Male and Female He Created Them: Towards a Path of Dialogue on the Question of Gender in Education

Soldato
BBC article

Am I being a cave man?

Your being a caveman and a scared little traditionalist.

Next you'll be voting tory and shouting 'but it's the way we've always been' ;)

Change....if you'll excuse the pun is sadly always slow, there was a time black people, gay people etc were seen as different and had scared little traditionalists chanting similar nonsense like you are, using religious institutions as their source.

Grow up and live and let live....let people be who they want to be, not affecting you is it.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
Grow up and live and let live....let people be who they want to be, not affecting you is it.
If it's going to influence my kids in school then it does.

If you actually read what I've posted you'll see I have no issue with the individual but with the extremists pushing a biased viewpoint onto our institutions which will impact my children.

Soldato
Your being a caveman and a scared little traditionalist.

Next you'll be voting tory and shouting 'but it's the way we've always been' ;)

Change....if you'll excuse the pun is sadly always slow, there was a time black people, gay people etc were seen as different and had scared little traditionalists chanting similar nonsense like you are, using religious institutions as their source.

Being black or gay are not even remotely the same as making up a non existent gender. At the moment of conception your DNA is already defined, your gender is set in stone as either XX or XY. You can't change that (yet) it doesn't matter what you do later on in life, regardless if you "transition" your genetics, your biology is still either Male or Female regardless of how you appear on the outside.

After all a Mazda mk5 with a Ferrari shell, is still a Mazda. It's not magically a Ferrari is it.

Soldato
This.

I truly hate all this gender politics BS.

There are 4 options here.

You are a Man/Male
You are a Woman/Female
You are intersex and were born with both male and female reproductive organs (ie Caster Semenya)
You are mentally ill and have a delusion that you are something other than what you were born as.
this.

Soldato
If it's going to influence my kids in school then it does.

If you actually read what I've posted you'll see I have no issue with the individual but with the extremists pushing a biased viewpoint onto our institutions which will impact my children.

Who's the extremist pushing their biased view point here? You or the school teaching kids about everything in life?

I see it as no different as parents not wanting their kids to be taught about homosexuality, Islam etc - denying them knowledge about the world is pushing views on them, its mental, if a kid is gay or trans, educating them on other people being that or not - will make no difference to them, they are what they are.

If your kid turns out to be gay or trans, would you rather they were made aware of this being a thing in the world (and thus it might be easier for them to understand/accept), or will you just push your own 'being uncomfortable' on to them ?

This is how stupidity is passed on from generation to generation, your grand parents taught your parents something, that's been pushed on to you now, your now wanting to push that OPINION on to your kids.

Knowledge is power man - educate your children, don't force information away from them, its as bonkers as people not wanting their kids taught about all religions in the world.

Obviously teach kids information at a suitable age for them to understand etc, don't just tell a 4 year old literally everything in the universe at once!

Soldato
A couple weeks ago, the catholic primary school my missus works at had a transphobic leaflet handed out to the kids included with the latest monthly magazine from the archdiocese. They only spotted it after it had gone out but complained and said the message was unacceptable.

Echo news story

Went to a catholic school, pretty much just RE lessons and the weekly assembly with some prayers or whatever.

Plenty of religious based things to be taught, yet they taught nothing interesting whatsoever. So many pantheons of gods throughout history, epic stories, real meaning behind them.

At her school, the religious message is very much about inclusion and learning about other cultures. When the classes can have as many as 15 different languages/nationalities out of 30 children, it's as much about teaching the kids about one another as anything else.

Soldato
All this stuff about people being Transphobic and needing to educate children, yet I'm 32 years old and can count the amount of Transexuals I've seen on one hand. This is with me working in an office with hundreds of people and walking around Leeds city center most days. It's not even something worth thinking about for 99% of people, there's really no massive need to educate children on specifically Transexual issues. Now obviously there's quite a significant minority of people who are gay and that's a separate thing in my eyes that doesn't need conflating with Transexuals.

Soldato
I really don't care if someone identifies as male/female/man/woman.

Language evolved to describe reality. Reality should not be defined by language.

The labels we have are clearly insufficient when it comes to describing someones gender identity. Some things are not simply binary.

I tend to fancy brunettes more than blondes - am I brunettesexual?

I don't like wearing suits - where's my label - am I trans-suitist?

Just be the best person you can be, wear what you want, love who you want.

Oh, and drop the labels.

Soldato
I've been reading lots about the transgender issue. A few years ago I realised I had an intersex friend who identified as female.

When we look at the statistics that say in the EU only 1.5 million (0.3%) are transgender, or in the US there are 1.4 million (0.6%) identify as transgender, we can see these figures are very low, exceptions to the general rule.

I think a lot of the issue is more about peoples perception of transgender people and the validation they want to feel. They don't want to feel that they are 'disabled' or abnormal in some way. So in my opinion they, along with their supporters, have built up this explanation that goes against all logic we've known since science began, that there are only 2 sexes/genders.

I personally believe that the transgender lobby (not transgender people themselves) are purposely pushing the theory in order to destablize society, especailly with this 'transgender women are real women' attitude. They arent the same. Reality tells us that. But if they were sincere they would push for a third gender designation, maybe X on passports/identification documents. But instead this lobby is trying to specifically undermine the female sex and gender. The moment women fight back they are called terfs. If a lesbian woman doesn't want to have sex with a transgender person pre-op its said shes discriminating against the transgender person because they have a penis.

Back
Top Bottom