Petrol station

Soldato
At half the stations round here, your front bumper would now be blocking the exit route for up to 11 cars and two HGVs... well done.

If that's the case the pumps are very badly designed and shouldn't be an HGV access area if moving my car 2ft forwards is enough to block a whole petrol station of access.

Soldato
I've never had a problem dragging the hose over my 3 series or my wife's S-Max without it touching the roof of the car. As such, I'll just use whatever's available, not going to wait for no reason :) All the petrol stations near me seem to have decent length hoses so it's not an issue around there at least.

Soldato
I'm quite precious about the paint on my car, and I don't like touching the pump or hose really, they are dirty and smell so I just put it in and wedge the filler cap in the trigger. I will continue to wait for a pump on the correct side. If you don't want to do that, then it's not a problem for you, why complain?

Associate
OP
I'm quite precious about the paint on my car, and I don't like touching the pump or hose really, they are dirty and smell so I just put it in and wedge the filler cap in the trigger. I will continue to wait for a pump on the correct side. If you don't want to do that, then it's not a problem for you, why complain?

Did you not finish reading my sentence? For reference it's below:

This doesn't really bother me at the petrol station I mostly use as I get to a pump faster, but at the one other I go to their is a kind of bottleneck so it's pretty frustrating having to queue when pumps are free!
Anyone else noticed this?

Their is one station I sometimes use which has a sort of queuing bottleneck meaning if someone is refusing to use a free pump, they're also blocking me from using it.

Soldato
I have a weekly argument with petrol station attendants who insist on beckoning me towards pumps on the opposite side to my fuel cap in order to speed up the process. I let them do it once, and despite the guy holding the hose, it still ended up getting dragged across the car, putting some nasty scratches in the boot lid, so now I always refuse. I find getting out, pointing at the hose, then pointing at the scratches usually makes them understand. :p

Soldato
I think the retards who park at a pump then walk around the forecourt looking for
A glove so they dont get thier pinkys dirty far more infuriating than a queue to use the correct sided pump

Closely followed by people who block the pump to do what seems to be a weeks worth of shopping, utter cretins.

Soldato
I think the retards who park at a pump then walk around the forecourt looking for
A glove so they dont get thier pinkys dirty far more infuriating than a queue to use the correct sided pump

Closely followed by people who block the pump to do what seems to be a weeks worth of shopping, utter cretins.

Presumably they are using diesel, absolutely can't blame them, it's disgusting stuff.

Man of Honour
I never understand people that wait, i have driven all sizes of cars and even a full size Range Rover has no issues ever with the pipe reaching to the far side. Just park infront of the desired pipe and it goes around the back easily on every car.
Same - I've been driving since 1997 and am yet to encounter a pump that won't reach across the back of the car. How far away are some of you parking?!

Soldato
I fill up on the correct side, one of our cars is a diesel so I don't want that #### allover my hands. Either way, i can't be arsed fannying about holding a filthy rubber hose in the air for the sake of saving myself 30 seconds.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
I fill up on the correct side, one of our cars is a diesel so I don't want that #### allover my hands. Either way, i can't be arsed fannying about holding a filthy rubber hose in the air for the sake of saving myself 30 seconds.
You dont need to!? You just drive infront of the pump so that your rear bumper is in line with the handle of the fuel which you will use. Pick up the handle, walk around your car, and fill up. You dont need to touch the hose any more than if you parked on the other side. I have driven around (probably more than) 300k miles over the years in loads of different vehicles and i have never, ever known a pump not to reach any vehicle.

Soldato
You dont need to!? You just drive infront of the pump so that your rear bumper is in line with the handle of the fuel which you will use. Pick up the handle, walk around your car, and fill up. You dont need to touch the hose any more than if you parked on the other side. I have driven around (probably more than) 300k miles over the years in loads of different vehicles and i have never, ever known a pump not to reach any vehicle.

I don't want the hose touching my car, when I did this in my last car I ended up having to respray the C Pillar as it gouged lines in the paintwork.

Soldato
Fill up whichever side is free, hold the hose over my car if its the other side but draw forward so its only over the rear... never touches my paint work.

I've never had a hose not reach and think people who go one side only are odd but hey, if you want to wait its your time :)

Back
Top Bottom