• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Associate
im guessing, those on 8/6 cores and single chiplets may go for 2:1 ratio. No need for Infinity fabric ( as much) and op for the higher ram speed. were as 12/16 core uses may wish to keep infinity fabric speed as high as possible, though 3733! is nothing to scoff at :D
I could make an opposite argument, that 12 and 16 core workloads are more likely to be starved for memory bandwidth and will like high clocks more than low latency.

Soldato
I could make an opposite argument, that 12 and 16 core workloads are more likely to be starved for memory bandwidth and will like high clocks more than low latency.

yeah, just double read after posting and indeed sounds that way. either way. people are going to have SO MUCH FUN this time messing around with benches... for fun and performance... not trying to get ryzen 1700 working at 2600hz on a £200 board 2 years ago hahaha

terms of that Gamingcashe, 12 cores works out with highest of 70/12=5.8MB per core. 8 and 16 cores is 4.5MB . like Tamzzy has mentioned will have to wait till reviews but seems might be swayed over to 12 cores for gaming. 6 cores also has 5.8MB per core- in theory .

safe to say intel will have to do something with their i5 chips...

Soldato
Not really, since they are going for the novelty effect, for 7nn chips being released on the 7th day of the 7th month.
Weird since it is a sunday yeah.

7 7 7 ... number of the beast ... :D and they call him, Ryzen

with just over 3 weeks till release im not sure why we haven't seen any UK pricing for CPU and Mobos.

under NDA not even meant to talk about release dates

Associate
7 7 7 ... number of the beast ... :D and they call him, Ryzen

under NDA not even meant to talk about release dates

Yeah, I queried Tom Logan on twitter, he said Google is your friend.
Saw in another report, NDA on day of release - which is a shocker imo.

That would, delay me to purchase my upgrades.
Waiting on Gamers Nexus review, and a few other reports first.

Soldato
AMD ought to lift the release embargo the day before pre-orders go live. They seem to be confident that they have a great CPU lineup, so why not back that up by giving consumers all the info they need prior to purchase? I don't like buying things without all the info to hand, so I'll be waiting until we've seen some reviews of the CPUs and boards. If that means missing out on the first batch then so be it.

Caporegime
Can we expect the 5nm and 3nm releases to be on 5/5/2021 and 3/3/2024 respectively? ;)

and then absolutely nothing after that, game over :(

Last edited:
Soldato
D8wo9TLVsAAwKeQ

Back
Top Bottom