PC Game Pass (was Xbox Game Pass for PC)

Associate
It's a great deal although the windows app sucks for me. Just throws an error no matter what I do with some picture telling me I've got lost and to re start. Hopefully the app gets better!! :p

Soldato
It's easier just to use the Windows Store. Head to "My Library", then "Game Pass". It gives a full list of Game Pass titles (Xbox and PC). Most of the included PC games have an "Install" option on this page, though not all.

Man of Honour
I do notice it includes premium editions so dlc and expansions and ms or origin don't do that.

True, I've got Origin membership and MS Gamepass, dont think I will bother with the Uplay one as yet though, I already have all the Uplay titles that I'm interested in. Uplay already get plenty of kudos from me for the 20% off with their upoints anyway :)

Soldato
Think I'll take the free month with Uplay, just not sure there is that much I want to play that I don't own, might dip in and out when they release stuff I want, but bit pricey to keep all the time.

Pretty impressed with this Xbox thing so far anyway, installed the app and signed up, downloaded a couple of games and launched one no problems. Shame I don't actually have time to play anything right now, but definitely a bargain.

Soldato
So the xbox game pass for PC and the new App are kinda working out well, the games all work fine, however I can't get my xbox one guide button to bring up the game bar, have to use Win+G - and the app or game bar far as I can see doesn't tell you achievement progress, the app still doesn't work for purchased games, its game pass games only, and achievement notifications didn't work, you have to turn on taskbar notifications back on again for this to work.

So its got its teething issues, but so far its a solid start.

As for the Origin, vs uplay vs game pass, personally I think MS game Pass for PC is the better one, followed by Origin - uplay is way too expensive and UBI Soft have a horrid history with PC gamers, they have treated PC gamers with utter disdain in the past so Im never too keen on giving uplay too much of my money if I'm honest.

Caporegime
OP
I was looking forward to Uplay+ to try out the missing Assassin's Creed games in my collection.

Yesterday, I downloaded and installed AC: Director's Cut on Steam. Yes, it's an old game but what a pain to get going. No support for gamepad, weird stuttering and multi-second long pauses in gameplay. In the end, I gave up and went to the next one I own, Black Flag. Again, what a jittery, stuttering mess this was. I decided not to bother with Unity and will probably use the Uplay+ trial in September to try out the new games like Far Cry 5 which should work better on PC. I'll wait until I get another Xbox to try the older games in the Ubisoft library now.

Soldato
I was looking forward to Uplay+ to try out the missing Assassin's Creed games in my collection.

Yesterday, I downloaded and installed AC: Director's Cut on Steam. Yes, it's an old game but what a pain to get going. No support for gamepad, weird stuttering and multi-second long pauses in gameplay. In the end, I gave up and went to the next one I own, Black Flag. Again, what a jittery, stuttering mess this was. I decided not to bother with Unity and will probably use the Uplay+ trial in September to try out the new games like Far Cry 5 which should work better on PC. I'll wait until I get another Xbox to try the older games in the Ubisoft library now.

yeah, UBI soft games have always been a mess even on release, they aren't very PC friendly, and I do enjoy the Assassin's Creed games, I've mostly played them on PS4 or PS3 - which wasn't that great on PS3 if I'm brutally honest. They have some decent game franchises I guess, but the price for their subscription service is too expensive for what they are giving. MS game pass is still even when it hits full price, the better deal IMO

Soldato
Uplay+ needs a bulk discount.

Origin Access Premier is £14.99/month, which makes Uplay look like decent value given the included DLC and (arguably) better library of games. Except Origin Access Premier can also be bought in 12 month blocks for £89.99. Assuming Uplay+ is £14.99/month, Origin Premier is half the price...

Back
Top Bottom