• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The AMD Navi Thread **

Soldato
Absolutely no idea what to buy now. Think I'll just have to sit on it for a while and see what happens. Tempted to just get a Vega 56 to tide me over but I hate going backwards. Just have to hope Nvidia come to the rescue! :D:eek:

Soldato
Absolutely no idea what to buy now. Think I'll just have to sit on it for a while and see what happens. Tempted to just get a Vega 56 to tide me over but I hate going backwards. Just have to hope Nvidia come to the rescue! :D:eek:

Same boat. Pray a crypto currency boom doesn't happen. Hopefully the mid range competition will shake things up.

Caporegime
Oh okay so AMD just needs to make a product that's faster than the 2080 ti and sell it. Somebody needs to tweet your advice to Lisa Su so she can save the company.
What does that have to do with anything anyone has posted here?

Most of us are saying "Why is this 2060 perf card £380? And why is this 2070 perf card £450?"

Deflecting, again, because I suspect even the AMD fans are disappointed with reality.

Soldato
80% of the world buy Nvidia products. How can AMD possibly compete in a world that doesn't care whether there's a monopoly or not? I live in hope that there will eventualy be a time when there's a 50% split which will lead to much faster and cheaper products from Nvidia and AMD. Therefore, I'll buy AMD products until that happens because a monopoly is scewing everybody over. That's not me being a fanboi because if AMD ever gets too big, I'll switch straight back to Intel/Nvidia. But obviously that wont happen because most people only think about the here and now as opposed to thinking how good the world would be 6 years down the road if there was a change.

The 2080 Ti would be faster and cheaper if Nvidia only had 50% of the market. Most people would like that to happen but nobody does anything about it.

It wasn't 80% 4 years ago

https://techreport.com/news/28807/july-2015-steam-survey-modest-hardware-rules-the-world

970 was most popular but only 6% had one, Nvidia had a 53% share with AMD users being 27% and the rest on integrated graphics, also interesting back then only 35% were on 1080p

Soldato
80% of the world buy Nvidia products. How can AMD possibly compete in a world that doesn't care whether there's a monopoly or not? I live in hope that there will eventualy be a time when there's a 50% split which will lead to much faster and cheaper products from Nvidia and AMD. Therefore, I'll buy AMD products until that happens because a monopoly is scewing everybody over. That's not me being a fanboi because if AMD ever gets too big, I'll switch straight back to Intel/Nvidia. But obviously that wont happen because most people only think about the here and now as opposed to thinking how good the world would be 6 years down the road if there was a change.

The 2080 Ti would be faster and cheaper if Nvidia only had 50% of the market. Most people would like that to happen but nobody does anything about it.

By offering a compelling or better product like they did with there CPU's. at the Moment people like myself (and a F tone 1080tis where sold) are 99.9% sure are going Nvidia. When the IMC on my 5820k died I went a 2700x as it was a much more compelling product for the price and upgrade path over a 9900K. When I wanted to drop to a single GPU from 980ti sli as mutli gpu was dead, was there a AMD product? no, Do I have any upgrade path to a AMD GPU at the same £650-800 price I paid for a 1080ti ? no. If 6 month ago I need/wanted a upgrade and had £450 quid to spend nvidia was the only option.

The longer AMD ignores the high end the more its going to bite them in the ass. Having a full product stack with a competing halo product is needed. I would agree that aiming for the "mid range" is a smarter move if they are strapped for resrouces with the semi custom product, but leaving the market open to nvidia for 9-12 months to the nvidia is not going to help them.

Let alone leaving the high end to nvidia for 2-3 years alone and then they will have Intel to deal with in the GPU space next year as well.

Back
Top Bottom