What is/was your favorite internet forum?

Associate
Mostly back in the day it was warez chat, boards etc talking about releases by FAiRLiGHT, CLASS, dod, SKIDROW etc.

ANandTech was decent for hardware discussion and I also ran an alternative music website in Stoke called StokeRockScene which none of you will remember.

Associate
I used to post on "Dogs on Acid" all the time in the mid 2000's. This was when drum 'n' bass was still a small community and the likes of Pendulum, Andy C, High Contract, Adam F, etc. would be regular posters. My proudest moment was being quoted by one of the guys from Pendulum just before they hit it big.

I usually find a forum for whatever interest I have at the time so typically don't hang around too long and I find reddit just far too vast and rapidly changing to really build a sense of community.

Transmission breaker
Don
Multiplay forums, mainly because of the i-series events.
i think I dabbled in many forums over the years, but never stayed. The only one that ever lasted for me was OcUK.
Retro rides was fun for a bit. However, I usually find other forums are too slow, or have too small a user-base to keep me interested nowerdays.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
RTCW when Return to Castle Wolfenstein was big. First forum, first love.

Then ISONEWs. Some really harsh banter went on in there.

Both dead now.

Soldato
Bodybuilding.com's Misc section

The golden era is long gone, but it's still decent from time to time. Some of the funniest stuff I've ever seen has come from that place.

Back when I used to be really into weight lifting, I used to read and post on that forum regularly. I think it was back in 2006 some time. I had a good laugh on it.

Soldato
My go to forum was Smash Wrestling, reminded me of OCUK really, a forum for their main purpose but the sub-forums were very active too. I do frequent Digital Spy Forum, too but don't post very often thought I do enjoy reading their predictions for the upcoming Christmas t.v schedule... in January.

Soldato
Only car forums, depending on what car I had the time. Used to be a moderator on the 205GTi owners forum and a big contributor on the 306 GTi-6 forums.

Before that, all IRC related on the MSN servers.

Soldato
Forums? Mmmmmm, most of the great ones are either dead or changed very much for the worse.

These days people read what they want to read. Only yesterday I made a post on a techsite in regards to Google unlinking photos from drive. I simply mentioned a few technical facts and got some really odd reply which went something along the lines of "seriously, FFS! whats wrong with you.....Microsoft account security blah, blah, blah"

Soldato
Honestly, it has to be OCUK for me. I've been a member since before the last big nuke, 16 years ago? I won't spout off for fear of brown nosing accusations, but they really are awesome. The rules were a bit lax back in the day, we had some real characters and a number of perma bans. Good times.

Other than that, a popular 'Adult Humour' website has little know and invitation only forums. I haven't been on for years, but if you feel like descending into madness for a while, that's the place to go :D

Soldato
Probably AVforums.
I used to spend a LOT of time on Dave's Videogame Classics - later became vintage gaming network (a retrogaming and emulation site) but that went downhill some time ago and may be dead now.
Other sites I spent loads of time on and had/have great communities but as I no longer have the car I don't post (fccuk.org and 350zuk).
Elite Dangerous forum is good but now the game is no longer catering to the old guard so much I am drifting away and am more salty on there such that I should move on

Back
Top Bottom