Votes: 104 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Associate
No doubt these new games will be huge

Will we see the return of 2 disc games or one disc and download the rest ? Which is not ideal for those on limited broadband .

Games coming on secure usb sticks ?

Storage will have to be huge ive got a 4tb hard drive full even now some games are coming in at 130 gig

Soldato
Taking into consideration backward compatibility (for older games they may have missed), Game Pass and EA Access, sure, I do think that they might be swayed in their choice. Ultimately, you'll always get those that are loyal to a brand, and they will never switch, but I do think that on merit the Xbox has a lot more going for it than just the usual "exclusives" line that's dragged about, and these are things that most people don't necessarily know about and wouldn't even think to ask as a first-time buyer.
Im not convinced by this at all

If anything back compatability is more for those already invested in x box (or PS) and to encourage them to buy the new console

Im not sure many new gamers would spend the ~£500 to play older games (as a minor factor maybe, but not anything significant). Maybe if someone hasn't got God of War or Red Dead II , or releases that are yet to come out but are available before PS5 / Scarlett launch, then fair enough but imo these aren't true back -compat titles which are from Ps3 or further back (completely different chipsets etc etc rather than similar x86 base between Ps4 /PS5 and XB1 /Scarlett).

Its the older gamers who saw / played those games originally that will be interested in this on both brands imo

Associate
No doubt these new games will be huge

Will we see the return of 2 disc games or one disc and download the rest ? Which is not ideal for those on limited broadband .

Games coming on secure usb sticks ?

Storage will have to be huge ive got a 4tb hard drive full even now some games are coming in at 130 gig

I would guess physical's are going to be an install disc and then a run/drm disc... think RDR2 this gen.

Else, everyone's internet connection is going to need to get a hell of a lot faster if you don't want to have things left on overnight to download. RIP to those stuck on ADSL or poor FTTC with no Virgin Media around.

Shawrey

Soldato
I cant see it being more than 2tb internal from the sheer cost of SSD's currently even with MS / Sony's discount for massive bulk buying.

Even then it sounds like a good % will be reserved for OS / Virtual ram (I suppose they could always do virtual ram as an expandable option, but this might cause issues in the long run).

Caporegime
OP
I hope the next gen Xbox doesn't have a similar laggy as **** UI like we have now. Smooth please.

It's going to be using Windows Core OS (according to Windows Central) which is a brand new version of Windows coded for modularity and without any legacy guff bogging it down. I'm quite excited to see whether it lives up to expectations.

Soldato
I'm looking forward to seeing what Microsoft can do with a clean slate and a few years of preparation. The Xbox One was a mess of failed ideas followed by several years of restructuring that caused a drought in exclusive games. But Nadella and his team will have had 6 years to fix the business by the time Project Scarlet launches. So there really aren't any excuses now.

Soldato
Why do they need to do better? Halo to Xbox original fans is one of the best titles ever to be released on console. Following it up with a new game for a new console launch is absolutely amazing to those of us that support Xbox and love Halo.
But the original Halo was just that, original, and It's been done-to-death now with all the sequels. I was a huge Halo/Xbox fan but the lack of new and original exclusives has pushed me and many others away.

So yes they do need to do better, give us something new like Sony have consistently done because until they do they won't be seeing my cash.

Soldato
I'm sure that recently someone actually went through their recent exclusives, and most of them are obscure JRPGs that most people aren't interested in playing. When was the last true AAA exclusive for either studio that's been absolutely amazing and exceeded expectations? I don't think that there have been many recently. Forza Horizon 4 for the Xbox? Spider-Man on the PS4, but that was quite marmite for many. Days Gone, again, not the greatest of reviews for that one. I don't follow PS4 games though, so I can't really say. For me, the other parts outweigh the exclusives as I also have a PC, as well as backwards compatibility on my older 360 games, and now Game Pass too.

Off the top of my noggin, you can add God Of War and Detroit : Become Human to the list. Both cracking games.

Soldato
Off the top of my noggin, you can add God Of War and Detroit : Become Human to the list. Both cracking games.

Both of which aren’t original in any way.

God of war is old hat just like someone might claim Gears or Halo is.

Detroit is pretty much the same game that Heavy Rain / Fahrenheit were, so again nothing new.

I’m waiting for someone to actually name some original western PlayStation exclusives (that are good).

Soldato
I don't follow PS4 games though, so I can't really say.

And yet, you did anyway.

Any chance they do a Scarlett all digital version alongside the regular version?

I'd imagine it will depend to some degree on how well the ADE One S sells. If there's an appetite for it they may well do it, which could give MS a slight benefit in terms of launch pricing by being able to offer a small discount for foregoing an optical drive (although it's more likely they'd just bundle in a Games Pass subscription or something instead).

Soldato

Detroit is pretty much the same game that Heavy Rain / Fahrenheit were, so again nothing new.

I’m waiting for someone to actually name some original western PlayStation exclusives (that are good).

Horizon: Zero Dawn is probably the pick of the PS4's releases TBH, unless you're in to Souls-like games or JRPGs.

I do agree to an extent. The PS4 only looks amazing because the Xbox One was pretty bad. And Microsoft's problems were because they made the bad decision to play for the "casual gaming" Wii market. They wound up cancelling loads of titles, shuttering loads of studios, and pretty much had to start again mid-gen. Then they had problems with other experimental projects; the Quantum Break TV tie-in, the Crackdown cloud stuff, Hololens. Compared to the PS3 or 360, the PS4 has merely been okay. I've only bought a few exclusives; Horizon, Spider Man, Infamous, God of War. I've still got to buy Detroit, and make time to play through Uncharted from the start. But I can't say there's much more that has caught my eye.

I do look forward to seeing what the next Xbox brings. Hopefully the last few years of restructuring at Xbox Game Studios pays off, and Sony have to put a bit more effort in (i.e. fewer remasters, a larger number of new franchises).

Soldato

The only exceptional exclusives I would say are the Naughty Dog games, Uncharted and TLOU, oh and Horizon Zero Dawn on PS4 all the others I could take them or leave them. I'm actually not that bothered about exclusives as as I once was due to many being hyped up and turning into a huge disappointment.

Back
Top Bottom