choose hardisk 6 - 8tb

Stu

Stu

Soldato
This thread is a little crazy... anyway, OP should at least work out which drives are 5400rpm and rule them out (WD Red, WD Blue). Regarding WD drives, they advertise Black as their performance desktop drive, so that is probably the one to go for.

Honestly, and you're going to think im nuts, just google this and you'll see what I mean "8tb external hard drive"

I got an 8tb Seagate external hard drive for half the price of those that I just opened up, removed the drive which was just a standard 8tb SATA hard drive in a caddy and stuck it in my PC as an internal hard drive, make sure if you choose this route to keep the box and caddy for warranty purposes.

Check some reviews to compare the Barracuda Pro, but I believe the non-pro drives are all shingled now??? If so, I would stay away. The ones in external caddies are almost certain to be shingled.

I don't know about the Enterprise grade data centre drives, but I would expect them to have firmwares that are better suited for a server than a desktop.

Short version... just compare Barracuda Pro and WD Black... probably not much real life performance difference between them!

Permabanned
OP
This thread is a little crazy... anyway, OP should at least work out which drives are 5400rpm and rule them out (WD Red, WD Blue). Regarding WD drives, they advertise Black as their performance desktop drive, so that is probably the one to go for.

Check some reviews to compare the Barracuda Pro, but I believe the non-pro drives are all shingled now??? If so, I would stay away. The ones in external caddies are almost certain to be shingled.

I don't know about the Enterprise grade data centre drives, but I would expect them to have firmwares that are better suited for a server than a desktop.

Short version... just compare Barracuda Pro and WD Black... probably not much real life performance difference between them!

but i dont understand why some people say that baracuda pro 8TB is faster in performance and everything from western black 6TB

Stu

Stu

Soldato
but i dont understand why some people say that baracuda pro 8TB is faster in performance and everything from western black 6TB

Read some reviews... I looked at a couple after my last post, and the general feeling I got was that the Barracuda Pro is actually faster than the WD Black, however, reviews rarely had new models of both, and rarely the same capacity drives for apples-to-apples comparison. That said, I don't think you will feel a real life difference in performance between these two, so look at price and warranty rather than performance when comparing which of these two to buy.

Permabanned
OP
Read some reviews... I looked at a couple after my last post, and the general feeling I got was that the Barracuda Pro is actually faster than the WD Black, however, reviews rarely had new models of both, and rarely the same capacity drives for apples-to-apples comparison. That said, I don't think you will feel a real life difference in performance between these two, so look at price and warranty rather than performance when comparing which of these two to buy.

why you believe that Barracuda Pro is actually faster than the WD Black,? can you tell me the reasons please?

Back
Top Bottom