• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Associate
Because they're almost trying to pretend you can't stream and game without said processor.

It was an absolute ludicrous comparison and was bad form.
A useful and needed comparison in my opinion. As a gamer, I would like to record gameplay in BFV. Not to stream per say, but to be able to go back and watch interesting clips of my own game play. BFV is a cpu hungry game. All games will begin to utilize the cpu more, especially titles for the new consoles coming out when they port to pc. We saw that just over the past couple years when many people thought 4 cores was all that gamers needed.

Nobody wants to watch low res and low frame rate video. Nobody wants to drop frames and resolution while gaming to create an allowance for streaming. 12 cores is a big deal for this reason! Just because you don't stream or record does not mean others don't. Many people will start streaming in high quality and recording in high quality when the 12 cores drop!

Associate
And considering the 3900X doesn't exist for consumers yet, they're obviously managing somehow without running a slide show.
As cpu horsepower has increased, so have the number of streamers. Some streamers go out and buy capture cards or use a second computer for the sole reason that an under powered processor cannot walk and chew gum at the same time.

You need to watch a few low quality and high quality streams. This will help you understand the demand. People love to watch highlights.

Permabanned
blki3g068y331.jpg

R5 3600 max boost clock is 4.2 GHz. We can estimate from their numbers that PBO lets it get to ~4.4 GHz on a single core. For reference, the i5-9600K should be running at 4.6 GHz on a single core at stock. This result shows a ~12% IPC lead over Coffee Lake in this benchmark.
By this same token, PBO would allow up to 4.9GHz on the top Zen 2 SKU, which would require 5.5GHz on Coffee Lake to equal it.

Caporegime
Soldato
For reference, sort of, my 2700X with a blck overclock which boosts to 4496 ish gets 458 on Cinebench R20 single thread.

It amazes me then that you simply FORGOT to post that incredible result in the R20 thread....................................maybe you were abroad with no internet access at all before or since the thread started ?...........................no just noticed you have been posting regularly :confused::(

Caporegime
I don't know what clock speed that 3600 is running at but the official Turbo is 4.2Ghz, if we assume that PHO is some sort of boost to that then maybe 4.4Ghz?

That's some seriously high IPC, 11% higher than Coffeelake, if its 4.2Ghz the IPC is 15% higher, at that if the 3800X can overclock to 4.6Ghz the 9900K would need to be running at 5.3Ghz just to match it.

Permabanned
It amazes me then that you simply FORGOT to post that incredible result in the R20 thread....................................maybe you were abroad with no internet access at all before or since the thread started ?...........................no just noticed you have been posting regularly :confused::(

I only just ran it to try as I saw the 3600 above. :p

Back
Top Bottom