Poll: Do you leave the tap running while you're brushing your teeth?

Do you leave the tap running while you're brushing your teeth?

• Yes

Votes: 165 39.0%
  • No

Votes: 258 61.0%

• Total voters
Soldato
Have you considered this method:
1) Tap on, wet brush, toothpaste on, tap off
2) Brush your teeth
3) Stuff drips into the sink and doesn't wash away
4) Tap on, rinse brush, and magically the toothpaste that drips out of your mouth goes down the plug hole.

Why are you so bothered about toothpaste in the sink? Just rinse it at the end.

why do you wet the brush ... I only turn the tap on at end to rinse mouth+sink

I don't even stay in the bathroom
this .. go and look out the window, watch tv.

.. we're of course talking electric toothbrushes here yes ? .. modern tech

If people treat there own homes like the gym changing room they must live in a pig-stie
- they put their outdoor shoes on, and put them on, on the benches .... they're unable to stand on one foot and put a shoe on LOL
- floor is like a paddling pool
... not to mention the junk they spray on themselves.

Man of Honour
I leave it on out of habit. Haven't broken the habit, its low down on the priority list.

Sounds about my take on it, BUT, every time I brush my teeth, I think of the shelf below the bathroom mirror in a hotel I was in, in Brisbane, Aus., it had a printed sign, saying, WATER IS PRECIOUS, PLEASE DO NOT WASTE IT.

Soldato
No. I turn it off while brushing my teeth.

Saying that.. my shower needs running for 3 minutes before hot water even starts coming out. So I guess it doesn’t really matter tbh.

Soldato
I pay the water bill, don't really see what relevance it has to what we're talking about.

Also, did you really? I'm sure you measured it to the mL :rolleyes:

Don't need to measure it to the ml, I pay a bill for water used so as I'm paying for it I can use as much as I wish to pay for, also I live near the Peak District, very rare we don't have huge amounts of water just falling out of the sky, who'd thought that rain could be used in such a way as for coming out of the tap, also have a eye roll back :rolleyes:.

Soldato
I only use the tap at the very end. Toothbrush out, paste on, brush, spit, tap on, I use little water to clean around the mouth (no rinsing) and use water to clean brush. I sometimes wait 15-30 minutes or so to use mouthwash, but I don't use it daily.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I used to leave the tap on when i was 10. Nowadays I turn it off, plus I get bored and tend to walk around the bedroom or put the kettle on whilst brushing.

Back
Top Bottom