What TV shows are you currently watching

Associate
Sadly GOT has concluded, weather you loved or hated the Season 8 conclusion's. And TV hasn't been the same for me.

I started to watch a lot of shows and struggled with the first few episodes, only to put them down. But some have been rated higher by other viewers, so will have to revisit them later.

I have been enjoying 3% on Netflix, very like The 100 or Hunger Games. Sadly it's a Brazilian production, so English is added in post production. So serious lip sync issue's, but I find the concept, characters and story engaging to want to watch Season 3 in a few days.

Back watching one of my old favourites Star Trek Enterprise, as a side show. Still enjoyable almost 15 years later.

I am looking forward to Picard and more of The Expanse. :D

Soldato
Sadly GOT has concluded, weather you loved or hated the Season 8 conclusion's. And TV hasn't been the same for me.

I started to watch a lot of shows and struggled with the first few episodes, only to put them down. But some have been rated higher by other viewers, so will have to revisit them later.

I have been enjoying 3% on Netflix, very like The 100 or Hunger Games. Sadly it's a Brazilian production, so English is added in post production. So serious lip sync issue's, but I find the concept, characters and story engaging to want to watch Season 3 in a few days.

Back watching one of my old favourites Star Trek Enterprise, as a side show. Still enjoyable almost 15 years later.

I am looking forward to Picard and more of The Expanse. :D
Really enjoyed season 1 of 3% but only managed half or less of season 2. Not having the 'process' elements was a big part of why I didn't enjoy it. I was reading the Netflix episode descriptions of Season 3 though and it seemed like it might get back into that side of things. Does it get better?

Soldato
Have watched the first 2 eps of Designated Survivor S3 and have really enjoyed them. The homosexual element doesn't bother me. It is at least (I think so far) part of the story and not just for the sake of it.

About to watch the last ep of The Pacific. Not massively enjoyed it if I'm honest.

Caporegime
I'm not homophobic either, but I still object to having to watch men kissing in nearly every TV program I watch these days. There's just no need for it.

What shows are you watching?

Of the 10 or so weeklies we have watched so far this year, the only one I can remember guys kissing in is Greys Anatomy, even though there are gay couples in the other shows (Modern Family and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend). Going further back, I recall some in Game of Thrones, Outlander, and Skins.

Looking at this list, it would seem that girl on girl has featured far more frequently than man on man in recent years, probably because fewer people seem to have issue with that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dramatic_television_series_with_LGBT_characters#2010s

Perhaps you are having negativity bias?

Intentional memory is also impacted by the stimuli's negative or positive quality. When studying both positive and negative behaviors, participants tend to recall more negative behaviors during a later memory test than they do positive behaviors, even after controlling for serial position effects.[39][40] There is also evidence that people exhibit better recognition memory and source memory for negative information.[31][41]

When asked to recall a recent emotional event, people tend to report negative events more often than they report positive events,[42] and this is thought to be because these negative memories are more salient than are the positive memories. People also tend to underestimate how frequently they experience positive affect, in that they more often forget the positively emotional experiences than they forget negatively emotional experiences.[43]

Soldato
What shows are you watching?

Of the 10 or so weeklies we have watched so far this year, the only one I can remember guys kissing in is Greys Anatomy, even though there are gay couples in the other shows (Modern Family and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend). Going further back, I recall some in Game of Thrones, Outlander, and Skins.
I've seen quite a few in recent months (The 100, Mad Men, Bonding.... plus American Gods last year). It's noteworthy, in that it seems unusual, but I'm not disgusted. I even found myself cheering on the repressed guy in Mad Men

There are far more straight sex/intimate scenes

Soldato
I liked Designated Survivor S01 and S02. But...
S03 has done the Star Trek Discovery thing of forcing gay scenes into the show which add nothing to the story.
It's gross, and I'm done with this show.

The two arent comparable. At all.

I'm no prude but that scene in Designated Survivor I was not ready for. Out of character for the show, it did feel to me that it was shoehorned in there for no real benefit. You might try to claim they did the same in star trek but an on-screen kiss or two is NOT the same as a simulated sex scene.

Soldato
“Dark” on Netflix was way better than I expected... season 2 being released on June 21st. Wouldn’t even watch the trailer for this one though as I think it gives too much away. Just go in blind and you’ll enjoy the mystery more.

It can be hard work keeping track of all the characters due to the nature of the story, but it’s definitely worth the effort. There’s a picture to help in the spoiler tag if you need it (it’s from the r/dark subreddit which is pretty active). I’d only reference it after watching the first episode.

I wanted to start this but it being dubbed really ruined it for me. Is there a non dubbed - subtitled version around?

Caporegime
1 episode left of The Haunting of Hill House, and it is fantastic.

Better than any horror film released in the past decade, well acted, interesting, good writing, creepy and not relying purely on jump scares.

Bit of a head**** that the younger version of the dad is Elliot from ET!

Soldato
1 episode left of The Haunting of Hill House, and it is fantastic.

Better than any horror film released in the past decade, well acted, interesting, good writing, creepy and not relying purely on jump scares.

Bit of a head**** that the younger version of the dad is Elliot from ET!

Strong praise and you've made my mind up to give this a go after considering it for a while. Im bored to death of jump scares in mainstream horror and find myself watching more lower budget indie offerings or straight to DVD type stuff for my horror fix these days.

Back
Top Bottom