Petrol station

Associate
I only fill up once or twice a month, but I've started noticing people queuing at a pump despite the pump right next to it being free, I assume, because they only want to use a pump situated on the same side as their filler cap. Surely people know this isn't necessary and that the pump stretches? At least I've never had a problem, albeit I drive a small car and don't park a meter away from the pump like some people seem to do. This doesn't really bother me at the petrol station I mostly use as I get to a pump faster, but at the one other I go to their is a kind of bottleneck so it's pretty frustrating having to queue when pumps are free!

Anyone else noticed this?

Soldato
I always choose the correct side as preference, but if there's a queue for that particular side, then I'll happily switch to the other side.

Soldato
I rather wait than drag the hose across.
Maybe some people don't like dragging a dirty hose over their paintwork?
Same, the hoses can be filthy and I'd rather not be getting my hands dirty or dragging it across my paintwork.

Do any of you guys have mobility problems?
Genuine question. Because I don't like dragging the hose over my paintwork either, so I hold it away from the bodywork with my other hand.

Associate
All the Shell garages that I use all have short reach and some people are idiot and don't pay attention that there is one available in front and cba to manoeuvre around.

Caporegime
Do any of you guys have mobility problems?
Genuine question. Because I don't like dragging the hose over my paintwork either, so I hold it away from the bodywork with my other hand.

Call it whatever you want, laziness, dirty, hose touching the paint, I just rather wait. Plus some of these are REALLY stiff and actually quite short.

Soldato
Call it whatever you want, laziness, dirty, hose touching the paint, I just rather wait. Plus some of these are REALLY stiff and actually quite short.

Fair enough. I've pulled into a petrol station before and witnessed three cars queuing for the same pump which is on the correct side for me, with the one next to them totally clear.
I'd personally rather hold the hose for 2 minutes that queue behind them all for 10.

Caporegime
Fair enough. I've pulled into a petrol station before and witnessed three cars queuing for the same pump which is on the correct side for me, with the one next to them totally clear.
I'd personally rather hold the hose for 2 minutes that queue behind them all for 10.

Well, I dislike waiting either so I normally after 9pm when it is almost always empty.

But when i have to...i just wait, unless i am in a real hurry.

Soldato
The amount of people in this thread who seem incapable or parking close enough to the pump that the hose reaches, and also cant hold the hose away from their car if they car so much about the paint work.

If I am using the opposite side pump I often aim for the hose to rest on my rear window screen.

This, and also the selfish c-words who don't wait that extra 30 seconds for the person in front to get back to their car from paying so that they can move to the front pump rather then jump straight on to the empty pump and block off an empty pump for the duration of their fill up.

Back
Top Bottom