ElectriQ 34" 2K Quad HD Freesync Curved Gaming Monitor - £219.97

Associate
I picked up one of these today and I'm not 100% on how I feel about it.

I was hoping for a fairly decent overclock after reading all the success stories here, but I literally can't get any improvements above 60Hz.

I also have the "newer" version that has 3 HDMI ports plus a display port, and the on-screen display also has no mention whatsoever about an "overdrive" mode.

Finally, the bottom of the screen is significantly less bright than the rest of my screen, even on 100 brightness (my monitor also doesn't have the back light option in the on-screen display).

I've never had any issues with a monitor before, so are any of these worthy of a return/replacement?

Would I be luckier in the future with replacement monitor when it comes to overclocking or are all of these monitors now stuck at 60Hz?

Associate
Hey Waltee, did you try cru to force a custom resolution? Or if you have Nvidia did you try creating a custom resolution from their software? I have the same model as you with 3 HDMI and no overdrive in software and that's how I managed to overclock it.

Associate
Hey Waltee, did you try cru to force a custom resolution? Or if you have Nvidia did you try creating a custom resolution from their software? I have the same model as you with 3 HDMI and no overdrive in software and that's how I managed to overclock it.

Yeah I had done all of that to no avail. Well, I say to no avail, the on-screen display shows the refresh rate that I set but the UFO test shows frame skipping if I make any alterations higher than 62Hz.

Does your monitor also suffer with the very bottom of the screen being significantly more dim than the rest of the display?

Might see if I can get a replacement and hopefully get more luck next time.

Associate
I just got one of these today.

picture is superb although I am coming from 2 budget 24 inch 1080p monitors. its amazing how the screen seems monstrous yet its given me a lot more room than my 2 monitors.
currently using my 7970 with this so will be medium settings until my 1070 arrives in the post.

main issue I am having at the moment is this new model the HDMI is locked to 50Hz over its native resolution and you cant change this in the Radeon settings. not a major issue as the amd card is going as soon as my new card arrives and I already have a decent DP cable ready for my migration to team green. I am converted to ultrawide its like next gen lol

for anyone interested I paid £299 for this so its not as cheep as its been but its certainly a lot cheaper than the big brands!

out of the box settings were pretty good but tbh i've used the amd drivers to give me a picture im happy with

Associate
Think I figured out why the 7970 is only displaying 50hz. I don't think the specs of it's hdmi of the card is able to send 60hz to the monitor. I tried a DVI to hdmi and was only able to use 30hz so I've been using 50hz while awaiting my 1070 which is coming today

I've actually been impressed with how well the old card can run on 1440p! 5 year old card that can still run 50hz at 1440p using medium and low settings still looks amazing compared to comsoles.

It's not been to hard to stream and have web browsers up to so I'm completely over the moon with ultrawide monitor's. Will be seeing how many hz I can get out of it but will be using fast sync if I can't push it so far.

No ghosting or stick pixels on mine overall very happy and will update what I find using Nvidia card in regards to oc the monitor

Associate
just a heads up. just tried (with the latest nvidia drivers) and can confirm this now works with Gsync!. you have to enable freesync in the OSD of the monitor and in the nvidia control panel. very happy with the result

Associate
Bit of a large bump.. has anyone got the updated version of this with the 35" panel. I'm fairly temped if its not junk.
*what link*

It wont really be used for gaming - just a nice big screen for general computing and maybe as a second / occasional tv..

I certainly wont be spending any more than this so its a choice between this or branded 29" ips / what ever I can get for~300 quid

Andy.

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks for the heads up. Link gone - rules read..

They have been around a bit by the looks of things but they have obvious changed to a different panel fairly recently and theres not loads about it in its new form.. (No speakers, 34 > 35, faster refresh)

Associate
I am currently looking at a similar item. 1440p 95hz IPS..... with Freesync and apparently.... "Optimised for Nvidea :Dand AMD graphic cards to eliminate any stuttering and tearing"

It also lists G-Sync support though I doubt this highly.

Still at £170 from a well known supplier of laptops and monitors Im half tempted. Anyone had any joy with one already?

eiQ-27MQ95FSHDRU

Associate
I
I am currently looking at a similar item. 1440p 95hz IPS..... with Freesync and apparently.... "Optimised for Nvidea :Dand AMD graphic cards to eliminate any stuttering and tearing"

It also lists G-Sync support though I doubt this highly.

Still at £170 from a well known supplier of laptops and monitors Im half tempted. Anyone had any joy with one already?

eiQ-27MQ95FSHDRU
n

I have since gone out and bought one, I'll start a thread with my review but wanted to add this hear for traceability. Hopefully it might help someone in the future.

Associate
Any idea of Panel type (manufacturer?)
sRGB coverage?

etc etc

Ill look at the panel spec tonight if I can. As for coverage....

Ive come the conclusion whatever Electriq are buying and rebranding is the same as this unit : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQYt-4xhrRA

Electriq are known to slap their name on products that they've vetted coming out of China and possibly South Korea. Looking at the results Hardware Unboxed got with my own unit im convinced its the same unit. Specs etc. are identical. Im pretty sure Pixio and these other firms do the same, its probably sold under other names too.

I can also confirm Freesync works well with a test R9 Nano I installed.

Im checking G-Sync tonight then ill write a review up.

Associate
Ill look at the panel spec tonight if I can. As for coverage....

Ive come the conclusion whatever Electriq are buying and rebranding is the same as this unit : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQYt-4xhrRA

Electriq are known to slap their name on products that they've vetted coming out of China and possibly South Korea. Looking at the results Hardware Unboxed got with my own unit im convinced its the same unit. Specs etc. are identical. Im pretty sure Pixio and these other firms do the same, its probably sold under other names too.

I can also confirm Freesync works well with a test R9 Nano I installed.

Im checking G-Sync tonight then ill write a review up.

Yeah. i noticed the fact he mentioned in the video about it not having a sRGB Toggle?

Is that the case on the ElectriQ?

If you could open a thread/review etc that'd be cool. Interested to see whats available in the OSD etc. too.

Associate
Yeah. i noticed the fact he mentioned in the video about it not having a sRGB Toggle?

Is that the case on the ElectriQ?

If you could open a thread/review etc that'd be cool. Interested to see whats available in the OSD etc. too.

Nope, no toggle.

OSD is awful, exactly the same as my QNIX ive just replaced.

Back
Top Bottom