• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

2080TI Recomendations

Permabanned
Cant recommend the Palit 2080ti enough. I had the 1080,1080ti and now the 2080ti versions of it and its the quietest card I have ever owned. Fans never go above 60% and it chews through 4k easy. Its the Samsung memory version so no problems on that end either.

Associate
I use a palit 2080ti oc with bios updated to allow 126% power limit. core overclocked 110, memory 500 and water cooled by a combination of kraken x72 + g12 bracket. Temps in the worst of torture tests barely hit 50c and gaming around the high 40s.

Would recommend staying away from FE editions and sticking with 3x fan versions if going the aircooling route.

Also get a 300A chip version.

Permabanned
Yep because the fans will die i have a low usage 1080 thats out of warranty 2yr Zotac and i would base all my purchases on two things after 20 years of buying from here and that is warranty and creditcard protection.

The warranty should be 4yrs or 5yrs and your creditcard gives security that they abide to the claims and promises. So thats basically Gigabyte and Zotac? Gigaman is a great rep too for me its whatever of those two has best RMA for UK but never buy a 2yr warranty founders edition ever period.

Associate
Yep because the fans will die i have a low usage 1080 thats out of warranty 2yr Zotac and i would base all my purchases on two things after 20 years of buying from here and that is warranty and creditcard protection.

The warranty should be 4yrs or 5yrs and your creditcard gives security that they abide to the claims and promises. So thats basically Gigabyte and Zotac? Gigaman is a great rep too for me its whatever of those two has best RMA for UK but never buy a 2yr warranty founders edition ever period.
Dont forget EVGA's RMA. You can also extend the warranty to 10 years apparently and their warranty is transferable

Associate
Thats great. Have you not heard about the issues with the 20 series cards? Memory chips failing at a crazy rate

Oh, I am aware of the issue. So my question is, do you want that card to be put together by humans or by automated assembly line ?

EVGA might have better RMA, but they need it. If you compare google search "dead evga 2080ti vs dead asus 2080ti"

Permabanned
Good card bad company i personally blacklisted them for selling me the 580 OC model with the wrong bios making the card unstable without overvolting manually. And i have since seen them repeat this and probably offer no compensation. I lost money on my resale due to it or they wanted the card for a 28day rma no thanks.

The lightning is a crazy card but how long is the warranty?

Associate
Good card bad company i personally blacklisted them for selling me the 580 OC model with the wrong bios making the card unstable without overvolting manually. And i have since seen them repeat this and probably offer no compensation. I lost money on my resale due to it or they wanted the card for a 28day rma no thanks.

The lightning is a crazy card but how long is the warranty?
3 years mate

Back
Top Bottom