Neighbour Complaint About Gas Flue

Soldato
You put up with minor things to be civil.

Surely it's better to try and resolve minor things to be civil?

Just because your neighbours suck even more doesn't negate the issue at hand here, one that can be easily fixed.

I think it's a perfectly reasonable request. Plenty of people like to sit in the garden even in the autumn and spring to get fresh air, especially when the temperature is just on the edge and heating doesn't have to be on permanently, so the boiler will be turning off and on continually maintain a certain temperature indoors.

Seems like an easy fix with a 90g adapter to the cost of the homeowner/fitter. I wouldn't request money from the neighbour to fix a poorly thought out install. A bit of situational awareness and consderation from the installer who fits these day in and day out could have avoided the situation all together.

Soldato
The fact that an issue has arised when it could have been easily avoided with a little foresight at the point of fitting indicates it is.

On the fitter's part, not yours.

Soldato
OP
Again, I would disagree. That outlet is maybe 8 or 9 feet up and maybe 60-90cm to the fence. Personally I don't think it's right to expect that would be an issue for most people. (Judging by some reactions in this thread, I think there are many others of the same opinion.)

Caporegime
Again, I would disagree. That outlet is maybe 8 or 9 feet up and maybe 60-90cm to the fence. Personally I don't think it's right to expect that would be an issue for most people. (Judging by some reactions in this thread, I think there are many others of the same opinion.)

That is fine IMO. if it was 6 foot then I would see the issue. Most of the crap will be dispersed by the time it gets to face level if any does at all. It should rise I would have thought. The noise is the only thing I can think of must be the nuisance.

Soldato
OP
Its not that loud standing right next to the boiler.

Anyway, it's not about if I think it's acceptable and it looks like we're getting a fix that they will hopefully be happy with. As someone suggested, I'll ask if he can divert it down the path too.

Thanks for all the tips and opinions :)

Caporegime
Easily clear that fence on fire up, will smell of gas also, Wont last long.

It could have always been an "issue" for them but never bothered to mention it until they saw work getting done to it and thought they would pipe up...

Good one, flue over a lot of heads that one, not mine though ;) :p

My brother called the guy that installed it all today, he's coming back on Saturday to install the kit which raises it by 40cm. They are doing free as it is a 'nuisance'... :) I've text the neighbours to let them know. Hopefully this will please them! If not, there's probably not a lot more that can be done.

******* hell!, could you not have just gone and knocked on the ******* door! :eek:

:D

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
******* hell!, could you not have just gone and knocked on the ******* door! :eek:

:D

I could. Like when they came and dropped the note through the door, I was home and it would have been handy to be able to actually discuss what the issue was. Me letting them know what was happening was one way communication, so why go round and disturb them when I could just drop them a text? To me that's the polite thing to do.

Soldato
OP
Finally the installer has come back and fitted the extension. I'm a little annoyed he didn't point it down the path, but still, surely if they complain about this now, they're just being unreasonable now?

A8ZbfD3h.jpg

Soldato
Its not that loud standing right next to the boiler.

Anyway, it's not about if I think it's acceptable and it looks like we're getting a fix that they will hopefully be happy with. As someone suggested, I'll ask if he can divert it down the path too.

Thanks for all the tips and opinions :)

The distance between the property's isn't your problem, they knew how close these were when they bought the house.

Back
Top Bottom