Cola

Soldato
There's a new Coke flavour that's been released in America, Coke Orange Vanilla. Limited edition. I'd love to get hold of some, but its not easy to find online, unless you wanna pay a small fortune for it.

Permabanned
Aspartame is one of the most tested substances on this planet.

Back on topic

If the aforementioned soft drinks contain aspartame, then this is exactly the most on topic that it can be.

Life without aspartame and other modern food additives (circa 1984):
25itavl.png

Life with aspartame and other modern food additives (circa now):
2v2e2is.jpg

It's of course your choice how you prefer it.

This, just get a bottle of water. If you want to be super trendy drop a REAL strawberry in it.

I take 100% apple juice not from concentrate and I feel fine.

Associate
Should be more concerned about the phosphoric acid or the caramel colouring (suspected carcinogenic) than the aspartamine tbh even then you'd need a fair amount! Doesn't stop me buying it though :o

Associate
Time to remove that shiny hat.

Aspartame is one of the most tested substances on this planet.

Back on topic, i haven't noticed a change in the recipe for Pepsi Max. I much prefer Pepsi Max over any offerings from coca-cola, i'll still happily drink anything from coca-cola, but preference would be to Pepsi Max.

From coca-colas perspective, i wouldn't touch diet coke even if it was the only thing on the menu, would prefer coke zero over normal coke though due to sugar quantities.

Brother I sincerely hope you won't have to regret your arrogance.

Soldato
All colas are guff,I like a full fat sprite.
No such thing anymore. Normal sprite is crammed half full of sweetners now. Like most other “full fat” drinks (excluding coke and Pepsi) even lucozade has been nerfed with half sugar half sweetners

Edit. And now they all taste horrendous. The once incredible lucozade orange, now doesn’t taste at all right.

Soldato
Edit. And now they all taste horrendous. The once incredible lucozade orange, now doesn’t taste at all right.

Been a long, long, long time since I last had a Lucozade, but when I did I found it tasted rather peculiar. Sweeteners are just awful, not sure why they don't just leave them out.

Man of Honour
OP
It’s so odd that all the sweetener versions of drinks taste so lame... Except the max!

Diet Fanta is particularly blergh.

Soldato
Been a long, long, long time since I last had a Lucozade, but when I did I found it tasted rather peculiar. Sweeteners are just awful, not sure why they don't just leave them out.
It’s turned to crap now.

Again, same with ribena, the bottled stuff is now half sweetner half sugar. The cartons however are still all sugar the last time I had a carton.

A good indication is the calories. A 500ml bottle of coke is roughly 200cal. A bottle of whatever else (which claims to be the full fat non diet version) has had added sweetners is now usually around 100cal per 500ml

Caporegime
My cola preferences:

Fentimans Curiosity Cola > Pepsi Max > Coke Zero >>>>> Diet Pepsi >> Diet Coke >>>>> Coke/Pepsi

I really dislike the full sugar standard colas, but Fentimans is the dog's danglies.

Fentimans Cola is amazing. Along with pretty much the rest of their range.

Soldato
you'r all heathens

original recipe irnbru is where its at, difficult to find now and utterly ruined these days with the change of recipe.

true story if you drink enough irn bru your sweat will turn orange

witnessed this with my father in law several years ago

Caporegime
You don't take man made chemicals? I suppose you don't take any medication then? :p

medicine - also has side effects which are written on the label.

as in aspirin can kill some people, etc.

aspartame doesn't seem to come with the same scrutiny in that respect. so i'm sure you can appreciate people can be allergic to it or react badly. so i avoid all chemical sweetners specifically. i prefer stevia not in it's taste but the fact it's more likely not to do me harm.

Back
Top Bottom