Energy Suppliers

Caporegime
We finally got our initial bills from BG, on a temp tariff as it was a brand new build.

Ended up staying with BG as the competition was only going to save me maybe £40 a year, and BG already was set up with working smart meters for leccy and gas, so I was happy to 'spend' £40 to not have to deal with any associated hassles of switching :p

Sui

Sui

Soldato
We finally got our initial bills from BG, on a temp tariff as it was a brand new build.

Ended up staying with BG as the competition was only going to save me maybe £40 a year, and BG already was set up with working smart meters for leccy and gas, so I was happy to 'spend' £40 to not have to deal with any associated hassles of switching :p

That's all well and good, but it's not hassle :p

Soldato
thought these electric boards were illegal in public places eg footpaths, in the UK ? ... lots of tesla publicity, otherwise .
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/mar/09/electric-scooters-uk-road-ban-set-to-end
saw one in cambrdge the other day, speed did no look appropriate for the pavement.

1)They are illegal, but hopefully not for much longer.
2) Agree, they are not. They are fast enough to be and should be ridden in the same way as a bike. E.g. cycle lanes and the road.

There are loads of them flying about in cities like Paris, Los Angeles, San Francisco etc. and the people that actually own them don't case too many issues. It's the abandoned for hire ones that clog up the pavements and a minority of people that do stupid things on them. I saw 3 people on an electric scooter when I was in Paris earlier in the year, weaving about all over the place because it was obviously difficult to balance (and slow due to weight!). I just don't understand how people think that sort of thing is acceptable.

The faster and more powerful e-mopeds should really be treated as a moped. What's interesting is that in Amsterdam mopeds used to be able to use the cycle infrastructure, I thought it was nuts at first but it seemed to work. That said they have banned it now.

I'm 100% behind legalising them but I'd really need to think twice about letting companies like Lime and Bird lose on the streets offering those services. The non-docked bikes are bad enough as it is for being abandoned in stupid places or vandalised.

Last edited:

Sui

Sui

Soldato
Damnit!

Kol must get free energy :D

R.E the below deleted message, I think it relates to everyone referring so might be best for COYS to wait till tomorrow for you as well Kol?

Last edited:

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Really should set up some sort of rota, I can't be the only one feeling a bit butt-hurt about referrals.

Interesting suggestion. Earlier up the page I think someone ended up with two/three in a row (granted, I've had a handful over the past year) so appreciate that view. Might be a challenge to manage, but might be able to set some guidelines/rules - assuming people will *read* the OP.

Damnit!

Kol must get free energy :D

I've had about a month of energy, that is true!

Soldato
I've seen it on other forums where the first post of a dedicated thread has everyones links in. Then when someone uses a link, they comment on the thread saying so, OP then updates the first post with how many uses each link has had. It's not fool proof but might work.

Caporegime
I've seen it on other forums where the first post of a dedicated thread has everyones links in. Then when someone uses a link, they comment on the thread saying so, OP then updates the first post with how many uses each link has had. It's not fool proof but might work.
Maybe a yearly poll?

If you use a code, quote and vote, then others can see which codes need some love

Soldato
A new thread for referrals, everyone trusts their links to the OP (who I guess has to be a mod to run the poll), OP runs a poll with the links, when someone uses the link they vote on the poll for which one they've used.

Back
Top Bottom