Nice pongs and gorgeous whiffs. The Aftershave thread!

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Got my decant of Aventus Cologne today. Not overly impressed on first opinion. Needs a full wearing.

Soldato
First bottle of TF. This is an awesome aquatic fragrance !

EyhdDytl.jpg

How does it compare to the regular Costa Azzurra? I got a sample of that and Neroli Portofino off my friend and didn't really enjoy it - doesn't seem to work with my skin and gives off sweaty vibes.

In other news got a sample of Dior Ambre Nuit off their Prive line on the way and picked up a sample of MFK BR540 for my friend as she really liked All Saints Sunset Riot (which is a clone) but the performance sucks.

Soldato
How does it compare to the regular Costa Azzurra? I got a sample of that and Neroli Portofino off my friend and didn't really enjoy it - doesn't seem to work with my skin and gives off sweaty vibes.

In other news got a sample of Dior Ambre Nuit off their Prive line on the way and picked up a sample of MFK BR540 for my friend as she really liked All Saints Sunset Riot (which is a clone) but the performance sucks.

The Acqua version doesn’t give off any sweaty vibes. It’s super fresh. The only problem with being really fresh, is that it doesn’t last at all that long unfortunately. Which is a shame, cause it’s a really good release !

I haven’t personally smelt the original, but going by your experience, I’ll probably give that a miss :p sweaty vibes means there’s too much sea salt going on I think !

Can’t get enough of aqua scents at the moment.

Looking at maybe picking up some Azzaro Chrome Aqua, or the original Bvlgari Aqva

Last edited:
Soldato
Bvlgari Aqva was one of my favourite scents for a long time, it was my daily.....come to think of it I dont know why I stopped using it, I think I just got too used to the scent. I changed to Man in Black as my daily with Creed Aventus/Virgin Island Water as a change up.

Associate
Bvlgari Aqva was one of my favourite scents for a long time, it was my daily.....come to think of it I dont know why I stopped using it, I think I just got too used to the scent. I changed to Man in Black as my daily with Creed Aventus/Virgin Island Water as a change up.

Man in Black is a great frag - had some samples of it and rated it highly. Don't know why I didn't pick a bottle up of it.

Currently, on Bleu de Chanel. Classic but safe fragrance, especially for the office.

Shawrey

Soldato
The Acqua version doesn’t give off any sweaty vibes. It’s super fresh. The only problem with being really fresh, is that it doesn’t last at all that long unfortunately. Which is a shame, cause it’s a really good release !

I haven’t personally smelt the original, but going by your experience, I’ll probably give that a miss :p sweaty vibes means there’s too much sea salt going on I think !

Can’t get enough of aqua scents at the moment.

Looking at maybe picking up some Azzaro Chrome Aqua, or the original Bvlgari Aqva

Cool. I'm on the lookout for more summer friendly scents (still waiting for the heatwave...) at the mo so I'll check it out - trying to get familiar with as many scents as I can get my nose on now because it's both fun and also helps me build up an idea of what I like/don't like so the odd blind-buy gets easier.

Soldato
Cool. I'm on the lookout for more summer friendly scents (still waiting for the heatwave...) at the mo so I'll check it out - trying to get familiar with as many scents as I can get my nose on now because it's both fun and also helps me build up an idea of what I like/don't like so the odd blind-buy gets easier.
Versace Dylan Blue is my go to aqua at the moment. Seriously good fragrance, and is very cheap. :) if you haven’t tried it, it’s worth a smell !

Soldato

Versace man eau fraiche is one the best summer smells I've had.

Soldato
Just wore the sample today and <3 <3 <3 Neroli Portofino. What a beaut of a summer scent. So far this and Bois D'Argent are the best two freshies/day frags from TF I've tried, with the latter being a bit greener and the former as blue as the bottle.

Not paying retail though lol, off to find a 1:1 clone.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I've said in this thread about Neroli Portofino before, its lovely. But not worth the price tag. Try either the PP clone or Ferrari Bright Neroli. I actually prefer the latter at the moment. :)

Its £16 for 100ml on Notino at the moment.

Soldato
I've said in this thread about Neroli Portofino before, its lovely. But not worth the price tag. Try either the PP clone or Ferrari Bright Neroli. I actually prefer the latter at the moment. :)

Its £16 for 100ml on Notino at the moment.

I can get a staff discount as my friend's wife works on a TF counter... but even then it'll still cost a fair penny. PP is out of stock. How similar is the Ferrari?

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I can get a staff discount as my friend's wife works on a TF counter... but even then it'll still cost a fair penny. PP is out of stock. How similar is the Ferrari?

Its pretty close but not exactly the same, see if you can grab a sample of it. :)

Soldato
Bought some Lalique Encre Noir, and it really does absolutely nothing for me. Gave it to my dad.

So that means I am in need of another fragrance to fill the spot on the shelf!

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Picked these two up from Notino a week or two ago. Cedrat Boise was down to £52, an absolute steal for 120ml of this juice. Figured I'd pick up the Ferrari too as it was just over £15 and is a great work scent in the summer. :)

n2hpMgw.jpg

Back
Top Bottom