PC Game Pass (was Xbox Game Pass for PC)

Soldato
Possibly a daft question, because I'm not sure I fully understand this, but....If I get the "ultimate game pass" for £1, does that mean I can get Metro Exodus (for example) and play it for a month at no additional charge?

You can play every game on the list, as much as you want, until your subscription ends. But bear in mind that the list of games is refreshed every month, with a few old games dropping off the service, and a few new ones being added.

You may be able to get 2 (maybe 3) months for £2. Game Pass for PC is £1 for 1 month via the following link:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/xbox-game-pass-pc-games/cfq7ttc0kgq8?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

After you sign up, turn off recurring billing. Then sign up to Ultimate for £1 here:

https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-game-pass?&OCID=AID736707_SEM_

Your existing month of Game Pass for PC should be converted to Ultimate, and an extra month will be added. You may also be offered a bonus month for turning recurring billing back on to give 3 months for £2.

It may be possible to get more than this by signing up for Game Pass for Xbox and Xbox Live Gold trials. No offers show for me, but I'm paid up through to 2022.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/xbox-game-pass/cfq7ttc0k6l8?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

https://www.xbox.com/EN-GB/live/gold

Soldato
Possibly a daft question, because I'm not sure I fully understand this, but....If I get the "ultimate game pass" for £1, does that mean I can get Metro Exodus (for example) and play it for a month at no additional charge?
Yep its £1 first month then if you want to play after you need to sub for £3.99 a month to have the same full access to all 100 or so games. Amazing deal really Metro Exodus means if you sub for a year its still way cheaper then actually buying Exodus in the next year :eek::)

Metro Exodus & 100 games for 1 month for £1 Valve must be really worried it pretty much kills their business model overnight who would ever buy a full price game vs £3.99 a month as more & more publishers sign up the games list is going to expand to over 200 like it did on Xbox1.

Soldato
Soldato
Yep its £1 first month then if you want to play after you need to sub for £3.99 a month to have the same full access to all 100 or so games. Amazing deal really Metro Exodus means if you sub for a year its still way cheaper then actually buying Exodus in the next year :eek::)

Metro Exodus & 100 games for 1 month for £1 Valve must be really worried it pretty much kills their business model overnight who would ever buy a full price game vs £3.99 a month as more & more publishers sign up the games list is going to expand to over 200 like it did on Xbox1.

It wont be £3.99 a month forever, it will increase to £7.99 once out of BETA stage, its already good value with the games its got now. I suspect a 12 month deal will appear.

Soldato

Game Pass doesn't tend to feature "full price" games often though, outside of Microsoft's own stuff. The vast majority of titles across PC and Xbox are cut-price; indie games, older games, commercial flops.

It's a lot of gaming for very little money. But if someone really wants to play the latest, greatest, new release, they will likely still have to buy it.

Soldato
You can play every game on the list, as much as you want, until your subscription ends. But bear in mind that the list of games is refreshed every month, with a few old games dropping off the service, and a few new ones being added.

You may be able to get 2 (maybe 3) months for £2. Game Pass for PC is £1 for 1 month via the following link:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/xbox-game-pass-pc-games/cfq7ttc0kgq8?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

After you sign up, turn off recurring billing. Then sign up to Ultimate for £1 here:

https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-game-pass?&OCID=AID736707_SEM_

Your existing month of Game Pass for PC should be converted to Ultimate, and an extra month will be added. You may also be offered a bonus month for turning recurring billing back on to give 3 months for £2.

It may be possible to get more than this by signing up for Game Pass for Xbox and Xbox Live Gold trials. No offers show for me, but I'm paid up through to 2022.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/xbox-game-pass/cfq7ttc0k6l8?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

https://www.xbox.com/EN-GB/live/gold

Cheers:) I've ran into a bit of a problem though. I added a device, tried to install a game, but now it keeps on telling me that I "don't have any applicable devices linked to my MS account", although I do:confused:

Soldato
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

That is the direct download, mount the ISO and let Windows update - it won't delete anything, its just an inplace update, it will create a Windows.old structure, which if you are happy with the update you can remove by using disk cleanup .
Thanks but the issue I have is something is blocking it on my main PC I do not want to wipe it as I have so much other stuff on there. Hoping MS can hotfix the blocking the upgrade issue still.....:rolleyes:

Soldato
Cheers:) I've ran into a bit of a problem though. I added a device, tried to install a game, but now it keeps on telling me that I "don't have any applicable devices linked to my MS account", although I do:confused:
You need windows 10 build version 1903 same error problem as me it blocks devices unless you have 1903. Try upgrading if you can to 1903 version then it will work!

Soldato
Thanks but the issue I have is something is blocking it on my main PC I do not want to wipe it as I have so much other stuff on there. Hoping MS can hotfix the blocking the upgrade issue still.....:rolleyes:

Not anything to do with Semi-Annual Channel vs Semi-Annual Channel(Targeted) is it ?

Soldato
Game Pass doesn't tend to feature "full price" games often though, outside of Microsoft's own stuff. The vast majority of titles across PC and Xbox are cut-price; indie games, older games, commercial flops.

It's a lot of gaming for very little money. But if someone really wants to play the latest, greatest, new release, they will likely still have to buy it.
MS will release all their stuff as you said but I think they are also adding many other recent games its down to the publishers if they want to take MS money to add it or not though! Metro Exodus, all the new Halo games & other MS games alone is more than worth £3.99 a month though!

Soldato
Not anything to do with Semi-Annual Channel vs Semi-Annual Channel(Targeted) is it ?
No its because I blocked the 1903 build when it first came out in May because of technical issues with it. What happens if you have to do that is as subsequent windows updates come out your PC can be left in limbo as MS do not perform enough QA anymore so sometimes you need something which will not install as it lacks the previous updates leaving your PC in limbo & blocking the newer version :rolleyes: You can either wait & hope MS hotfix it or wipe your PC & start again :(

Soldato
No its because I blocked the 1903 build when it first came out in May because of technical issues with it. What happens if you have to do that is as subsequent windows updates come out your PC can be left in limbo as MS do not perform enough QA anymore so sometimes you need something which will not install as it lacks the previous updates leaving your PC in limbo & blocking the newer version :rolleyes: You can either wait & hope MS hotfix it or wipe your PC & start again :(

Fair enough, I'm still on 1809 because I use Semi-Annual so don't get the update until 6 months later after common folk have beta tested it, thought you may be in similar situation and just forgotten :)

Soldato
Fair enough, I'm still on 1809 because I use Semi-Annual so don't get the update until 6 months later after common folk have beta tested it, thought you may be in similar situation and just forgotten :)
It was blocked on lots of PC's due to technical issues with removable USB drives & or certain hardware configurations.

Back
Top Bottom