Big ol' Burger Comparison Thread

Soldato
There's an In n Out just off the main strip and it's awesome. Really tasty burgers for a good price.

Love In 'n' Out, but pretty sure I read somewhere that Culver's are opening a place in Vegas soon, if it's not already open, and their double burger with mushroom and Swiss cheese is fantastic.

Soldato
I ate at https://www.thegrazingshed.com/ in Cardiff last week. A really good burger, a good sized portion of fries and an unlimited drink £13 which wasn't unreasonable for table service of good quality non chain food. I had the John Wayne which is a bacon cheese burger with relishes in essence very good. The burger itself was great really meaty nice and thick with a good texture. It didn't feel like it had been pumped full of chemicals like a generic pub burger to keep the weight up.

I'd be happy to recommend as a midday meal whilst in Cardiff.

Don
Skaptobara, Sofia

65829835_10156299694521847_6748653215664832512_o.jpg

Soldato
I ate at https://www.thegrazingshed.com/ in Cardiff last week. A really good burger, a good sized portion of fries and an unlimited drink £13 which wasn't unreasonable for table service of good quality non chain food. I had the John Wayne which is a bacon cheese burger with relishes in essence very good. The burger itself was great really meaty nice and thick with a good texture. It didn't feel like it had been pumped full of chemicals like a generic pub burger to keep the weight up.

I'd be happy to recommend as a midday meal whilst in Cardiff.
This place is always a good shout

Soldato
The New York is a pretty good burger imo when that is out.

Of others mentioned above, had a Patty & Bun, Honest Burger and Bleecker Recently.

Of those would go Patty and Bun top, Honest 2nd, Bleecker 3rd.

Patty and Bun was very good, had the Ari Gold with Fries with chicken skin mayo...very nice. Cooked perfectly, a good size portion.

Honest was also very good, just didnt feel like it was as special as others say, but each to our own!

Bleecker was a disappointment for me. Small burger, the bun was really not great compared to the others, just seemed like a seseme bun like you would pick up in a supermarket. Fries were small also considering the price.

Have had Leon's offerings also, wouldnt go burger there in future but their Chicken Satay box and Thai Green Curry box are excellent. Their menu for kids is great value too, better then a happy meal! I know i'm steering away from burgers, but for quick service places in London current favourites are Coco di Mama, and Yolk in New Street Square. Well worth a visit :)
I have never got the hype with Bleecker either, I thought it was trash when I went there tbh... very underwhelming, for me no where near honest or p&b or even Five Guys

Soldato
Accidentally made a lovely burger a while back that I need to recreate. I'd been making gyoza and had misjudged the amount of filling, so formed the remains of it into a patty. Mix was :

Pork mince
Spring onion
Shredded cabbage
Shaoxing rice wine
Crushed garlic
Grated ginger

Cooked the patty on the cast iron griddle.

Mixed some Sriracha with mayonnaise as the main dressing.

Topped with a few leafy greens and shredded carrot, slathered in the mayo.

10/10 would make again. A Brioche bun would have been perfect.

In other news, the burger join in Düsseldorf I used to go to a lot does a special which is a variant of a local delicacy called Senfrostbraten, which is a slab of beef, roasted in a strong Loewensenf mustard crust. The burger is a beef patty in a similar mustard crust with crunchy fried onions on top. Highly recommended!

Permabanned
Went to Bournemouth for a few days and had a burger joint near the hotel called "7Bone Burger Co"

Had a "prince charles is overrated" burger - bacon, cheese, shredded iceberg, pickles, dirty spread, with some chilli cheese dirty fries.

You can choose either a 6oz pattie or 2 x 3oz smash patties, went for the smash patties.

Very good indeed, tasty and juicy, so good we went back 2 days laters and had it again. :D Son went for 2 extra smash patties for 4 in total and he couldn't manage it all, so he had to forfeit by jumping in the pool with his clothes on.

They also had epic halloumi fries.

V45ll59.jpg

Back
Top Bottom