*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Soldato
I remember when witcher 2 came out. Back then heavy DRM was attached to most games.

What did cdproject do?
"Download the game illegally if you want. No DRM. If you like it buy it. We wont chase after you."

I bought a special edition version. Loved it. Loved 3 as well. Excellent company.

Soldato
I remember when witcher 2 came out. Back then heavy DRM was attached to most games.

What did cdproject do?
"Download the game illegally if you want. No DRM. If you like it buy it. We wont chase after you."

I bought a special edition version. Loved it. Loved 3 as well. Excellent company.

CDPR is amazing and so is TW, but to this day I haven't completed 2. I played through the series from the 1st in anticipation for TW3 and loved the first one, but stopped playing 2 right at the part where you decompress Triss from a figurine. I don't know exactly what it was about TW2 I didn't like but I could not stomach any more of it for another minute, yet 3 has the most hours played for an RPG for me and I got damn near 100% completion in the first.

It's so weird, can't get my head around why.

Soldato
CDPR is amazing and so is TW, but to this day I haven't completed 2. I played through the series from the 1st in anticipation for TW3 and loved the first one, but stopped playing 2 right at the part where you decompress Triss from a figurine. I don't know exactly what it was about TW2 I didn't like but I could not stomach any more of it for another minute, yet 3 has the most hours played for an RPG for me and I got damn near 100% completion in the first.

It's so weird, can't get my head around why.

I never played the first. I honestly cannot remember that Triss moment. Just loved the forest and detail and choices.

Soldato
Capture.jpg

Soldato
I never played the first. I honestly cannot remember that Triss moment. Just loved the forest and detail and choices.
You should! It's aged incredibly well too, has quite a bit more depth than the later 2 games, no offense to them. It isn't the kind of contrast Morrowind has over Skyrim for example, but you'll notice more depth in combat and conversations. Combat is a little worse though, at least worse than 3.

Soldato
Bugger.. I will be getting a new card for this game and I know it's next year of course but I was thinking Navi (I have a Freesync screen). However, this would look amazing with RT. It looks NV exclusive...?

You have to question how well it would run on a game like this. I mean this game looks fantastic graphics wise already.

I have a 1080Ti, and depending what comes out around that time I might upgrade. I am still unsure how adopted Ray Tracing will be by then.

Last edited:
Soldato
That's nice and I truly hope they do live up to it, I am excited for the game myself too. I just still see no point in parting with my money now, when I could keep it, pay the same amount (or maybe less) in 9 months and get the exact same thing.
...they literally explained it there. The possibility to preorder is simply for people who wish to support the studio further. Why do people kickstart things? Why do people buy Collector's Editions? Why do people preorder? Because they want to support the studios and their projects.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom