Acer CZ350CK 35" UltraWide monitor

Associate
Hi

I just received mine this weekend and the back light bleed isn’t good.
I’m not super fussy and I know it’s not a top of the range model but it’s really not good enough and tbh I’m now starting to find fault with things like mouse pointer trails etc that I never saw on my 8 year old Dell IPS before.
I think this will be going back, shame as I’m totally sold on the curved ultrawide experience now.
Worth a try for the money though.
I’d post a photo but it’s not too dissimilar to the Electriq one on the first page.

Tricky

Associate
Hi Guys, any info about refresh rate overclocking? Can you please try say 120Hz or 144Hz using CRU tool? I am really looking into buying 35" 1440p LCD, but 100Hz does not seem enough for me, 120Hz would be better. thanks for any info on that :) Since Z35p supports 144, this one could too, right?

144hz is definitely a no-go on this monitor. Highest I can get (and from what I've seen others report) is around 120hz.

As for backlight bleed, I must have gotten lucky since it's the faintest on my example I've seen on a VA. It's a very worthwhile display if you're looking to go ultrawide and not break the bank.

Associate
144hz is definitely a no-go on this monitor. Highest I can get (and from what I've seen others report) is around 120hz.

As for backlight bleed, I must have gotten lucky since it's the faintest on my example I've seen on a VA. It's a very worthwhile display if you're looking to go ultrawide and not break the bank.

What about ghosting? Is the panel fast enough to use the 120Hz? I am deciding between this and this one: Acer XR342CKP (cca £752), which is 100Hz IPS freesync 34".

Associate
OP
What about ghosting? Is the panel fast enough to use the 120Hz? I am deciding between this and this one: Acer XR342CKP (cca £752), which is 100Hz IPS freesync 34".

No noticeable ghosting to my eyes.

I would expect the IPS panel to be better, but £300 better? No brainer for me, meant I could replace by GPU with the money saved. :D

Associate
Will post my findings when I get mine!
Pictures say it has 4 usb ports, users say it doesnt, which one is right?
How about LFC support?

Last edited:
Associate

Sorry for the late reply, but yes there is some ghosting. It's about the same as the z35x. That said, I'd opt for the IPS any day of the week if the price was the same, but they're £300 apart, so the CZ350CK is the clear winner.

Last edited:
Associate
So i got mine, backlight bleed is pretty much zero, doesnt OC even 110Hz is a no go ( not sure what`s up with that).
Overall pretty pleased, used a TN for a few years liking the higher contrast of the VA cant notice much smearing or ghosting, and 21:9 is so much better for gaming and productivity it`s not even a contest.
Adaptive sync seems to work great, I bet the IPS ultrawides would be better, but I cant justify paying double for that little bit extra, the RTX 2080 has problems running 100fps so going higher doesnt really help me, 5m pixels is no 4K but it`s still pretty hard to run.
The stand is great for such a cheap display.

Last edited:
Soldato
Got mine yesterday came from the BenQ 1440p 144hz XL Monitor, build quality feels solid, and its actually quite nice to look at aesthetically, not full of glaring RGB etc. Very low amounts of backlight bleed on mine, there is a little in the bottom right corner but nothing i cant live with.

Only thing ive noticed is when playing Grim Dawn, when moving the screen blurs every so slightly, will have to try out Division 2, i play Everquest mostly and never noticed any on that, so im tempted to think is a GD issue.

Overall im well impressed and at £430 its a steal, my brother has the same 1440p 144hz BenQ as me and hes coming over tonight, wouldnt surprise me if he takes a look at mine and goes buy one himself.

Associate
Did you manage to get more HZ out of yours ? I have been trying to get a tad bit more out of mine than 100 but even if I set it to 103 so I could use a nice even fps cap of 100 ( -3 from the monitor hz ) it starts skipping frames, no idea how these people claim theirs is working fine without skipping @ 120 ?
And I do it as usual creating a custom resolution under NVCP and just changing the HZ but just doesnt work.
Thought about sending it back and buying another one since it`s a fanstastic monitor otherwise for the price, cant find anything else I dont like about it, other than the inability to clock even one bit higher, running 97fps cap is killing my OCD.
I quess I could use it with a 100fps cap from RTSS and fastvsync, doesnt tear thatway either.

Last edited:
Soldato
To be honest I've never ocerclocked a monitor before and I'm not even sure how to lol.

It's running at 100hz with Freesync enabled and that's good enough for me !

But will try to satisfy curiosity, how do I go about oc'ing it?

Associate
To be honest I havent used an AMD card for about 5+ years now so I am not sure how you can do it via AMD driver.
But if you google custom resolution utility you should be able to do it with that, there should be guides on youtube too.

Last edited:
Associate
Well i have a gtx1080 aswell right now, but gsync doesnt really work, the screen turns off every few seconds if it`s enabled.
I am abit dissapointed to be honest, gsync compatibility is good on paper but have tried like 3 freesync monitors, all had problems with it.
And after using gsync for years, playing without it is no good.

Associate
How many people have the acer and how many have the electriq version on here?. Panels are clearly the same just Electriq is a fair chunk cheaper. Has anyone seen both side by side etc?.
Are acer likely to receive better binned panels or will it be pot luck?

Associate
Well, I'm having a freesync issue now in that the Freesync option in Radeon Settings now says "Not Supported". I've tried reinstalling drivers, installing the CZ350CK drivers, rebooting, re-plugging DP cord -- no avail. Very strange as Freesync was working perfectly with this monitor for several months (unsure when it stopped working...).

Unfortunately there's no specific Freesync setting in the OSD for this monitor, unlike other Freesync monitors I've used. It is set to DP 1.2 which should all that's really needed. I've even reset the monitor to factory settings, but no luck. What the heckfire am I missing???

As for my continued experience with the CZ350CK, my initial thoughts stand: great value, essentially an z35 with Freesync and less refined frame, mine OCs to 116hz, and it's definitively a VA panel. In summary, it's... OK.

Soldato
Well, I'm having a freesync issue now in that the Freesync option in Radeon Settings now says "Not Supported". I've tried reinstalling drivers, installing the CZ350CK drivers, rebooting, re-plugging DP cord -- no avail. Very strange as Freesync was working perfectly with this monitor for several months (unsure when it stopped working...).

Unfortunately there's no specific Freesync setting in the OSD for this monitor, unlike other Freesync monitors I've used. It is set to DP 1.2 which should all that's really needed. I've even reset the monitor to factory settings, but no luck. What the heckfire am I missing???

As for my continued experience with the CZ350CK, my initial thoughts stand: great value, essentially an z35 with Freesync and less refined frame, mine OCs to 116hz, and it's definitively a VA panel. In summary, it's... OK.

It maybe a "Blur reduction" setting enabled on the monitor that has turned it off, I had the same with my BenQ after accidentally turning a setting on the monitor on that effectively turns off Freesync, it was disabled on the AMD control panel and I couldn't figure out why.

Changed cables etc and still no joy, then had a look at the monitor settings and I had accidentally turned on a blur reduction option that disables Freesync, turned it off and Freesync was back working

Associate
It maybe a "Blur reduction" setting enabled on the monitor that has turned it off, I had the same with my BenQ after accidentally turning a setting on the monitor on that effectively turns off Freesync, it was disabled on the AMD control panel and I couldn't figure out why.

Changed cables etc and still no joy, then had a look at the monitor settings and I had accidentally turned on a blur reduction option that disables Freesync, turned it off and Freesync was back working

No idea how, but the gods of adaptive sync decided to enable the Freesync option after a fourth cable move and reboot.

I'm still dithering on whether keeping this monitor or not. Ultrawide is very nice, but VA is quite simply garbage compared to IPS, and I am moderately missing the extra fineness 4k provides.

Back
Top Bottom