Poll: Do you leave the tap running while you're brushing your teeth?

Do you leave the tap running while you're brushing your teeth?

• Yes

Votes: 165 39.0%
  • No

Votes: 258 61.0%

• Total voters
Associate
Question for you shower brushers.

How do you rinse? Do you open your gob to the warm showery goodness, do you wait until you're out the shower and back at the sink, or are you a non-rinser?

Whilst I've heard of brushing in the shower, I had no idea it was so socially acceptable.

Soldato
Question for you shower brushers.

How do you rinse? Do you open your gob to the warm showery goodness, do you wait until you're out the shower and back at the sink, or are you a non-rinser?

Whilst I've heard of brushing in the shower, I had no idea it was so socially acceptable.

Open gob and rinse, water is water.. although i wouldn't do that in an older house.

Soldato
I turn tap off because I'm on a water meter and I like to keep my water bill to under £200 a year. Managed successfully for the last 5 years. Winning.

Soldato
Yes as it washes away the toothpaste that drops out of my mouth whilst brushing, I don't have it running a full blast though

Eh? Even my 4 year old can brush his teeth without toothpaste dropping out! What do you do?! Bulldog eating mayonnaise isn't quite the right analogy here but not far off.

Caporegime
I too only learnt a few years ago that you are not supposed to rinse, though technically you can if you are following up with mouthwash.

Rinsing gets rid of any crap you loosen, but you don't get any of the benefits of flouride or any other remineralisation compounds.

So I'm guessing all CT tinfoil hat wearers rinse? :D

Man of Honour
No, now I am on a water meter it really makes me think. Unless of course I forget about the hose pipe and leave it watering the garden all night, thereby also flooding next doors garden/patio (last summer) :p

Soldato
I too only learnt a few years ago that you are not supposed to rinse, though technically you can if you are following up with mouthwash.
Look on the bottle of mouthwash you use, most likely it will tell you it's best to use after 15 or more minutes after brushing your teeth, not directly after.

lol, extra unneeded quotes appeared.

Back
Top Bottom