New case... new fans??? Lian Li 011 air.

Associate
First thing I would do is move CLC radiator to top vents, assuming it can be fit there.

From the pic, it looks like their AIO Rad is already fitted at the top.

That will allow room temp air to enter motherboard area of case instead of air being pre-heated by heat being transferred from coolant to air as it enters case. That and remove rear PCIe covers for more rear vent area and better front to back airflow around GPU.

@ubiquity
This is the one common principle that failed in my case (badly designed case), so be aware it doesn't always work (in my case my new fans were too overpowered at the location of the top AIO Rad as an Intake). Hence why I said try it out in your own case first. But should be one of the things to try out first.

Once that is done I would use mobo and GPU software to set fan to temp curves as low as you can and still keep things below max safe point of operation.

A quick look around suggests around the 90-92C range before the GPU will throttle itself to prevent damage to the card. So if you can get your fan curves to keep the GPU below this, then you'll have a slightly quieter system. And if memory serves, the 4690k should be a thermal range of 90C as well.

Associate
Thanks for the feedback. Yes the AIO is top mounted as an intake as present.

I can put a 140m as bottom intake, but as you mentioned, that may just re-direct cool air away from the gpu... Also I need another fan splitter as there are not enough connections on the motherboard (H100i previously ran the fans and pump from single connection).

The 1080Ti's boost drops off once it gets above about 78 degrees, so have ordered an Alphacool GPU block that is compatible with my 360LT (sees see if that rad can handle both the cpu and gpu!).

I ordered the Lian Li 011D from overclockers yesterday. It is intended for a Ryzen 3000 build, but I may re-build this in it for some testing (and something to do while I wait!)

Back
Top Bottom