Best Controller for PC

FTM

FTM

Soldato
sadly the internet seems flooded with bogus 'official' wired 360 pads

my old one broke, bought a cheap 'official' one from ebay and theres no way its a genuine pad, the sticks have no fine control, trying to pick a master lock on fallout 4 was nigh on impossible as you just couldnt make the tiny adjustments I could do with my old pad, plus it has 1 really sharp seam where it doesnt quite fit togther perfectly

I may just bite the bullet and buy an xbox one pad from a proper shop

Caporegime
I'm still using Xbox 360 controllers, hands down the best controllers ever made. Everything in the right place, comfortable and functional.

Nay lad. The D-pad is a load of tripe. I urge anyone on a 360 pad to try out an Xbone controller. It's better in every way, especially the second revision models that you get today with the improved bumper buttons.

Soldato
So what does one need to get the Xbox one S wireless controller to work on the PC ? A Bluetooth dongle or the wireless adapter for windows 10. What is better and why ?

On the new controllers, you only need Bluetooth.

The dongle was for the old ones, which used a proprietary wireless connection.

Soldato
Nay lad. The D-pad is a load of tripe. I urge anyone on a 360 pad to try out an Xbone controller. It's better in every way, especially the second revision models that you get today with the improved bumper buttons.
D-pad has always been the weakness on the otherwise excellent 360 controller. Was pleased that the Xbone controllers sorted that aspect. They're not cheap, though.

Soldato
Razer wolverine tournament is best pad I have used. I play a lot on pad.

Pick them up for around £80 -£100

Massive upgrade over standard pads, sticks are much more accurate, and having extra buttons on back and top means no more having to use xyab. The focus programmable button that drops sensitivity is great.

The build quality is great on these.

Associate
£149 is a heavy price isn't? I looked at it, thought, nice looking controller, how much !!! lol
Yeh, I have a friend who has the first version of the elite, and it was lovely to use. Far better than I expected. So that's only reason this is tempting to me. But that price tag is too much. Maybe if there is a sale... One day ..

Back
Top Bottom