Killing Eve

SPG

SPG

Soldato
I enjoyed it,

TBH i am getting bored of picking holes in pretty much everything that comes in-front of my eyes these days, going back to Nay, Yay, OK scoring system.

Killing series 2 is a YAY

Caporegime
I binged it all, it is good viewing but S1 is better.

I like Villanelle as a character that you don't know much of and doing things that is un-predictable. The mystery of Villanelle is what is attractive and I miss her doing all these contract killings and doing it in ingenious ways and doing the little Bye-Bye wave with their dead body. They practically stopped doing all that. The Ghost storyline was cut short far too quickly and having them both on the same team kills the tension.

The role reversal of the other one left for dead sound like a good idea but we know that is only done for cliffhanger purposes and nothing else.

Overall S2 lacks the fun of S1, lacks the danger that Eve was and if you can't commit to killing off characters you lose the tension.

Soldato
Different head writer for the second series, or showrunner as Americans call it. There will be another different head writer for the third series.

Permabanned
A bit late to the party but I just started watching, seems the BBC got everything covered with regards to diversity and sexuality.

It's slightly quirky/weird, I was hoping the murders would be much more intricate but that's not the case at all, it feels like it's intended to be funny but misses the mark.

The characters are one dimensional, starts off well with a lot of promise but fizzles out imo.

Will watch some more of season 2 but it doesn't deserve the hype.

Soldato
Too many self-styled wannabe critics on here. Just finished S2 - not as good as S1 but still a very enjoyable watch. Villanelle is a fantastic character, and I think Comer acts her very well.
Agreed, s2 not as good as the first but that was a tough act to follow. Still thoroughly enjoyed it though and Jodie Comer is just brilliant.

Soldato
I binge watched both series over the last few days and loved it. Villanelle fascinates me and it kept me laughing as well. Looking forward to S3.

Soldato
I’m finding S4 a bit of a drag so far. Villanelle constantly looks like she’s raided her Mum’s wardrobe and a lot of it just isn’t clicking for me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom