HP Reverb

Associate
I was a little shocked when I googled him and the others on the call lol

HP are definitely taking this all very seriously, just keeping my fingers crossed now that my new headset turns up fast and no more issues.

Associate
OP
well my first order for the Reverb on the 30th got cancelled the next morning due to a processing error they said,i got sent an email from HP saying I could re order it and it would be fine so I did the next day.

problem is HP are now refusing to refund me the money for the first one they cancelled and ive had to get paypal involved..they have been totally silent to 2 emails and web contact forms I filled in..incompetent springs to mind from my point of view.

Associate
OP
yes charged me for both even tho they cancelled the first.

no idea on their justification I cannot get any response from them despite filling in their online form regarding the query form online and 2 separate emails.

I got paypal involved and let them sort it but doesn't come across as very professional.

Associate
Mine was picked up Friday by dpd. Hp have sent me a credit note and refund should take 8 days. It took me a few calls to get it sorted. I won't bother ordering another. Hopefully the new vive cosmos uses the same panels and it's around the same price so I'm gonna wait for more info on that set

Associate
Had mine for just over a week. Any race over half hour (all iracing races) the headset goes black briefly, but last time it shut off all together. I’m going to try and get a refund. Absolutely gutted as the headset is awesome if not for the black out issue. The headset does get warm.

Soldato
Had mine for just over a week. Any race over half hour (all iracing races) the headset goes black briefly, but last time it shut off all together. I’m going to try and get a refund. Absolutely gutted as the headset is awesome if not for the black out issue. The headset does get warm.
Mine has blacked out only once. It too does get warm, but so did CV1/S and there were no issues (ok the S did black out, but was cured by firmware update). They say that black outs are due to poor connection at the plug, flicker is due to USB power. HP have confirmed that they are redesigning the plug, but for now people are doing this simple mod to relieve tension from the socket:
2LAxnQD.jpg

I will trigger warranty claim on mine, but only once they sort out the supply - can't go back to lower res HMDs now :)

Soldato
Back in stock at HP store UK! I've returned my first set due to flickering problems, debating on getting another one as Vive Cosmos turned out to be a dud and everything else has way poorer res...

Last edited:
Associate
Do we think the cosmos will look close to the visual quality of the HP reverb, If the HP is going to be a clear winner still, I might just get one for the seated games, I've been sat on the fence a while now, itching to upgrade my oculus cv1 to something better.

Last edited:
Soldato
How would a ROG Strix 1080ti plus i8700k at 5GHz cope with the reverb do you think? Currently rift S is fine.
My system is identical to yours and reverb was fine. My VR games were Assetto Corsa (90fps), IL2 (60-90fps), DCS (mostly 45) and rFactor2(90fps). Arcade games like RoboRecall (via Revive) were easy 90fps.

In fact, one of the most surprising things abot the Reverb was how well it turned out to perform. I was expecting it to be a absolute dog in that regard, but it was not the case.

Basically, if one is into seated VR games (driving, flying, space sims) and has 1080ti+, then reverb is a no-brainer imo.

Last edited:
Soldato
He is a casual gamer/reviewer, other reviewers did like it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeqJjICyzeo
But check out some real world sim racer impressions like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZ3WSAmBJmE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNS42AyPYo4

This sim racer does a direct comparison with Index:
starting at 17:20 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42vigTr4BuQ

Imo, if you've got the funds (and have a 1080ti, and love seated VR - as you say you do), you owe it to yourself to try. You can always return within 14 days of course :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom