• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The AMD Navi Thread **

Soldato
Yeah ASRock were showing off some cooler designs, and Sapphire have already stated their cooler designed cards (including a Toxic) will come around 8 weeks after launch.

I never buy the stock cards, but I'm not waiting until September, bugger that. I think I'll sell the 580 and buy Vega (maybe even used), should be a cheapish upgrade to go with Ryzen 3700X, 3200 RAM and X570. Plenty of power there for 2560 vx 1440 gaming methinks.

Associate
They don’t unless of course they actually hope to sell any. There are already GPUs on the market that offer what these new cards have. Unfortunately the existing cards are more efficient and have features that the AMD cards don’t have such as RTX, power efficiency.

If your offering into a market a card that at best offers parity then why would anyone buy it over the market leader?

It either has to be better or cheaper of which it’s neither.

My comment about competing was meant at the very very top end. Why does AMD have to compete at the absolute top end ? It doesn't. Yet people whine about it.

As for Navi, I get the point about RTX ... then again ... at this stage, RTX still is not really much of a selling advantage yet either (imho).

Caporegime
My comment about competing was meant at the very very top end. Why does AMD have to compete at the absolute top end ? It doesn't. Yet people whine about it.

As for Navi, I get the point about RTX ... then again ... at this stage, RTX still is not really much of a selling advantage yet either (imho).

AMD aren't competing at the top end.
But Navi so far is good mid tier performance at a none mid tier price.

Associate
I think nvidia will drop the 20xx super and rename it the 20xx mediocre in line with AMD’s offerings.

Nothing surprises me fortunately, I may even be in the market for a 2070 today as yesterday I was in The market for a Navi card.

So you were in the market for a 2070 but thought you'd wait to see if NAVI would force Nvidia to drop the price first!

I'll say what you really meant :D

5700XT is faster than 2070 but you still going to buy 2070, says it all.

Last edited:
Permabanned
well its the freaking price. People expected cheap cards ... got same prices as nv
c5738c9fe6e4472bee451f8e6968efee43d27e3e.png

and then there is this

Soldato
AMD aren't competing at the top end.
But Navi so far is good mid tier performance at a none mid tier price.

Depends what Mid Tier pricing is these days. The 2070 release with a price of $599 for the founders and $500 as the actual RRP. The 5700xt is $450 rrp and $500 for 50th edition card. So the 5700xt prices are in line with the new mid tier Nvidia prices while being a small bit faster. It's utter crap as we all know that this ain't mid tier pricing but if they both decide it is then not much we can do bar vote with our wallets.

Permabanned
Depends what Mid Tier pricing is these days. The 2070 release with a price of $599 for the founders and $500 as the actual RRP. The 5700xt is $450 rrp and $500 for 50th edition card. So the 5700xt prices are in line with the new mid tier Nvidia prices while being a small bit faster. It's utter crap as we all know that this ain't mid tier pricing but if they both decide it is then not much we can do bar vote with our wallets.
I pauid 590quid for WATERCOOLED 980ti 5 months after it came out...
for 450 you get cooler that sounds like my 290x battlefield4 limited edition
The cooler on that card for 450 should be some epic thing not this crap one lol

Soldato
What does that have to do with anything anyone has posted here?

Most of us are saying "Why is this 2060 perf card £380? And why is this 2070 perf card £450?"

Deflecting, again, because I suspect even the AMD fans are disappointed with reality.

Well people seem disapointed that AMD aren't giving away huge discounts. I guarantee that AMD wont charge a penny more than Nvidia.

Permabanned
f835b1fe94a09fca98f6aa6f9e7c8c981f2c6043.jpeg

I even checkd not even 4 years ago... with AIO after bios flash it was running at 1450mhz core CONSTANT with no drops if i remember it was on pair with 1070. so would be around 2060 performance.
And thats why I see NAvi at 450 as massive fail

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom