Porsche Owners Thread - If you own one or just like or hate them! :)

Commissario
Well it hasn’t leaked any more coolant today whilst I’ve been at work, just topped it up with some water before I set off tomorrow so will see if it loses any more in the meantime.

Commissario
@Maccy - hope it’s nothing serious. Any drips under the car?
Yeh a bit, this was it parked up after an hour or so last night:

NGlQEn5_d.jpg

Can’t really tell today because of the insane amount of rain we’ve had!!

@theone8181 the coolant cap is ok I think, doesn’t appear to be leaking from there, so I’m guessing it’s a split in a hose or the tank?

Commissario
Ah balls Maccy..
How far is the garage? I would speak to them first before driving it anywhere. They may want to arrange a loader.
Only 18 miles, I think it will be fine to get me there this morning.
Most suggestions after reading up online point to the tank cracking or the water pump.

Commissario
So the coolant level had fallen below minimum again this morning before I set out, I risked it anyway and got to the dealer ok. By the time I got there it was leaking quite a bit more from a pipe/hose near the exhaust so they were able to identify it pretty quickly.

Have left the car with them, they're going to get it fixed and will drop it home to me on a flatbed tomorrow or Thursday. Oh and they paid for my Uber home :D

Caporegime
So the coolant level had fallen below minimum again this morning before I set out, I risked it anyway and got to the dealer ok. By the time I got there it was leaking quite a bit more from a pipe/hose near the exhaust so they were able to identify it pretty quickly.

Have left the car with them, they're going to get it fixed and will drop it home to me on a flatbed tomorrow or Thursday. Oh and they paid for my Uber home :D

They didn't lend you something for the time being?

Commissario
I have it back!

Apparently a pipe and connector had some scrapes and were damaged, supposedly caused by me. I don’t recall going over anything that would’ve damaged it so at a bit of a loss how it happened, either way it’s resolved!

Associate
Getting back to this with a photo of what I mean

Odd question, can someone who has a 918 seat with harness, see if their driver side middle left harness, tail end of the belt, is secured back to the seat please. I'm not sure if mines caught or meant to be there.

The section I'm holding onto is the middle harness tail end which seems to be attached or caught to the buckets, is this the same for anyone else?

https://imgur.com/a/mHOocUD

PS trying to sort image out!

Last edited:
Commissario
I'm glad I took a before photo underneath, I'm not sure I can see these infamous scrapes they're talking about but what do you guys think?

Left image was taken just now, right image was taken on Sunday:

OkfC2U5.jpg

I don't think the pipe they're talking about has been replaced, if you look closely at the image on the right there's a drop of liquid sitting on a block that's behind the tube, I've circled it below:

H3RXjWY.png

This is where it was leaking so I think they've fixed it somewhere else and have passed blame onto me!

Soldato
I'm glad I took a before photo underneath, I'm not sure I can see these infamous scrapes they're talking about but what do you guys think?

Left image was taken just now, right image was taken on Sunday:

OkfC2U5.jpg

I don't think the pipe they're talking about has been replaced, if you look closely at the image on the right there's a drop of liquid sitting on a block that's behind the tube, I've circled it below:

H3RXjWY.png

This is where it was leaking so I think they've fixed it somewhere else and have passed blame onto me!
Looks like they cleaned it and that about it lol. If there was a new pipe i'd expect it to be pretty shiny and looking new.

Edit unless the leak is/was coming from above and they've changed a pipe up there.

Back
Top Bottom