• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Something super is coming...

Soldato
My understanding of the article is that the SUPER version come in at the same cost of the current cards but all are +1 in level of GPU.

2060 SUPER (2070 perf) Vanilla 2060 cost
2070 SUPER (2080 perf) Vanilla 2070 cost
2080 SUPER (2080ti perf) Vanilla 2080 cost
2080ti SUPER bend over edition New mortgage time.

Prices will be jacked at launch as always. Expect even worse pricing then when RTX launched and you won't be dissapointed.

We have no hope in the near future for decent pricing, AMD's new mid range is expensive and on the horizen Intel's GPUs will no doubt be even higher priced. Intel famously over price their products.

Might be a good idea to stick to used market for couple more years. Hopefully gen 2 or 3 of 7nm will result in better prices in 2 - 3 years time xD

CPU side is looking great however, proper shakeup happening. Can't wait for R7 3700X or maybe even the 12 core. GPU side is so bad right now...

Man of Honour
If these Super versions do turn up I think people will struggle to see the performance increase over the older versions unless they are running FRAPs.

It will be a bit like comparing a 2080 Ti to a RTX Titan, visually it is very hard to notice any difference.

Soldato
If these Super versions do turn up I think people will struggle to see the performance increase over the older versions unless they are running FRAPs.

It will be a bit like comparing a 2080 Ti to a RTX Titan, visually it is very hard to notice any difference.
These cards are obviously for people who don't even have current gen cards.

I'm not even gonna waste my time with current gen or the new ones. Happy to wait for the next series which should have much better ray tracing perf as well as a bigger boost to overall performance than from previous gen.

Associate
I am sure it will create am itch for some though.

I am also gonna wait this one out and sit on 1080ti. Buying this late in the cycle does not make sense if you are going to invest in 3000 series.

Soldato
I am sure it will create am itch for some though.

I am also gonna wait this one out and sit on 1080ti. Buying this late in the cycle does not make sense if you are going to invest in 3000 series.
I agree, it's still too expensive and the ray tracing performance is far from good enough so am happy sticking with my GTX 1080 at 1440P for now. I had a faulty 2080 TI which I refunded and I'm waiting for the new 7nm 3000 series or whatever AMD or Intel can cook up.

Soldato

I'm not even gonna waste my time with current gen or the new ones. Happy to wait for the next series which should have much better ray tracing perf as well as a bigger boost to overall performance than from previous gen.

Yeah man but the hardcore Ti guys will 'have' to get the highest card. There regular 2080 Ti will look much less shiny than a 2080 Ti Super.

I know from experience this used to be me xD

Nvidia priced me out this time around, simply cannot justify the Ti prices. I'll stick with the used market until prices hopefully come back down to earth in a few years. Maybe 2nd or 3rd gen 7nm will be well priced...

Caporegime

Of course, but Nvidia aren't trying to get a 2080 owner to update to a 2080 super, even a 2080ti super (duper). They want people on pascal or older, Polaris or vega, people considering Navi to have a no brainier GPU option

Caporegime
I have a hard time believing 2080 super will actually reach 2080 ti performance for the money, but who knows.

It wont but doesn;t need. If say it is halfway between 2080 and 2080ti, slightly clsoer to 2080ti, but at the same price as current 2080 it will be a decent change in price-performance for 4k gamers.

Caporegime
I also wonder if there will be an increase in RTX cores for these. E.g., the 2080 SUPER could be based on the 2080ti, with slightly fewer CUDA cores and TMU,s but retain the same RTX core count. this is straightforward and would help with the RTX PR

Soldato
Apparently videocardz independently confirmed these are coming as well. Hmm.

Might have to pony up for a 2080 Super then, so long as it really is priced like 2080 now.

Welp, time to sell my Vega & PS4!

Permabanned
It wont but doesn;t need. If say it is halfway between 2080 and 2080ti, slightly clsoer to 2080ti, but at the same price as current 2080 it will be a decent change in price-performance for 4k gamers.

But still a bad upgrade for 1080 users who were giving Nvidia loads of grief. It takes a 2080ti just to make the upgrade 50% 25% is what a 1080 to 2080 means in 4K gaming.

There is NO WAY IN HELL Nvidia have said fair enough you guys were right we will return to the old way of giving them 50%. What Super means is either Supercharged for these RT games or maybe 15% on the current stock. Maybe this is a move to address failure rates also why refresh the line now? They are still going to be waiting for my money unless i get 2080ti performance at £600 i am not upgrading period. How can that be a good thing?

Soldato
I also wonder if there will be an increase in RTX cores for these. E.g., the 2080 SUPER could be based on the 2080ti, with slightly fewer CUDA cores and TMU,s but retain the same RTX core count. this is straightforward and would help with the RTX PR

Yeah, this seems likely, and the full Super TI same Cuda count as Titan maybe?

The prices are gonna suck for sure. Might be some 'bargains' on the existing RTX cards though.

Not actual bargains, just slightly lower prices on older cards..

Back
Top Bottom