This Business and Moment...

Soldato
Ha Love people like that...

Good job they aren't there tbh but not good it cost you a **** ton!

Are you going to be able to raise that extra cash for the property if needs be? It's a right pain when they miscalculate things by such a massive degree.

Whereabouts are you buying?

Soldato
OP
Whereabouts are you buying?
See here!
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/32700466/

Same village we're in now, big renovation project.

I reckon we should be able to get to 50k, but 65k might stretch us as we can't exactly quickly flog our apartment. I'm sure we'll work it out though... we've beaten all these things so far, hoping this'll do the job!

Soldato
See here!
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/32700466/

Same village we're in now, big renovation project.

I reckon we should be able to get to 50k, but 65k might stretch us as we can't exactly quickly flog our apartment. I'm sure we'll work it out though... we've beaten all these things so far, hoping this'll do the job!

Looks ambitious! My mate at work used to advise on French mortgages and said to beware of ancient thoroughfares/rights of way, as apparently these can throw up all kinds of issues late in the process. It's crazy how provincial some French real estate regulations can be - that the mayor has to approve it, but also apparently if the property is in the countryside then the local farmers can get first refusal/priority to bid on it! Nuts...

Soldato
OP
Looks ambitious! My mate at work used to advise on French mortgages and said to beware of ancient thoroughfares/rights of way, as apparently these can throw up all kinds of issues late in the process. It's crazy how provincial some French real estate regulations can be - that the mayor has to approve it, but also apparently if the property is in the countryside then the local farmers can get first refusal/priority to bid on it! Nuts...
Yea, good old France. We have one bit of access around the back which we have access rights to, but it's not technically part of the property, it's a weird shared ownership thing. We don't require that though, and our main access is at the front, which is on a small road so it's all good... touchwood. Dealing with the French systems is great fun. Fun like, nailing your own ballsack to the table.

Soldato
Just passed the CompTIA Sec+ this morning! Over the moon :D
Also have a stage 1 phone interview with a security firm opening offices locally. The wheels seem to have started rolling.

Sui

Sui

Soldato
Just accepted a job offer for a new job in financial services for a company which is actually profitable.

Will be a breath of fresh air from where I currently work in manufacturing, looking forward to it.

Caporegime
Serious morale problems at work at the moment. Clients are just unnecessarily demanding and difficult, management crushing us on financial performance. Working all the weekends. A general lack of appreciation that we’re humans. One person has thrown in their notice and all of a sudden people are interested in our well being.

I’m flirting with the idea of a move but doing so would collapse the whole team. That’s not my responsibility but.... ya know :/

Look after No.1.

Feeling depressed, was talking to one of my new colleagues and found out when I started at my last place he hadn't been born ...

A girl at work doesn't know who is Arnold Schwarzenegger is, the Matrix is older than her.

Sui

Sui

Soldato
Ah great stuff. Think i recall you mentioning a while back that you were a bit fed up. Weren't you doing virtually everything within the finance team?

Cheers.

I was basically doing everything the Financial Controller used to do, without being given the responsibility of making decisions or having to manage people whilst she focused on a long term project for the Group which wasn't relevant to our subsidiary. To be honest, I don't really like Manufacturing and that I'll enjoy working in Financial Services more, I hope I'm right but the Company will be a much better one to work for. Right in the middle of Brighton so plenty of lunch options :D

Soldato
Congrats, I will be talking mine hopefully end of this year.

How long did it take to study for the exam and do you have any previous IT certs?
Get it booked! :p
I attended a 3 hour class every Wednesday evening for the last 6 months. Only proper IT certs previously is the A+ unless you count a Comp. Sci degree as one?

Iirc you do 2nd /3rd line support so if you've previous experience with networks, it really comes in handy. Network+ will be next on the list for me.

Soldato
Cheers.

I was basically doing everything the Financial Controller used to do, without being given the responsibility of making decisions or having to manage people whilst she focused on a long term project for the Group which wasn't relevant to our subsidiary. To be honest, I don't really like Manufacturing and that I'll enjoy working in Financial Services more, I hope I'm right but the Company will be a much better one to work for. Right in the middle of Brighton so plenty of lunch options :D

Yeah. Being in Manufacturing now, I much preferred FS.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Just passed the CompTIA Sec+ this morning! Over the moon :D
Also have a stage 1 phone interview with a security firm opening offices locally. The wheels seem to have started rolling.

Congrats :) I deal with a lot of the managed sec providers in NI so may work with whoever it is you're interviewing with :)

Soldato
Get it booked! :p
I attended a 3 hour class every Wednesday evening for the last 6 months. Only proper IT certs previously is the A+ unless you count a Comp. Sci degree as one?

Iirc you do 2nd /3rd line support so if you've previous experience with networks, it really comes in handy. Network+ will be next on the list for me.

OK thanks. I already have two MCSA's and one MCSE. Reading around people say Sec+ exam is easier than MS exams but I did struggle with some MS exams.

Man of Honour
Man... just spent the day in our London office. It was awful. ****ing awful. It was so bad in some ways that I can’t even write it down.

Holy ****. Some people really are slaves to the machine.

Soldato
Man... just spent the day in our London office. It was awful. ****ing awful. It was so bad in some ways that I can’t even write it down.

Holy ****. Some people really are slaves to the machine.

I spent the first 3 months of this year down in London with one of our clients in both SoHo and Shepherds Bush and it was awful, they offered me a full time role and I've never declined so quick and been so happy to get back up North.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom