New gaming PC

Associate
Soldato

Better components and cheaper !

9900k is a waste on gaming, 9700k will give same performance for cheaper. Specially with ryzen 3000 coming out on the 7th.
Good gigabyte /Aorus board is a much better design and with WiFi. Both it and the GPU have UK RMA and rep support on here !

Better case and better AIO/CLC unit that's Silent ! RGB frame covers that's been added plugs direct into the mobo and can ntrolled via that, no need for extra software in top, nXt CAM isn't great !
PSU is just as good, not over kill on watts and better customer service , rep on here and UK RMA and replacement

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £2,458.93 (includes shipping: £23.10)

That's almost a grand saving ! And achieve the same outcome ! OCUK can build , £80-100 then overclock for an extra charge. But you can just enable MCE (multi core enhancement) to run all cores at 4.9ghz

Last edited:
Soldato
What monitor are you going to be using ?

If you can't wait until the 7th July (Ryzen 3xxx) then the spec from Orbital is a good one. You should still consider Ryzen though as another option especially if gaming at 1440p/4K which I assume you are with a 2080 ti as you do get more for your money.

Associate
OP
Better components and cheaper !

9900k is a waste on gaming, 9700k will give same performance for cheaper. Specially with ryzen 3000 coming out on the 7th.
Good gigabyte /Aorus board is a much better design and with WiFi. Both it and the GPU have UK RMA and rep support on here !

Better case and better AIO/CLC unit that's Silent ! RGB frame covers that's been added plugs direct into the mobo and can ntrolled via that, no need for extra software in top, nXt CAM isn't great !
PSU is just as good, not over kill on watts and better customer service , rep on here and UK RMA and replacement

Total: £2,458.93 (includes shipping: £23.10)

That's almost a grand saving ! And achieve the same outcome ! OCUK can build , £80-100 then overclock for an extra charge. But you can just enable MCE (multi core enhancement) to run all cores at 4.9ghz

Thank you , but i think i will stick with the NXZT Case and the Zotac 2080ti .
Is 750 watt enough power for all of it ?
What is the difference between my 4133MHZ Ram and the 3600MHz that you reccomended?

Associate
OP
Soldato
What is the difference between my 4133MHZ Ram and the 3600MHz that you reccomended?

Yes 750W is more than enough. You get diminishing returns on Ram once you go past a certain speed. Not sure what the sweet spot is for Intel but usually 3000 - 3600 is the better price/performance. You are not going to see an extra £100 of performance with the kit you selected.

If you want RGB these are still cheaper.

Total: £328.68 (includes shipping: £8.70)

I'm using this monitor https://www.overclockers.co.uk/dell...een-led-backlit-gaming-monitor-mo-08z-de.html .
I think i will stick with intel this time

Ok fair enough. The 2080 ti is a good match then for that screen.

Soldato

Yes 750W is more than enough. You get diminishing returns on Ram once you go past a certain speed. Not sure what the sweet spot is for Intel but usually 3000 - 3600 is the better price/performance. You are not going to see an extra £100 of performance with the kit you selected.

If you want RGB these are still cheaper.

Total: £328.68 (includes shipping: £8.70)

Ok fair enough. The 2080 ti is a good match then for that screen.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/team...00c18-4000mhz-dual-channel-kit-my-09t-tg.html

£150 for 4000hz RGB ram :)

with high hz ram, you often have loser timings, and with latency, they often work out slower then 3200hz/3400 hz ram with tight low timings!

also, higher the ram, the more stress on the cpu IMC, specially when you overclock it

heads up, that NZXT case doesn't have USB C ports for £190.. can get £100 cases that come with it . NZXT releasing h710 soon so you'd be kicking yourself . as for airflow. P600S is VASTLY superior ! as well as quieter .

i do love the h510 Elite though!

https://www.nzxt.com/products/h510-elite-matte-black

rtx 2080ti would over heat in it, but lovely

Associate
OP
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/team...00c18-4000mhz-dual-channel-kit-my-09t-tg.html

£150 for 4000hz RGB ram :)

with high hz ram, you often have loser timings, and with latency, they often work out slower then 3200hz/3400 hz ram with tight low timings!

also, higher the ram, the more stress on the cpu IMC, specially when you overclock it

heads up, that NZXT case doesn't have USB C ports for £190.. can get £100 cases that come with it . NZXT releasing h710 soon so you'd be kicking yourself . as for airflow. P600S is VASTLY superior ! as well as quieter .

i do love the h510 Elite though!

https://www.nzxt.com/products/h510-elite-matte-black

rtx 2080ti would over heat in it, but lovely
I'll get those RAM then
Could you recommend more cases as P600S isn't really my style

Associate
RIP another brave soldier has fallen for mediocre mismatch style. And you were doing so well, had a style and a vision ! Don't forget to put at least 2 POP Toys in your case when you finished ! :D

Soldato
I'll get those RAM then

casing style is a hard one, as its personal tastes . I tend to go for either performance or silence

Total: £1,167.10 (includes shipping: £47.28)

lot of us run lian li dynamic. but when you add in 6 extra fans , that can range from £5 to £30 a fan- the costs mount up as well as vertically mounting your GPU​

Soldato
I'm using this monitor https://www.overclockers.co.uk/dell...een-led-backlit-gaming-monitor-mo-08z-de.html .
I think i will stick with intel this time
For that RTX 2080 would be good choise.
After that performance per price drops into toilet.

Only thing Intel is going to have over Zen2 is less threads for worser future proofness, quite likely clearly higher power consumption/heat output and more vulnerabilities than Swiss cheese has holes.
That PR about Intel giving reliability is BS.

What do you want from case?
More colour lights than Las Vegas has, or some lights as accentuating detail/finishing touch?
Do you want maximum airflow at the expense of no chances to muffle any component noises, or something more balanced?

And hat RGB can be added without paying buttrape&robbery prices from hype brands:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/phanteks-rgb-led-strip-starter-kit-ph-ledkt_cmbo-cm-023-pt.html

Associate
OP
I made a list of the cases i like. I would like something with a pretty good airflow. I don't really care of ots silent or not. My favorite from the list is still the NZXT one

Total: £1,256.72 (includes shipping: £61.92)

Soldato
Cheers, Orbi.

Just searched A700 and came up with these images - gives me a bit of hope as it's a nice sleek design:

Et7MrNS.jpg

X570 master would look good in that ! Heads up , glass is better sound insulator then solid metal panel , unless you whack some nice sound dampening material on it :)

@OG Susa

P600s without front sound damp is the best airflow case, Gamernexus showed it beating the Meahify S2 !
Which comes in second in your list , then inwin 303 and Lancool in 3rd

For me, once you go hinged door, you never go back haha .

Soldato
unless you whack some nice sound dampening material on it :)
Yeah, I've tried most materials/methods over the years - depends on case.

It's rare i buy a specific case for the purpose - but have owned be-quiet/Fractals (still have a Define) - but it's easy enough to soundproof a 'quality' case if you select said case with soundproofing in mind. Can't say it makes a massive difference when the GPU goes mental but for CPU intensive tasks it makes a big difference in blocking additional sound with a brick cooler/fan. It's another reason i avoid AIOs and also why it will be the first time i consider using 3 x 140mm front fans if the x570 fan proves a PITA - but, as mentioned in another post, i shouldn't give it cause to waken from its sunken hell-hole.

Only issue is that it makes the base unit annoyingly heavy once applied. :/

X570 master would look good in that !
If i needed the features i would get that board (great design) - but it would be wasted on me until PCIe 4 NVMe become a staple.

Back
Top Bottom