The Sony A73/A7R3/A7S3/A9 Thread

Soldato
The 200-600 is indeed much bigger than my 100-400 but at least it will give me more kudos in the hide. More so when I paint the G logo background red...............

Caporegime
Looking at this photo of all lenses and sizes...

I really would also prefer to buy a 400mm f2.8 than the 600mm f4, especially with a high resolution sensor. The sizes of the 200-600 and the 600mm are pretty damn prohibitive, massive even, and with the additional cropping power of 40+MP I think the 400mm's would be fine for the majority of applications as far as amateurs are concerned.

all depends if you are rocking the R or the "lesser" 24Mpix bodies I suppose.

Soldato
I gave up carrying the really big whites a few years ago, age finally catching up. The 200-600 isn't a compromise for me, it's the only way I'm going to get to 600mm without working at F8. Don't hold your breath for some pics, although it's estimated some time in August for delivery the guy at Wex seemed to think that other markets get served before the UK!

Caporegime
I gave up carrying the really big whites a few years ago, age finally catching up. The 200-600 isn't a compromise for me, it's the only way I'm going to get to 600mm without working at F8. Don't hold your breath for some pics, although it's estimated some time in August for delivery the guy at Wex seemed to think that other markets get served before the UK!

True. I saw that in the US pre orders only opened today 3 days after our pre orders appeared in the UK but delivery was mid July for them and 3rd AUgust was earliest date for the UK. :(

Soldato
Just seen an A7iii for £1590 (including the Nikon £150 cash back) in Jessops of all places. Decent for the high street.
I bought all my Sony gear from them last year, they gave me an immediate discount on the A7Riii and the 100-400 without me asking for it and that's on top of the Sony cash-back.

Caporegime
Just what I needed. been holding off buying a A7r3 as wasnt happy with crop mode and AF and would in some ways be a step backwards from my A7III but a step upwards in other ways.. 26Mp on the new camera will be great for my wildlife photos. I wanted the A7rIII for the extra pixels for portrait/landscpe but didnt want the downsides

It has the AF tracking of the A9 and 61Mp when I want to do really detailed shots and the silly16 shot super picture of 240MP :eek:.

Hence have pre orderd already :)

The A9ii is going to be mind blowing spec wise when that comes out but can see that being £5k.

Soldato
I placed an order straight away mainly for the improved EVF. I look forward to trying it in September hopefully in time for an Iceland/Slovenia trip.

Would have liked to have had an A9 II announced too though.

Caporegime
I placed an order straight away mainly for the improved EVF. I look forward to trying it in September hopefully in time for an Iceland/Slovenia trip.

Would have liked to have had an A9 II announced too though.

I think Iceland deserves the R, the A9 wouldn't be useful there, as I am guessing its mostly landscape stuff you are doing.

Caporegime
Can't wait. But there is another new camera next week and the week after from Sony (launching one per week) and if there is a A9ii with 36Mp sensor, even better AF tracking, global shutter etc and its less than £4k I will swap and get that instead.

Back
Top Bottom