• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Something super is coming...

Soldato
Looks like AMD are in big trouble, especially at the current pricing. I can see me just going Nvidia again and I really don't want to. If AMD have an ace up their sleeve now's the time to play it.
I feel like you do, exactly.
Exactly

At the top end, all they can do for the 2080ti is give it the chip from the Titan RTX and the faster 16gbps memory and clock it slightly higher by throwing 50w at it.
All in all, the difference won't be massive 15-20% MAX

7nm is where the real gains will be made, 7nm is where I'm looking at to find my 4k 120hz GPU

I'm stuck at 4k 60hz for now and the 2080ti blazes everything at this framerate
They are making an entirely new chip for the 2080ti super it is said, it will be unlocked for AIB partners to create whatever super monsters they want

Soldato
Definitely, I get the feeling Nvidia are just toying with AMD

Well we knew they could months ago. I knew this when I saw the efficiency graphs. I mentioned this yesterday in the Navi thread - your high end GPU is usually one of the worst performance per watt cards. But Turing bucked this trend - the 2080ti and Titan RTX is the highest performance per watt card in the Turing line up. This tells us they are still under the design's intended efficiency curve.

tl:dr Nvidia was always holding back with Turing, they never delivered what the cards are really capable of

Soldato
Nvidia basically moved everything up a tier for the Turing launch (hence no better perf/$ vs Pascal), screwing everyone over. Now they are going back half a tier and people are celebrating.

Soldato
No interest from me. Even if it gave 30% + more performance and cheaper. 7nm is where I will be watching or even next gen console with M+KB support

Agreed that's all im waiting for 3080Ti or whatever will be my next card. I could probably get a long quite nicely with a 1080Ti to be perfectly honest but my current 2080Ti gives a decent amount of headroom and is plenty fast enough for everything i throw at it there's just not THAT much at the minute i can warrant a slightly faster card for game wise.

Soldato
Agreed that's all im waiting for 3080Ti or whatever will be my next card. I could probably get a long quite nicely with a 1080Ti to be perfectly honest but my current 2080Ti gives a decent amount of headroom and is plenty fast enough for everything i throw at it there's just not THAT much at the minute i can warrant a slightly faster card for game wise.
Maybe the Rtx performance will be much better

Associate
Oh damn, the 2060 was a bit of let down still having 6gb vram, the Super version looks like what it should have been in the first place, hopefully the rumors are true, which would make it a good time for an upgrade with the Ryzen 3000's.

Associate
Nvidia basically moved everything up a tier for the Turing launch (hence no better perf/$ vs Pascal), screwing everyone over. Now they are going back half a tier and people are celebrating.

Its a bit like that. Whole gpu market is a mess right now and has been 2 years.

Soldato
Both companies got greedy tbh. Crypto helped push the idea that cards are expensive... And Halo products like the titan followed by the Ti version that was very close in perf made people believe they were getting bargains for the money. Smart play.

Soldato
I just want all this stuff announced so I can finally make an informed decision on what to buy!

Wait for RTX3000 on 7nm, that's the smart play

RTX2000 Super is a two fold product - one crush Navi and two: its a cash grab before 7nm

edit: I should call it 7nm+ because Nvidia is going straight to 7nm+ with Samsung EUV

Back
Top Bottom