• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The AMD Navi Thread **

Soldato
I'm going to assume you've never used a reference 290X or Vega 64.

I have. Vega 64 wasn't that bad tbh if undervolt it. hell even made a big analysis post with performance tests using the blower as various speed, and settings including noise.

What you and everyone else missed here, is that the 5700XT with the blower, is faster than the "superior 2-fan" RTX2070 FE.
We shall find out what the custom cards from Sapphire, Asrock and Powercolour will be. Asrock especially showcased many 3 fan designs.

Similarly to the Vega 64 Nitro, which even on air, beats all other Vega cards by a good margin. And also factory overclocked GTX1080s like the FTW.

Soldato
I have. Vega 64 wasn't that bad tbh if undervolt it. hell even made a big analysis post with performance tests using the blower as various speed, and settings including noise.

What you and everyone else missed here, is that the 5700XT with the blower, is faster than the "superior 2-fan" RTX2070 FE.
We shall find out what the custom cards from Sapphire, Asrock and Powercolour will be. Asrock especially showcased many 3 fan designs.

Similarly to the Vega 64 Nitro, which even on air, beats all other Vega cards by a good margin. And also factory overclocked GTX1080s like the FTW.

Yea if there is any bright side to this. The 5700xt on the usually terrible is faster than the 2070fe which is an OC version itself. So the third party 5700xt's with good cooling should be pretty fast. The pricing is just to high imo and as i own a Red Devil 64 these have no appeal to me at all. Nvidia offer me nothing as well to be fair so am hoping next year in most likely the £500 that some suits my needs.

Soldato
eeemm you missed my Blower post ?? just for You again

to this day it was loudest thing i ever purchased and was not broken.

Having used both a R9 290 and using a VEGA 64 blower fan I can 100% say the VEGA is better in noise and temperatures. R9 290 Ref GPUs was very hot 90c = much louder fans its not even a fair comparison.

Permabanned
So 1 crappy blower and every single blower ever and yet to come is automatically dismissed? A bit extreme, don't you think?
not at the asking price its not. xxxxxxx blower coolers !!! especially on the limited 500 quid edition.. Still same junk cooler !!! This suppose to be premoun special 50th aniversary editin ??
Should come with AIO or waterblock !!!

HeX

HeX

Soldato
So 1 crappy blower and every single blower ever and yet to come is automatically dismissed? A bit extreme, don't you think?

3870 blower... Awful

3870X2 blower... Awful

4850 blower... Awful

5770 blower... Awful

6870 blower... Awful

Swore never to buy another blower card after that so can't comment on any newer ones...

Soldato
We might get a pleasant surprise and the navi stock cooler might run quiet with below 90c temps with just occasional thermal throttling.

Considering VEGA doesn't get above 80c on balanced profile Navi has got no chance of hitting anywhere close to 90c.

I agree with your first part Navi 7nm 225w I think will be ok on the blower.

Edit
Its also worth noting AMD has added much better fan control into Radeon Settings. I use the new fan curve and it really does help a lot.

Last edited:
Soldato
We might get a pleasant surprise and the navi stock cooler might run quiet with below 90c temps with just occasional thermal throttling.

Tech Jesus had a good comment for this

Notice how the game clock, which is the average gaming clock speed is MUCH lower than the max boost clock?
It implies the Navi 5700 xt hits it's boost clock and then will significantly throttle down, the clock speed drop is higher than I've seen on any Nvidia Turing cards

Tech Jesus is right, the card most likely throttles due to the terrible cooler.

Buy aftermarket or put a water block on it

Permabanned
This card is a direct Polaris replacement. Should have been marketed with slides about how much the performance improvement over RX 590 is, and put the price tag accordingly.
Why they ignore that the RTX 2070 is different technology and they have no answer for it at the hardware level... is bizzare.

Back
Top Bottom