Tabletop Warhammer?

Soldato
Tyranids.

Honestly I wish these had been around 6-8 months ago before I painted 2k worth of the bugs.

I think my blue/white scheme would have looked perfectly fine with these, paint on some details with regular paints, job done.

Other than that, I can't think when I would use them. I agree that I don't think the colours are very saturated.

Soldato
I'll be testing them on some blood warriors when I get them.

Seen them on space marines and on the painted areas of the armour they looked pretty good it was the metallics they really fell down on. Liked the look on fabric, looked pretty impressive.

Soldato
Some of my chaos.

IMG-20190310-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20190425-212053.jpg

IMG-20190430-213513.jpg

IMG-20190515-100404.jpg

IMG-20190531-081803.jpg

IMG-20190609-183055.jpg

Bases still need doing. This is jus tsome of them, I have a load of Berzerkers done, a ton of cultists etc. Getting there with this Chaos army though, need 2 x Chaos Rhinos, another Deamon Prince which I will do different. Then some HQ guys which I havnt 100% decided on yet.

Soldato
Getting so damn sick of removing mould lines. Why can't gw make minis without them yet every modelling company seems to manage ok?

Indeed, I must admit I "half arse" removing mould lines. I try and get them on the obvious flatter areas. Where it's over a more ridged or detailed area I generally won't, it's actually pretty hard to do in those places anyway.

Caporegime
Indeed, I must admit I "half arse" removing mould lines. I try and get them on the obvious flatter areas. Where it's over a more ridged or detailed area I generally won't, it's actually pretty hard to do in those places anyway.

It's frustrating. As an example the cadian heads are basically a ball. They're attached to the sprues at the top. The most visible part. Why not attach them at the invisible neck stump?!

Soldato

Yeah I'm not as diligent at removing mould lines as I should be, trying to be better but it's too much effort :p

Commissario
GW seem to be getting better at mould lines as they used to be terrible on a lot of models
I've noticed that how bad they are seems to be in direct relationship to how long ago they last redid the sprues.

It's something I was speaking to my brother about when I did some of the latest Firewarrior sprues (the ones with all the drone variants on the sprue), which were almost mould line free compared to the previous ones I'd bought about 10 years earlier as part of the older set, which were awful, newer models that have been completely designed/made from CAD masters seem better as well (I'm guessing as they make the moulds differently).

Building my Titanicus models has been almost a dream in terms of how little clean up was involved (basically only where the gates are for most of the parts), but they're moulds that were probably at the beginning of last year* so almost certainly some of the newest ones they've made.

I think part of the reason they still have the mould line problem when a lot of companies don't seem to have it as bad, is that they've still got a massive number of models being made from sprue layouts/moulds that are over a decade old whilst a lot of companies change their line ups far more often.

Mind you the position of the gates on a lot of their models, especially resin is a major pain in the neck - iirc I'm sure one of the games workshop designers my brother spoke to at one of the events mentioned that they have to work the gates out themselves and I got the impression that it's something they can find problematic (probably a lot more so on older designs where the mould making techniques were more limited and it took far more time to try different sprue layouts, so they may have gone with the first one that worked).
I've been cleaning up a gatling blaster for the Warlord and it's gates are at the back end of the barrel merging into the alignment pegs so you have to do a very tight 3 way cut on each of the barrels to remove the gate, and the barrels get in the way of the cut as there 3 of them per part.

*Given the reports that they changed from their plan to do them in resin to plastic (thank god) very late in pre-production.

FNG

FNG

Associate
So after looking at Kill Team it seemed this was going to be too complicated for an 8yr old so I went with the Know no Fear starter box for 40K. He also wanted me to get a different army so I went with Craftworld (or Eldar as I remember them!). Forgot how bad I am at sticking, never mind painting! He is enjoying painting his marines, which is great. We play simple games (no psychic or moral stuff), but I think the painting and models are the best bit for him at the moment. I need to set him up a painting area so we can get the lounge back now :D

Soldato
My lad loves, I mean freaking adores, playing but he isn't a great painter as of yet but considering I had no commitment to painting when young it isn't a huge shock :p

He knows the rules of the games scary well though, he just remembers.

Soldato

Aboslutely finding this a major hassle at the moment. I'm doing a Harlequin kill-team and they are so annoying - the mould lines are going across key fine-detail areas of the model over multiple raised and delicate surfaces. Literally having to take a craft knife and carefully at 45 degree angle lightly drag it across the surface. It looks obvious that there was a mould line there afterwards, but i'm hoping with a few layers of paint it will disappear.

Soldato
Just thought I had to come and tell of my experience with Magic Madhouse.
Somewhere above I mentioned that I was getting into Age of Sigmar. I bought various things from several GW stockists which included Tempest of souls from Madhouse. I have bought a few things from Madhouse before and they always deliver quicker than the other usual suspects, so that's always nice. This time, however, I had a small (very) problem with my order, nothing that was particularity bad and nothing that was Madhouses fault. After talking to the customer services they ended up sending me a whole new Tempest of Soul box! For free! I couldn't believe it when the big box turned up!

All I need are a few models to add to these two boxes (And a couple of conversions on models in the new box) and I'll have a two 1000 point armies! I'm chuffed to bits with them.

Soldato
Just thought I had to come and tell of my experience with Magic Madhouse.
Somewhere above I mentioned that I was getting into Age of Sigmar. I bought various things from several GW stockists which included Tempest of souls from Madhouse. I have bought a few things from Madhouse before and they always deliver quicker than the other usual suspects, so that's always nice. This time, however, I had a small (very) problem with my order, nothing that was particularity bad and nothing that was Madhouses fault. After talking to the customer services they ended up sending me a whole new Tempest of Soul box! For free! I couldn't believe it when the big box turned up!

All I need are a few models to add to these two boxes (And a couple of conversions on models in the new box) and I'll have a two 1000 point armies! I'm chuffed to bits with them.

Result!

Caporegime
Good service!

I recently ordered a load of cadians from somewhere and the box turned up having clearly been eaten by rodents. A couple of limbs were missing along with a torso and their response was 'we'll let the couriers know'.

Soldato
Ahhh, the Contrast launch has gone boobs up! Spoken with 3 independents and GW sent them contrasts (although not all of the range) but none of the undercoat!

My pre order turned up fine and the GW where I picked it up from was rammed and had blinking loads of paint.

Typically I'm now out all day today and tomorrow do probably won't get to use them until Tuesday or Wednesday :p

Back
Top Bottom