• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The AMD Navi Thread **

Soldato
Yeah they are shifting the stack up a tier, bringing down the price of the current 2000 series, which will destroy navi easily now and having better performance on the super range for the same price of the last gen,
Pretty smart move, and also suprising, the 2080ti super will be so very powerful considering my friend bought s 2080ti and said its overkill for most games

Soldato
Didn't someone recently say the Navi is locked, so no messing around with it like the vega and vega 7 :( thats not SUPER at all considering the SUPER cards are supposedly unlocked and will enable custom aibs to make 300w monster cards with overkill vrms

Soldato
other way round

Not going by their actions. AMD far too straight, Nvidia much more cunning extracting every last penny out of the customer. AMD aren't as far ahead in fps but they have some nice ideas and limited budget. Nvidia's engineering is held back and drip fed to maximize profits.

I'd say Nvidia's methods are working well, I still don't like them though! ;)

Soldato
Not going by their actions. AMD far too straight, Nvidia much more cunning extracting every last penny out of the customer. AMD aren't as far ahead in fps but they have some nice ideas and limited budget. Nvidia's engineering is held back and drip fed to maximize profits.

I'd say Nvidia's methods are working well, I still don't like them though! ;)
I don't like them either, but I'd happy sell my radeon 7 and buy a 2080ti Super for the performance and raytracing now, and 2 weeks ago me would have pnuched me in the balls for even thinking that.
I wanted top end performance, i waited for fury x, i waited for vega, i waited for radeon 7, i waited for navi. Now I can't support AMD any more. I will buy whatever gets me the performance i am seeking, I will forget what badge it wears from now on

Soldato
I don't like them either, but I'd happy sell my radeon 7 and buy a 2080ti Super for the performance and raytracing now, and 2 weeks ago me would have pnuched me in the balls for even thinking that.
I wanted top end performance, i waited for fury x, i waited for vega, i waited for radeon 7, i waited for navi. Now I can't support AMD any more. I will buy whatever gets me the performance i am seeking, I will forget what badge it wears from now on

It's almost 2020 , we are in the future, 4k gaming should already be well underway, I blame amd for not pushing the tech capable of it forward so that Nvidia don't need to either, slowing gpu power developement to a crawl.

I for one want to play bloodlines 2 and cyberpunk 2077 either in 4k ultra or RTX firmly on wether its AMD rays DXR or RTX nvidia, we deserve huge leaps forward

Soldato
It's almost 2020 , we are in the future, 4k gaming should already be well underway, I blame amd for not pushing the tech capable of it forward so that Nvidia don't need to either, slowing gpu power developement to a crawl.

I for one want to play bloodlines 2 and cyberpunk 2077 either in 4k ultra or RTX firmly on wether its AMD rays DXR or RTX nvidia, we deserve huge leaps forward

I agree. I thought I was in an alternate reality for a moment then realised you had replied to yourself! Waiting is getting a bit tiring, a 2080Ti Super might be a bit rich for me. 7nm could be a real beast though when Nvidia get around to it.

Soldato
I agree. I thought I was in an alternate reality for a moment then realised you had replied to yourself! Waiting is getting a bit tiring, a 2080Ti Super might be a bit rich for me. 7nm could be a real beast though when Nvidia get around to it.
Stop trickle feeding us you buggers, 8k tvs are soon to be a thing, and there is still a huge lack of FPS on gpus, 4k 120hz + tvs, 4k film and tv show content. I am never going to believe they are selling us the bleeding edge, its common business to be 7 years ahead and feed it in bits, Im sick of it.

I remember years ago buying a new graphics card opened a world of wonder and new settings and resolutions all of a sudden not this 10-15% crap for £700 - £1000

Back
Top Bottom