CPU and GPU BFV Temps.

Soldato
Hey guys,

Just loaded a game of BFV to see how my setup is with temps..as BFV being a demanding game for PC's..

My 8700k is averaging around low to mid 70c's peak.
My MSI TRIO 2080 is peaking at 70c - with minimum fan speed as the curve is on default that it comes with.

Both are stock. I tried a multiplayer match, conquest, 64 man. At 1440p high detail, and the FPS never dipped below 100/110FPS..

Does that sound ok? to me it does, the only thing that is concerning me a little is the CPU?

Im using a Noctua NH-U9S with two Noctua fans.

Cheers guys!

Soldato
OP
Not horrible temps. What case and case fan setup do you have?

Thanks for the reply mate..

I have a NZXT H500 case, and 2noctua intake and one noctua extraction on the back...and the top 120mm slot is empty (just for the heat to rise).

Are these OK for gaming, I mean nothing is likely to be damaged at the 70~75 mark?

Soldato
I assume 2x Noctua are front intakes. It might help temps to remove all PCIe back slot cover. What it usually does is improve front to back airflow around GPU and thus lower it's temps as well as give cooler air to CPU cooler. I also suggest to try running your case fans a little faster so there is more / faster cool airflow through case.

Soldato
OP
I assume 2x Noctua are front intakes. It might help temps to remove all PCIe back slot cover. What it usually does is improve front to back airflow around GPU and thus lower it's temps as well as give cooler air to CPU cooler. I also suggest to try running your case fans a little faster so there is more / faster cool airflow through case.

Will try that mate.

How do I change the case fan speed though?

Soldato
Will try that mate.

How do I change the case fan speed though?
I generally use motherboard fan headers and motherboard fan control software and setup a CPU/GPU temp to RPM curve that keeps fans quiet unless temps start getting near 70-75c. That way it's only on extremely hot days when running extreme loads or when filters are dirty that fans become louder.

Soldato
OP
I generally use motherboard fan headers and motherboard fan control software and setup a CPU/GPU temp to RPM curve that keeps fans quiet unless temps start getting near 70-75c. That way it's only on extremely hot days when running extreme loads or when filters are dirty that fans become louder.

I have the fans connected to the motherboard header. No hubs for fans or such..

I have a msi gaming pro carbon mobo..so do I need the “command centre” software from msi website to control the fans?

Soldato
I have the fans connected to the motherboard header. No hubs for fans or such..

I have a msi gaming pro carbon mobo..so do I need the “command center” software from msi website to control the fans?
I'm using Command Center on my B150M Mortar. Not sure what MSI has out for your mobo.

Soldato
OP
I'm using Command Center on my B150M Mortar. Not sure what MSI has out for your mobo.

I tried installing Command Center and the ******* thing locked my computer up :mad:

I went into the bios and had a play around with the fan curve on my CPU + SYSTEM FAN. Hopefully will be a little cooler and only a bit louder..

Least I know now how to go about altering the settings via BIOS. Thanks @doyll

Soldato
Yeah, sometimes that happens. I only use Command Center to figure out what fan curve I want, then set it in Bios. With CC it has to re-loaded every time computer is rebooted.

Soldato
OP
to add..

that was the cpu and gpu fna speeds not that aggresive, and even without my headphones and listening to my pc was still fairly unaudible..

so I could go a bit lower, but I think for games these temps are pretty damn good for the noise trade-off atm!

Soldato
Sounds like you got it dialed in. Thanks for letting us know how it worked out. Input like yours helps me learn too.

Soldato
Sounds like you got it dialed in. Thanks for letting us know how it worked out. Input like yours helps me learn too.

Soldato

Back
Top Bottom