Brand new build roughly £1000

Associate
OP
You need to configure/enable your trust (enable it) for me to do that. But once you have done this you'll be able to send me an email by clicking on my trust button.

*Do you need to find new digs after telling your wife that you know how it feels to have a baby?
Think i done it. On my phone so never the easiest!

Didnt have the balls in the end i would have ended up like her unicorns!

Soldato
Think i done it. On my phone so never the easiest!
Sorry for delayed reply - I'm going to be incommunicado for the next hour - but have just received your email.

After many attempts from other members, you're the first person to actually achieve this, as i usually cut them off at the pass. I'll reply properly in email; but know that getting your system up and working and helping a nice chap, who was actively eager to learn the process and went above and beyond to simulate troubleshooting methods is always reward enough. You deserved the outcome for your efforts, gratis.

Plus, we may have won the battle but not the war - but i'm pretty sure you've experienced your D-Day, so breathe easy...

#youdidthehardbit

Associate
OP
some closure on the matter.... the people I got the cpu from confirmed it was faulty -

The little buggers :rolleyes:

- on a side note the Mrs & little 1 has kindly given me £100 for a fathers day prezzie "to help make the computer better"....is there anything you guys could think I could add to the pc with this? was thinking some fans for the top or something ive no idea maybe another 16gb ram?, I kinda feel bad saying its pretty much perfect now?

might buy a £5 part and say was £100 she wouldn't know the difference to be fair!

Last edited:
Soldato
some closure on the matter.... the people I got the cpu from confirmed it was faulty -

Vindication for your efforts!

Pleased that went smoothly for you. CPU returns can be problematic depending on test bench setup - i.e. imagine trainee technician had 'game mode' equivalent on while testing.

- on a side note the Mrs & little 1 has kindly given me £100 for a fathers day prezzie "to help make the computer better"....is there anything you guys could think I could add to the pc with this?
Not sure TBH, if you have a capable mouse keyboard(?) - I can't really think of anything. Your case, if it's the Fractal(?), will be fine for fans for your usage.

Speakers, headset, headset stand, extra large mouse mat?

Do you own a printer? But they eat money with cartridge prices if you're not canny.

Man of Honour
indeed. what peripherals do you have?
these can have a tangible effect on your overall gaming experience.
depending on what you currently have, that £100 could be well spent on kb/mouse combo and/or speakers.
we normally neglect speakers, but a decent set can significantly enhanced said percieved experience.

Associate
Whoaaaaa I dont think iv actually rooted for someone to catch a break as much as you reading through that thread. I hope some day you meet plec in person and you get him extremely drunk. Reading the thread has really made me 2nd guess myself skill/knowledge wise to build something like this, never mind troubleshoot it if things go south. Really glad you got sorted and I hope you can sit back and relax while gaming.

Soldato
where, fair play!

nice one @Plec @tamzzy @EsaT

seems like a mission but glad to see it sorted @evertonhero !

also reason I link Gigabyte board, specially for new users. board isn't as good as the MSI, but you could have sent your mobo, cpu and ram and they would have done the trouble shooting for you.
But A* for your effort going through everything ! Should be able to pass on your hard graft to your little one when they joing the PC master race !

would say £100 could be put to getting Ryzen 3000 in july if reseller give you a refund, but then if your MSI board's bios version doesn't have update for them, then you'd be in a mission to get it sorted .

RGB is a good way to splash the cash ! haha not everyones cup of tea but will captivate your kid no end!

Soldato
we normally neglect speakers, but a decent set can significantly enhanced said percieved experience.
Assuming other people in the house don't want to be bothered by gaming, headphones are likely better approach.
No one has yet made speakers with control for in which area their sound is heard...

Besides decent sound quality capable surround set isn't cheap.

but then if your MSI board's bios version doesn't have update for them, then you'd be in a mission to get it sorted.
Why would you need CPU, or memory or graphics card for that?

Flash BIOS Button: Simply use a USB key to flash any BIOS within seconds, without installing a CPU, memory or graphics card.
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B450-GAMING-PRO-CARBON-AC/Overview

Associate
OP
thanks for the feedback and congrats from you guys for finally getting my system up and running

but...the curse continues sorry been a bit side tracked,

Driving home from wales (1 hour drive) and kablamo car decides to splutter and splurge doing 70ish down the motorway and loses power....

towed home by breakdown services, now cars on the drive not able to move...

barely had the car 2 months and done 400miles in it we barely use it as i have a van so now im trying to wrap my head around used car warranty policies and rights etc with a dealer who is in stoke (1h 30m away) from me who wants me to take the car to him to attempt to fix!

arghhhhhhh hey ho at least its not the pc!

*takes of IT cap and puts on mechanics cap*

Oh and while im on a rant a guys coming out to fix the boiler friday as it keep turning itself off!

been a crazy few weeks but they say it comes in threes :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Soldato
>he's still not moved off the Indian burial ground<
Jeez, @evertonhero have you been breaking mirrors with a nun's face while sitting under a ladder?

Hope the boiler proves to be something simple and that it's not a combi (ours is - they're great when they work!)

The car too - from description could be anything with a modern vehicle. Hope the warranty covers the majority of the work, i know the policies can be a PITA - maximum limits for certain jobs etc... :/ If you can't get it to the dealer try and reach a compromise - perhaps offering to pay half at your local garage? (maybe cheaper than getting the car to them).

Lose yourself in your new PC - great stress reliever. Knowing some of the games you like you may want to check out the following if you've not played them (when on sale they're ridiculously cheap - also check out HumbleBundle):
  • Skyrim Special Edition
  • Witcher 3
  • Grim Dawn (ARPG - but loved it)
  • Divinity Original Sin 2 (another ARPG)
  • Dark Souls series is on weekend sale - not my taste but you may be interested as it's verging on the masochistic.

Associate
OP
Jeez, @evertonhero have you been breaking mirrors with a nun's face while sitting under a ladder?

Hope the boiler proves to be something simple and that it's not a combi (ours is - they're great when they work!)

The car too - from description could be anything with a modern vehicle. Hope the warranty covers the majority of the work, i know the policies can be a PITA - maximum limits for certain jobs etc... :/ If you can't get it to the dealer try and reach a compromise - perhaps offering to pay half at your local garage? (maybe cheaper than getting the car to them).

Lose yourself in your new PC - great stress reliever. Knowing some of the games you like you may want to check out the following if you've not played them (when on sale they're ridiculously cheap - also check out HumbleBundle):
  • Skyrim Special Edition
  • Witcher 3
  • Grim Dawn (ARPG - but loved it)
  • Divinity Original Sin 2 (another ARPG)
  • Dark Souls series is on weekend sale - not my taste but you may be interested as it's verging on the masochistic.

Thanks pal, we are all fit an healthy so everything else is just stuff, take the good with the bad...them poor nuns didnt see it coming tho!

Some great suggestions of games div sin 2 is on my wishlist i may just get on that an check out grim dawn.

The rest i have played and finisher. Witcher 3 was amazing had several hundred hours into that on xbox.

Pc still running like a dream thankfully

Back
Top Bottom