Cola

Associate
Why is Pepsi Max so darn good? I think they changed the formula perhaps a year or so ago and having previously been a hater I now have to concede it is truly awesome. Unlike Diet Coke, it actually has a pleasant taste. Yet unlike Coca Cola, it doesn’t feel like it’s melting your teeth and doesn’t have a grossly sweet aftertaste. Yum.

Just a thread telling you to give the Pepsi max a go really.

What’s your favourite? Any hipster colas to try?

Pepsi Max is rank.

regular Coca-Cola all the way.

Caporegime
medicine - also has side effects which are written on the label.

as in aspirin can kill some people, etc.

aspartame doesn't seem to come with the same scrutiny in that respect. so i'm sure you can appreciate people can be allergic to it or react badly. so i avoid all chemical sweetners specifically. i prefer stevia not in it's taste but the fact it's more likely not to do me harm.

Ah, the classic 'it is natural so it probably does less harm than anything synthetic' train of thought.

Associate
If the aforementioned soft drinks contain aspartame, then this is exactly the most on topic that it can be.

Life without aspartame and other modern food additives (circa 1984):
25itavl.png

Life with aspartame and other modern food additives (circa now):
2v2e2is.jpg

It's of course your choice how you prefer it.

I take 100% apple juice not from concentrate and I feel fine.

So male pattern baldness didn't exist before 1984?

Man of Honour
u5F6nk.jpg

I got served this is a restaurant recently. Was quite nice. No idea where you could buy it though.
It's very common in Austria and Germany (one of my German colleagues tells me it was invented by two students) but I haven't seen it in the UK.

Lidl and Aldi both do their own cut price own-brand Pepsi Max which is very very close to the real thing.

Associate
Full sugar - Pepsi beats Coca Cola hands down
Sweetener - Pepsi Max vs Coke Zero is a draw
Premier - Fentimans (the whole range of soft drinks is excellent)
Leftfield - Freeway Cola from Lidl is very good, both sugar and diet versions

Though I go Dandelion and Burdock on the basis of taste rather than a caffeine hit. I bought some D&B cordial which I'm still waiting to try.

Caporegime
Oh yes! So the "orange" canned irn bru has 16g of sugar instead of the original 34g, and the rest is made up with sweetener!

Well to be honest it still tastes good, so meh...

Dr Pepper is the same too!

Soldato
I've been calling Pepsi MAX ambrosia for years. It's my favourite soft drink and nectar of the gods.

Last time I had it Tesco Xero cola was very nice. BARR also do a Cola you can find in Farmfoods, 2 bottles for £1.50 and it's very nice too.

These days I mostly drink water with 1 or 2 cups of coffee or tea in the evening. Prices went up in 2016 after Brexit vote, no more £1 bottles of 2L Pepsi MAX from ASDA, and despite being sugar free after the sugar tax prices went up again.

Back
Top Bottom