you're incorrect here.

The two disk requirement is probably due to the cinematics. We're only getting Midgar in the first installment, and it's across two blu ray disks.

Yeah was my bad read something wrong on another site until confirmed elsewhere.

Thing with adding extra content is they are probably doing it to combat the fighting element. Think how much time is actually spent on the original FF7 actually going in and out of battles and being turn based how long some of this takes. With the new element, I imagine it will be a lot quicker in places and if a world map does exist, it's highly unlikely to have 100000's of monsters running round everywhere.

I've ran through 7 before with the mod on skipping the fights and it does majorly cut the game time down.

Soldato
Colour me cautiously optimistic, to b fair if it's even a patch on the original I'll be happy though :p

Comment about the whole game being set in Midgar was a little weird mind.

Associate
I'm not ready to see Aeris/Aeirth getting stabbed in today graphics, but who is ready to see cloud dressed up as a girl in today graphics. :D
FF8 remaster i'm tempted to pick up but i'm also still debating whether to give FFX a go..not fan of the constant party switch.

Soldato
I'm still cautious, but more hyped than before.

It looks pretty good, but this is the easy bit. Making a stand alone game of Midgar is by all accounts fairly simple as you are fairly locked in at that point on the original.

It's how they handle the world map and the rest of it that worries me completely, everyone had a slight different route through the original and that was the beauty of it.

Are they going to do the difficult thing and let us pick and choose our route and explore our new surroundings before ultimately having to hit a plot point or are they going to cheap out and just force us from one plot point to the next with no option?

On my second run though for example I over leveled so much outside of Midgar I actually just nailed the Zolom in battle and didn't bother with the choco to cross the Marsh.

These opportunities to do side story, go explore or just go level up loads are right the way throughout the original and that's what makes the game imo.

Associate
I'm still cautious, but more hyped than before.

It looks pretty good, but this is the easy bit. Making a stand alone game of Midgar is by all accounts fairly simple as you are fairly locked in at that point on the original.

It's how they handle the world map and the rest of it that worries me completely, everyone had a slight different route through the original and that was the beauty of it.

Are they going to do the difficult thing and let us pick and choose our route and explore our new surroundings before ultimately having to hit a plot point or are they going to cheap out and just force us from one plot point to the next with no option?

On my second run though for example I over leveled so much outside of Midgar I actually just nailed the Zolom in battle and didn't bother with the choco to cross the Marsh.

These opportunities to do side story, go explore or just go level up loads are right the way throughout the original and that's what makes the game imo.

well i guess this will be the test, if we are not allowed to go explore and pick our own route then they will have ruined the game imo

Soldato
So far it's a ps4 exclusive, I'd imagine we will see it on ps5 also at some point due to the second ep likely being released some way into the next gen life cycle.

No mention at all of pc or xbox release at this time.

Day one Playstation will be the only place to play it.

Soldato
So far it's a ps4 exclusive, I'd imagine we will see it on ps5 also at some point due to the second ep likely being released some way into the next gen life cycle.

No mention at all of pc or xbox release at this time.

Day one Playstation will be the only place to play it.

Cheers bud, looks like I’m getting a PS4 soon then :D

Back
Top Bottom