**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S10 Family Thread ****

Soldato
Why is it even a problem though, do your calls have connection problems?

Yeah. I keep getting dropped calls. It seems to be because the phone wants to jump between VoLTE and VoWiFi whilst on a call and won't settle on one. This was never a problem with my OP6, which seemed to be quite happy just to stick to VoWiFi in my house.

Because I know the mobile signal is poor where I am, I want to force the phone to use VoWiFi since that should be faster and more reliable.

Soldato
You can change the wifi calling priority by creating an activity shortcut pointing to settings 》wifi calling. Nova launcher supports this as do many other launchers and apps :)

cvboJpDl.jpg

Fantastic. I managed to get to that menu! Turns out I was looking for settings activities in the WiFi calling app, not WiFi calling activities in the settings app :) If it sorts out my calls dropping, I'm very grateful! :)

EDIT: Doesn't seem to save my selection and switches back to 'Mobile prefered' every time I go back to the homescreen :mad: It seems like the preference is set to automatically override this option. How annoying :(

Last edited:
Soldato
Guess I'm a Samsung fanboy after all, after returning P30 Pro and now Xperia 1, I have S10e on the way to me next week.

Is there still no working gcam for Exynos variants?

Soldato
No idea, haven't tried the phone yet :D

It was actually very reliable on my old S7 Edge, do like the somewhat darker tone of the Pixel phones. Just be nice to have it alongside the stock app of there's good working versions, but can only see me for Snapdragon one on XDA.

Caporegime
Aye, i noticed when i started looking into it. Shame really as the three deal is really good, and the more i think about it the smaller form factor was growing on me!

The S10E is quite an attractive phone. At that price I could forgive the Exynos but it does suck we can't get the better chipset without importing.

Associate
The S10E is quite an attractive phone. At that price I could forgive the Exynos but it does suck we can't get the better chipset without importing.

That was my thinking, i didn't know i wanted a smaller phone until i looked at it in closer detail. It'll be an upgrade from my OP3 regardless, but not sure if i'll choose the Exynos over the OP7

Associate
I'd imagine real world usage wouldn't be any different.

Is the SD variant actually any better? I thought the only noticeable difference in them was the efficiency?

From the benchmarks the difference is quite large if anandtech is to be believed, but as you say in everyday usage it's unlikely i'd notice it a lot. People did report camera differences between the models too, but others state that this was improved with software updates. Who knows if that's actually the case though!

Back
Top Bottom